Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I have to admit, this looks quite believable. I’m trying not to think about feeling like a sucker the last two times it was “officially announced “.

i’ve complained on this forum about the lack of ability many times.

I don’t want to lose sight that I think the Gladiator is the coolest truck available since the 1946 Dodge Power Wagon.
Sponsored

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
I hope the Mopar one integrates into the HU/Car Computer as well like the RAM 1500 controller.

mpainting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I had one on order from the dealer last time "it was available". Just heard from my dealer that the order is still in the system and the ETA is now February.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For me it is the fit and finish. The Redarc one looks like an aftermarket add on and the Mopar one matches the existing dials and fonts perfectly. So the function is the same, the form is better. The redarc one looks like a pacifier to me. Not a big deal but I would rather spend a little extra and get the factory one.
I get it - makes sense.
And I will likely eventually get one of these, too - I figured the Redarc one I installed can always go to our new GC as it's got a 6200 pound tow capacity - and yeah, no controller!
So I can move the Redarc to that and put the Mopar one in my truck.
We'll be set with two tow vehicles then.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
They didn't list a firm ship date though... Wonder when people will actually get them. Regardless I am happy I went with the Redarc at this point unless this comes with some awesome integrated features which this PR doesn't seem to indicate.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They didn't list a firm ship date though... Wonder when people will actually get them. Regardless I am happy I went with the Redarc at this point unless this comes with some awesome integrated features which this PR doesn't seem to indicate.
I know others installed the Redarc long before, months before, I did so I'm joining an already large chorus - but the Redarc setup does work very well, is simple to install, the interface knob can be installed any place there's room for the small control, and it just plain works. It learned very well on my truck, was easily adjusted and I could feel the trailer braking change as I turned the knob and then hit the brakes again. It also seemed "semi-smart" in how it acted when I was stopped.

So I can't see people "making a mistake" choosing either of the Redarc models, or the Curt systems or this Mopar part - as long as the Mopar controller is at least as good as the Redarc and Curt systems, then it's down to personal choice, appearance in the truck, etc.
This is a lot more expensive - the basic Redarc system being under 140, Curt, I'm unsure, and the Redarc pro system being only a bit over 200 - it may come down to $$ for some.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Sure it can - you can put that outlet anywhere there's space - the wiring has some length and will almost reach to the glove box, so you should be able to mount it anywhere in the center area - as long as you can make a hole that size.
Thanks. I haven't taken this section apart, so I didn't realize it has extra length. That's great to know.

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Now the REAL question - what does THIS one do that REDARC's controller cannot or does not do?

So it integrates into the instrument panel - uh, so does the Redarc controller.
It controls your trailer brakes independent of the truck brakes - uh, so does Redarc.
So, what's the difference and why is it better, in that Redarc also has a warranty?
Does it also trigger the trailer brake lights if you manually operate the controller, unlike any other controller?

Nice that it's genuine MOPAR part number, dealer can install, you can order it with the truck, etc. - but tell me please what's different?

I had always planned on getting the Mopar version, but at the time I was assuming it was somehow better, more options, etc.

The description on the web site moparonlineparts reads a whole lot like the Redarc controller.
The biggest thing is it is a clean integrated install. I really don't like my Teknosha P3 hanging down under the dash and if I am going to buy another brake controller it will be the OEM.

When poking around the BCM with AlfaOBD I was able to add the trailer brake screens to the setup menu. Can't do anything on them because the trailer brake does not exist but I can see them. My guess is they will integrate the way RAM does. You have slots for 4 trailers and can configure the settings for each of those trailers.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I see why people want to have a factory option but what is the big deal with the Mopar one? I have a Reese Powertow that I had in my JKU and now in the JT. It connected with an adaptor into the factory connection. It works as a proportional brake controller should and I have had zero issues with it. Does it look factory? No but it looks like a brake controller and functions great and all for about $50. Plus as I said I can move it between vehicles if need be.

I guess I am not seeing why there is such a fuss over a Mopar one when there are so many options out there that work the same.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
I get it - makes sense.
And I will likely eventually get one of these, too - I figured the Redarc one I installed can always go to our new GC as it's got a 6200 pound tow capacity - and yeah, no controller!
So I can move the Redarc to that and put the Mopar one in my truck.
We'll be set with two tow vehicles then.
Have the Redarc installed in the wife's '18 GC. Love using it except when I get in after hooking up the camper and hit the brakes the first time and see that she mistakenly turned the dial on me lol.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have the Redarc installed in the wife's '18 GC. Love using it except when I get in after hooking up the camper and hit the brakes the first time and see that she mistakenly turned the dial on me lol.
I hear ya. I got in the other day and saw the dial turned up almost to max. I all but accused my wife - then realized, she never sits on that side or even opened the driver door.
Then I realized - I hang my face masks over the t-case shifter (otherwise stuff blows out with the constant winds here) and in the process, _I_ bump the dial with my knuckles. Whew, dodged a bullet there......

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I know others installed the Redarc long before, months before, I did so I'm joining an already large chorus - but the Redarc setup does work very well, is simple to install, the interface knob can be installed any place there's room for the small control, and it just plain works. It learned very well on my truck, was easily adjusted and I could feel the trailer braking change as I turned the knob and then hit the brakes again. It also seemed "semi-smart" in how it acted when I was stopped.

So I can't see people "making a mistake" choosing either of the Redarc models, or the Curt systems or this Mopar part - as long as the Mopar controller is at least as good as the Redarc and Curt systems, then it's down to personal choice, appearance in the truck, etc.
This is a lot more expensive - the basic Redarc system being under 140, Curt, I'm unsure, and the Redarc pro system being only a bit over 200 - it may come down to $$ for some.
So true. I still have my 12volt and the super small dial for the redarc in an alternate location actually works better for me overall.

I think the only mistake somebody could make is using an old school style knee-buster. Screw those things, lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest thing is it is a clean integrated install. I really don't like my Teknosha P3 hanging down under the dash and if I am going to buy another brake controller it will be the OEM.

When poking around the BCM with AlfaOBD I was able to add the trailer brake screens to the setup menu. Can't do anything on them because the trailer brake does not exist but I can see them. My guess is they will integrate the way RAM does. You have slots for 4 trailers and can configure the settings for each of those trailers.
You'd require a software update i'd bet.......... I found no place for anything about brake controllers in any of the stuff I snooped around in.
We can speculate, but funny thing is that nothing in the marketing materials suggest integration.
I'd LOVE it if it did - don't get me wrong there, I'd love to see that, but until I see it - it's vaporware, guessing.
If it was going to be like the Ram - why did it take so long? Port the existing Ram controller.......

I didn't go Teknosha as I hate those boxes and big controllers screwed to the dash somewhere. I want just the interface, not the whole thing, where I can see it. I had the Teknosha on two of my trucks in recent history, good controllers (but the one in the Chevy actually acted like it rusted inside and got really hard to move the lever).