Sponsored

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So true. I still have my 12volt and the super small dial for the redarc in an alternate location actually works better for me overall.

I think the only mistake somebody could make is using an old school style knee-buster. Screw those things, lol

The old school style knee-buster is what I have but I also put it there with double-sided velcro tape so I can take it off when not in use. I completely get the aesthetics and all but it doesn't bother me. Definitely a to each their own in that regard.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't make much sense if I have to relocate the power port given I use it fairly often for various things.
Some do, some don't. I've never used mine in the 11 months I've had it. I can see maybe if I used my Garmin it requires a 12 volt "outlet" but everything else I happen to own is either 110 or USB.
Some folks do use that outlet a lot. If you do, bet you can install that controller somewhere else - like people have done with the Redarc, or use another brand controller...... There's another choice now anyway. People will buy and use what they prefer. That's why Jeep offers so many exterior colors - you buy what YOU like.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
For sure, my Android quick charges off the USB-C media port, but NONE of the iPad/iPhones fast charge off the USB-A. I have a 2 x 2.4a A and C charger on that cigarette lighter, I ain't giving that up!

The Bluetooth Curt works just fine for what we need (for <50% of that OEM unit). Kinda glad this stupid factory unit took so long to appear.

Doesn't make much sense if I have to relocate the power port given I use it fairly often for various things.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Mines been on order for 3 months. Maybe actually see it soon???
Preorder priority hopefully!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For sure, my Android quick charges off the USB-C media port, but NONE of the iPad/iPhones fast charge off the USB-A. I have a 2 x 2.4a A and C charger on that cigarette lighter, I ain't giving that up!

The Bluetooth Curt works just fine for what we need (for <50% of that OEM unit). Kinda glad this stupid factory unit took so long to appear.
My LG android devices SLOW charge off the USB ports - any of them. For a fast charge I bring the charger and plug it into the 110 outlet on the back of the console. THAT fast charges.

Sponsored

bigdavepz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Apologies if this was posted somewhere before, but are there any published installation instructions as yet?

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Should come with the controller.
I'm hoping to see the instructions before I order. I want to see how it wires in because I want to install it in a non factory location and want to figure out how much of a pain in the ass it will be.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping to see the instructions before I order. I want to see how it wires in because I want to install it in a non factory location and want to figure out how much of a pain in the ass it will be.
It plugs into an already existing plug behind the dash.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sort of - it will plug into the connector at the left kick panel - BUT - where does the MAIN controller box mount, and what sort of wire or cable connects the part you see to that box?
The part you see is only the control - not the meat of the brake controller. There will still be a box somewhere. The space where that 12 volt outlet sits is small, too small for any sort of controller itself.

So how long is the harness that goes to the kick panel connector, and what sort of wire connects that to the knob in the 12v outlet spot?

Gobi-Wan Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I understand that. What I want to see is the details like how much extra slack I have in the wiring and how it actually mounts. I also want to see what happens to the 12v plug wiring.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that. What I want to see is the details like how much extra slack I have in the wiring and how it actually mounts. I also want to see what happens to the 12v plug wiring.
What happens to the 12 volt outlet wiring is whatever you want to happen to it - I moved mine over to the right thinking someday I may make a hole and reinstall the outlet over there somewhere. Otherwise you simply let the connector sit back there where the outlet used to be. It would be like other unused connections - tape it to something so it can't rattle and leave it be. Otherwise, what happens to it is up to you.
Sponsored