First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Who has it?
who has no noise whatsoever?
At what mileage did it start? (Most say 2k mi)
Has anyone fixed it?
If dealer replaces, do the replacements make the noise too eventually?

Figured I’d start a thread for it while I wait for my Mojave to be built, to try and get a head start on it…😡
Sponsored

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have it on the 2.5 adjustable version. I know that a lot of others had it too on the stock 2.5’s.

I reached out to Fox they said “it should go away once the seals wear a little” that was at around 500 miles, had them for about 3000 miles and they still do it. I just shoot some silicone lubricant on them and it goes away for a few weeks. I will eventually take them to Fox since they are local. Weird thing is that it’s only the rear not the fronts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Espo774

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
I have it on the 2.5 adjustable version. I know that a lot of others had it too on the stock 2.5’s.

I reached out to Fox they said “it should go away once the seals wear a little” that was at around 500 miles, had them for about 3000 miles and they still do it. I just shoot some grease on them and it goes away for a few weeks. I will eventually take them to Fox since they are local. Weird thing is that it’s only the rear not the fronts.
How do you grease them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Espo774

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
The outer dust seals are dry. Smear a little silicone grease on the shaft near the seal. This should take care of it.
How? Looks all sealed up

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Figured I’d start a thread for it while I wait for my Mojave to be built
Seems to me that you're getting the cart before the horse worrying about a problem for a truck that isn't even built yet, as well as something that may not be that common of an issue overall.

Just because there may be a few posts on here with owners that have experienced this condition doesn't necessarily mean that it is widespread, or inevitable for everyone.

I'd recommend take delivery of your new truck when it arrives, and enjoy the heck out of it. If any problems do pop up, that's what the warranty is for.
I would wager that the biggest problem you'll have will be getting the smile off your face.:like:

Currently have over 10K miles on my '21 Mojave, and have experienced no odd suspension noises to date.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Crossed 10k miles yesterday. Many of those miles on very dusty trails. Not a peep from the suspension so far. Honestly this is the least noisy Jeep I’ve ever owned.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Remove the 3 screws at the bottom of the black plastic shield. You can then raise the shield, exposing the shaft and the bottom of the shock body where the seal is.

I don't hear any noise from my Mojave when driving it, even with the windows down. However, in the garage, if I bounce the suspension by hand, I hear a faint squeak from both front shocks. The rears are silent.

Sponsored

Dezerox

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate
all 4 of my mojave fox shocks are bad noisy and sound like old farm truck. the 1st of the 4 comes in tomorrow which is the right rear. it's the WORSE. i mean my truck sounds like it's 30 years old. I've had it for 11 months and only 11k miles. FCA wants to replace 1 corner at a time...

It's been all I can do not to trade it for a ram. If the top and doors came off of a ram I wouldn't blink an eye. it's only thing keeping me in this mojave. Last thing I want is this to happen again and truck not be under warranty one day. It's a damn good thing I didn't lift it yet though.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Odd, I wonder what the cause is? Do all of you live in humid environments?

@KurtP You’re kind of our Mojave suspension guru here, any thoughts?

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Mine were quiet up until 27k. Not a peep. Traded it in but it was all good n da hood.

Dezerox

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate
Right Rear replaced.... Left rear and front right should hopefully be in next week. Front Left is on indefinite backorder.... now that my right rear is replaced you can really hear the left rear now and front left. That's how loud the right rear was.... it feels great having a 60k truck that sounds 30 years old. If top and doors came off a RAM....this would be gone.... I've been fighting the trade though. I really like my gladiator but man it sounds like a PoS.

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
I am in the same boat! Mine sounds like it's going to fall apart and is embarrassing. I have an appointment to get it looked at but I am scared they are going to say my AEV 2" spacer lift is the cause ughhhh
Sponsored