Sponsored

Deleted member 47279

Not sure if EcoDiesel has anything to do with it. But everything seems to be harder with this engine, e.g., lift kits, fender liners, etc. On the EcoDiesel the hosing is different under the hood so it’s probably the reason. My fitting from the hood sprayers to the hose going down to the washer tank/pump were different but you can swap them out. The rest fits as is. Also the hose fitting is closer to the bulkhead so I didn’t run into length problems like others have.
the one thing i hate about my ecodiesel is parts lol
Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got the part…

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator C9638731-817C-4F6F-8D0D-E8D2342D4B07

I put in a valve assembly so I can choose either set of sprayers.
Partially because it gives me options, partially because my OCD won’t let me abandon stuff in place.
One note:
The elbow in the stock line is also a quick-disconnect, making hood removal one step easier.

Kevin
What valve did you use? I ordered an aquarium air tubing valve that looks similar to the one in your picture but it’smore of a manifold with an always open pass through on the other side. Can you post the Amazon link if that’s where you got it?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Just installed mine today. Easy enough (with a gear puller for the arms as previously suggested).

Here is a summary of the prior excellent suggestions that I used
1) add shrink tubing to the frayed/frayable nylon wrap ends
2) reuse the original quick connect barb connector instead of the included barb connector which is too small
3) Plug the unused line attached to the hood (if not using both the hood and wipers as discussed above)(fyi - the kit has 2 usable white plugs that are placed in the quick disconnects presumably for shelf life and shipping)
4) paint or otherwise add rust protection to the 2 nuts at the spline joints

I also added antiseize to the spline fittings between the wiper arms and the shafts. The shafts appear to be steel while the arms appear to be aluminum (which led to a bit more of a pull than I was anticipating to get one of the arms off)

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Installed a set yesterday on the wife's 21 JLURD and have a set for my 23 JTRD when I get it in about a week....

Gotta ask, HOW did jeep screw up the connector size ????

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I didn't have any issues with connector sizes. Everything went together perfectly. What are you referring to?
You plugged the hose the kit provided into the diconnect for the hood sprayers? Mine was much bigger on the Jeep and the hose connector provided wobbled around in it

Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Sounds good.
What year is yours, maybe jeep changed, mine went on a 21 JLURD, I'll text the theory in a week when my 23 JTRD rolls off the Choo Choo

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Anyone in North Eastern / Great Lakes winter states confirm if these wipers are an improvement over stock now that the snow is here?
Sponsored