First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Hopefully one of these manufactures will finally build a "Mojave" specific kit; kind of wild they have not yet.
Sponsored

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully one of these manufactures will finally build a "Mojave" specific kit; kind of wild they have not yet.
They do!!....AEV has a Mojave specific lift....I have it installed on my Mojave.....
Fabtech also has 2 versions of a Mojave lift kit (Sport 2 and Trail Lift).....
Metal Cloak also has a lift that will work with the Mojave.......
There is also another space lift but the brand escapes me right now...

Last edited:

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
The do!!....AEV has a Mojave specific lift....I have it installed on my Mojave.....
What he said, and Iron Rock Offroad has a 2" spacer lift. I'm getting the AEV spacer lift and geometry correction brackets installed on my Mojave tomorrow.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Personally as a technician (part-time) I've never been a fan of spacer kits......unless of it's for a mall crawler.

Once I order one, it will mostly be a beach rig......with occasional mud and trail rides.

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
The do!!....AEV has a Mojave specific lift....I have it installed on my Mojave.....
I have the metalcloak full game changer kit and it is awesome, very smooth off road and pretty much bullet proof. It wasn't cheap but neither were the shocks. I have about 200 miles off road so far on the lift.

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Personally as a technician (part-time) I've never been a fan of spacer kits......unless of it's for a mall crawler.

Once I order one, it will mostly be a beach rig......with occasional mud and trail rides.
Normally, I agree with you! However, the suspension on the Mojave is so different that this is the one place I am seriously considering the spacer
lift. If I don’t get the spacer lift, I imagine I will get the metal cloak if I can get them to satisfactorily explain to me why they don’t do shock extensions in the back as well. This is assuming I lift. This summer I am running 35s with zero lift and I’m going to see how she likes the rocks in Colorado before I decide to lift it.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t Fabtech have a kit specifically for the Mojave? If they advertise as such, I would think it’s 2”.
Yes. It's made specifically for the Mojave and is 2 inch and is built for off road use. It replaces the Mojave coils and other parts, but not the shock set up. I was just hoping if any had used this kit and if it actually raises the Mojave 2 inches. I've heard that sometimes height can be displaced. I don't want to spend $1,700 and not get the lift I wanted. Thanks.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave

I have always been a full suspension guy and never been a fan of the spacer kits. There are always compromises with spacers.

The biggest draw of the Mojave is actually the suspension though. After blasting across the desert 2 track, you see how well it works. I am shocked at how good it does for an OEM suspension. So... Getting rid of what works so well and is so expensive doesn't make sense.

The spacers seem to be solid from everyone I have talked to and keep almost all of the stock suspension goodness. I am giving the AEV kit a try. If I don't like it, I will jump to some different springs. I am installing the geometry brackets and adjustable track bars as well. So the springs will be kind of an easy jump if I decide the spacers don't work.

CO3_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Debating ordering the AEV for my Mojave as well. Did you add anything to the kit from AEV for the install or just straight as they provide it? Also, I love the way the Mojave handles currently and want to maintain that with the lift - any regrets there or that you would do differently? Thanks in advance!

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Debating ordering the AEV for my Mojave as well. Did you add anything to the kit from AEV for the install or just straight as they provide it? Also, I love the way the Mojave handles currently and want to maintain that with the lift - any regrets there or that you would do differently? Thanks in advance!
No regrets..You absolutely want to add the AEV geometry correction brackets. The AEV brackets preserve the stock geometry/ride. Mine rides/drives just like stock! I also added LCA and several other things like track bars etc.... but none of them are absolutely necessary....The only thing you don't want to live without adding is the AEVbrackets!....You can check my showcase for a list of parts I used if your curious...

BTW....WHen you have it aligned after the lift is installed, make sure the caster is in the 5.5-6 range. That will make a world of difference in the ride/drive quality !!! Ask me how I know...lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
No regrets..You absolutely want to add the AEV geometry correction brackets. The AEV brackets preserve the stock geometry/ride. Mine rides/drives just like stock! I also added LCA and several other things like track bars etc.... but none of them are absolutely necessary....The only thing you don't want to live without adding is the AEVbrackets!....You can check my showcase for a list of parts I used if your curious...

BTW....WHen you have it aligned after the lift is installed, make sure the caster is in the 5.5-6 range. That will make a world of difference in the ride/drive quality !!! Ask me how I know...lol
Which CORE control arms did you get and why did you decide to get them in addition to the geometry correction brackets?

