Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
That is looking real nice! Motor looks good sitting in there. Suspension looks good to.

Rubiland916

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
truck driver
I have a 2020 JT Rubicon running a 2" Mopar lift and 37" tires. I am a long time Jeep owner (5 builds) and have always ALWAYS wanted to do a Hemi Conversion. On my JT I strongly considered it but then decided to go with a less expensive alternitive and supercharged. I honestly thought I would love it but quickly found why it was a 3rd of the price and absolutley hated it. I can't say enough about the supercharger company and they were honest to god good people. The supercharger option no matter the manufacturer just isn't for me. It was soooo far off a stock feeling drive, the power wasn't were I needed or wanted it, it was awful for hauling, etc etc etc.

Anyways to the exciting part. After being disappointed, I called and started researching compaies with the best reputation for Hemi converstions. I spoke with several companies and from everthing I could find AMW4x4 is the absolute best in the business for so many reasons. Anyways, fast forward a month or so and my JT is currently in Holly MI at AMW4x4 getting its Hemi conversion as well as a handfull of other parts and upgrades. I plan to keep updating as the build goes and a review once I drive it home.

I decided to go with the 5.7 over the 6.4 on this build. I have owned 10+ 5.7's and currently own a 6.4 SRT. I decided on the 5.7 for several reasons:

Fuel -The supercharger required premium fuel. I didn't think it would bother me a bit but after a few fill ups.....it really did piss me off a bit that I had to run premium and the performance wasn't much better.
Economy - I like driving my JT alot......the 5.7 offers 415 hrspwr and 400+ in torque. I will see better fuel economy and just all out be happier with the 5.7. Seriously....I don't need my lifted truck to be a sports car. Many people don't agree with me on this.....but I have a 6.4 for when I want to drive it.

During its time at AMW 4x4 it will be getting a complete new powertrain amongst some other goodies - engine, transmission, full exhaust, drive shafts, differntials (5.13s), updating the lift to a AMW custom long arm 3" lift specifically for the Hemi build, fenders, fender liners, and some other small hardware and badging.

Here are two "before snaps" and a few snaps of the work in progress. I will try to keep pictures and updates pretty regularly. Feel free to reach out with questions or comments!

Also - I have a stock 2" Mopar lift in mint condition (6k miles on it) for sale. This will come with the front adjustable track bar (Teraflex) and an adjustable rear track bar (Evo).

View attachment 125599

Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion IMG_3065

Following. Thanks.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Still getting driveshafts? Your cold air intake is in the right spot , for when you put the 392 hood and cold air system on. Looking great!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Still getting driveshafts? Your cold air intake is in the right spot , for when you put the 392 hood and cold air system on. Looking great!
the hood conversion is rather involved for ruby vs mojave. It would be very cool though. the only thing I don't like about the AMW conversion kit for the 6.4L is the race style open air filter. It does not look Jeep and with the location it is not snorkel compatible.....

Screenshot_20210112-073203__01__01.jpg

customized-64l-gladiator-jeep-jt-wrangler-jl-rubicon-hemi-engine-conversion-srt_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Yea, you can't do the conversion without upgrading your driveshafts.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
the hood conversion is rather involved for ruby vs mojave. It would be very cool though. the only thing I don't like about the AMW conversion kit for the 6.4L is the race style open air filter. It does not look Jeep and with the location it is not snorkel compatible.....

Screenshot_20210112-073203__01__01.jpg

customized-64l-gladiator-jeep-jt-wrangler-jl-rubicon-hemi-engine-conversion-srt_1.jpg
I think thats the point though, right? When you open your hood and there is a Hemi sitting there.....it's not meant to look "Jeep". I wouldn't snorkel this, it would be to restrictive.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
You do need to check out the videos of the 392 hood it is the Mojave hood, and cowls, with a fully functional hood scoop going through a special Hydro system to keep any water out of filter and then goes to the location of your CAI and is gasketed, I;ve onlyseen pictures of it in the release, and the description of the hydro system.
Rather involved coming from a guy pulling off this project, I'll get Benny from Allmoparparts to ship the stuff out, I'll fly out and we'll do it in half a day!
Just check it out, your air cleaner is the only thing not looking factory.
Not beating on ya, and loving the way you are letting us follow along....Jack

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
You do need to check out the videos of the 392 hood it is the Mojave hood, and cowls, with a fully functional hood scoop going through a special Hydro system to keep any water out of filter and then goes to the location of your CAI and is gasketed, I;ve onlyseen pictures of it in the release, and the description of the hydro system.
Rather involved coming from a guy pulling off this project, I'll get Benny from Allmoparparts to ship the stuff out, I'll fly out and we'll do it in half a day!
Just check it out, your air cleaner is the only thing not looking factory.
Not beating on ya, and loving the way you are letting us follow along....Jack
I appreciate it! Something like that I would have to pass by AMW and get their feedback on.

I am probably at the top side of my budget for this stage of the build right now. The next stage is likely going to be 8 lug U60s to support the 40's if I don't work that in this go.

I am trying to pull it together while its there but its going to be a stretch with the timeline and cash I have tied up in it right now.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Hydro -Glide sounds like a sixties transmission not an air system. Axles are more important I think but here are a couple pictures just to tease, you can see the factory air box with large gasketed hole tying into hood system, and the 392 hood is all Mojave.
D21A916D-74B9-46E0-8F4B-A834ECEB5866.jpeg
E379D229-67FC-49E6-A5D0-9306AC1C8E6A.jpeg

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Hydro -Glide sounds like a sixties transmission not an air system. Axles are more important I think but here are a couple pictures just to tease, you can see the factory air box with large gasketed hole tying into hood system, and the 392 hood is all Mojave.
Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion E379D229-67FC-49E6-A5D0-9306AC1C8E6A
Jeep Gladiator My 5.7L Hemi Gladiator Conversion E379D229-67FC-49E6-A5D0-9306AC1C8E6A
Thanks! I honestly can't decide if I even like the Mojave style hood personally. This is likely something I wouldn't personally pursue. It's radical for sure though!

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Hey everyone, its official....going with the U60s and 40s.

If anyone knows someone I am selling my 37" Ridge Grapplers mounted on 18" Black Rhino Wheels. Tires are full tread - still have nipples.

Also selling my Dana 44s (4.10s) with Wilwood disc brakes on front and rear ($4500 add on).

Please PM me if your interested or know of anyone. Will consider shipping.