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of putting a Fabtech 2 inch Trail Lift Kit on my Mojave and keeping the stock Fox shock set up. My Jeep dealership's service department said it was the one that they would recommend since the Mopar lift won't work. My questions is that since the Mojave is already lifted an inch above the Rubicon, would this lift kit add another 2 inches or would it be displacing an inch or so? Hopefully, not since that would make it worthless. Just wondering.
I didn't measure the stock height of my Mojave before I lifted it, but to my knowledge the Mojave's stock lift configuration is only 1 inch taller than the stock Rubicon configuration in the front. The back is the same for both.

As far as additional height over stock goes, you should expect that either the MetalCloak or Fabtech lifts will add their height to the stock height. If you leave the stock tires on you'll see massive gaps grow between the fender wells and the tires after installing the lift. After going up to 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grappler tires I ended up with 9-1/4 inches of clearance between the front tires and the outer, bottom edge of the front fender flares. On the back the clearance came out to 6-7/8 inches of clearance.

Here's the front. You can see the MetalCloak upper shock, drop brackets with the stock, Fox shocks. There's also a lower shock relocation bracket for the front. The lower shock relocation bracket also shifts the shock location to be outboard rather an inboard to give you tire clearance.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Front

Here's the back. There's no shock relocation or drop brackets to install on the back.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Back

Do you know what size tires you plan to run on the Mojave after the lift? If you're going to 37's or 38's I recommend going with MetalCloak's 3.5" GameChanger lift for the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. This will allow you to retain the stock Fox shocks and give you another 1.5 inches of height over the Fabtech lift. That extra height will be valuable.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't measure the stock height of my Mojave before I lifted it, but to my knowledge the Mojave's stock lift configuration is only 1 inch taller than the stock Rubicon configuration in the front. The back is the same for both.

As far as additional height over stock goes, you should expect that either the MetalCloak or Fabtech lifts will add their height to the stock height. If you leave the stock tires on you'll see massive gaps grow between the fender wells and the tires after installing the lift. After going up to 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grappler tires I ended up with 9-1/4 inches of clearance between the front tires and the outer, bottom edge of the front fender flares. On the back the clearance came out to 6-7/8 inches of clearance.

Here's the front. You can see the MetalCloak upper shock, drop brackets with the stock, Fox shocks. There's also a lower shock relocation bracket for the front. The lower shock relocation bracket also shifts the shock location to be outboard rather an inboard to give you tire clearance.

Here's the back. There's no shock relocation or drop brackets to install on the back.

Do you know what size tires you plan to run on the Mojave after the lift? If you're going to 37's or 38's I recommend going with MetalCloak's 3.5" GameChanger lift for the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. This will allow you to retain the stock Fox shocks and give you another 1.5 inches of height over the Fabtech lift. That extra height will be valuable.
Thanks for the info. Yes. Now I'm debating on getting the MetalCloak and 37's over the Fabtech 2 inch and 35's. Cringing at the gas mileage, though, but it does look great. I do use the truck off road. Generally trails no harsher than 6/10. The MetalCloak site said it recommends replacing the drive shaft for $629 for off road use. Did you? That would put the kit at around $2,800. What's the tallest height (floor to roof line) on your truck? Garage is 80 inches. Figure I'll need to park outside the garage with the MetalCloak.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I can say you definitely will have driveshaft issues with the Rocksport shocks but those extend like 6" longer than stock. I think you'd be ok with the stock shocks and the extensions because my CV joint is just maxed out at full droop. Need to get this new Spicer shaft in there this weekend.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
for the Mojave all a lift does (if keep stock shocks which is ideal) is add a little ground clearance and allow for bigger than 37's. It is not increase wheel travel so it will not really change how it rips in the desert (unless you add larger tires), but it will help in the crawling areas.

the only honest way to improve on the mojave's suspension is to increase wheel travel to 11in minimum in front and rear while using FOX's 2.5 DSC's. the Mojave shocks go for about $1,000 each from Mopar, and the DSC's go for about $750. (i'd also add rear IFP bump stops from FOX) - now the cost is a wash, but you have a ton of more travel. Just be mindful which springs you run. you need firm for desert, softer for crawling.

The internal bypass of the Mojave, while nice, are not tuneable and are actually a smaller diameter shock piston than the 2.5 DSC's, meaning less dampening even though the IBP (internal bypass) firms dampening as compression increases (and helps with rebound).
Sponsored