Sponsored

New Clayton 2.5" Kit!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse the garage... I am itching to have a lift party at my place soon.

IMG_4065.jpeg

Awww the memories... I still have most of those same box's in a big ol pile in my garage.. Mine are empty though..

You will love the lift with the Fox shocks. Its been fantastic to me thus far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Well I started with the basic kit and am expanding it. Got the rear arms and brake lines on order. Will loop back to the last set of front arms soon when I can plan a trip to the alignment shop. Hectic now.

T8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Awww the memories... I still have most of those same box's in a big ol pile in my garage.. Mine are empty though..

You will love the lift with the Fox shocks. Its been fantastic to me thus far.
Oh yes... My wife hates that I keep boxes for EVERYTHING.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yes... My wife hates that I keep boxes for EVERYTHING.
I had to make friends with my UPS guy.. And I can barely walk around my garage now because of all the old box's I need to break down & take to the dump as well as extra tires.

Reactions: T8T

Sponsored

T8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Looks like Christmas morning! :)
Yes Christmas in September...
I went to install my wheel spacers on Sunday and pulled out my torque to find that it only goes to 80ft\lbs... So given that we are a 2 jeep family now, time to buys better one so I can have my lift party.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
So the Clayton Offroad 2.5" Overland Plus kit is tits! The fit and finish is fantastic. My shop installed it and it was their first one. Owner commented that the kit was very well designed, included everything and was an easy install for such a detailed kit. His only criticism was the length of the rear sway bar connectors. I agree they are long but to work with the factory swaybar they have to be. He commented that he would suggest removing the swaybar altogether unless I planned on a lot of overlanding. Meh, for now I am fine with it and will leave it installed. If I ever feel the rear swaybar is a limiting factor its like a half dozen bolts and its gone. The jeep rides actually better than stock. Part of it is no doubt 10" of side wall on the 37" Ridge Grapplers but the COR springs and Falcon shocks really smooth out the ride. The highway expansion joints were noticably less jarring. Even my wife commented on how nicely it rode, and she had her mind set on it would ride like crap from the moment I told her I was having it lifted! She was pleasantly surprised.
With the 2.5" kit and my 37x12.50x17 ridge grapplers on 9.5" wheels my overall height is 78.5" at the highest point on my hard top. The height on the front fenders (center of the wheel) went from 35.625" to 42.375" an increase of 6.75". The rear fender (center of the wheel) went from 37.75" to 43. 875", an increase of 6.125". So the lift took out 5/8" of rake, just as Clayton advertised, and makes the Jeep look better without reducing payload of towing capacity. The 2.5" advertised lift on my Sport Max Tow netted 4.06" on the front and 3.43" on the rear. Its a good thing I stayed with the 2.5" kit, as I also considered the 3.5" kit, but after speaking with the guys at Clayton Offroad and hearing their assurance that their kit was a legit 2.5"+ and not going to fall short like many do when installed, I trusted their word and expertise and now I can still fit my JT thru my standard height garage door. Overall I could not be happier. My JT looks fantastic and gets a lot of attention rolling down the road. I need to get it offroad but am confident it will perform just as well there too. I have no affiliation with Clayton, paid full price for the kit and give them my strongest recommendation.

@Clayton Off Road

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow - traded, 2021 JT Rubicon
So the Clayton Offroad 2.5" Overland Plus kit is tits! The fit and finish is fantastic. My shop installed it and it was their first one. Owner commented that the kit was very well designed, included everything and was an easy install for such a detailed kit. His only criticism was the length of the rear sway bar connectors. I agree they are long but to work with the factory swaybar they have to be. He commented that he would suggest removing the swaybar altogether unless I planned on a lot of overlanding. Meh, for now I am fine with it and will leave it installed. If I ever feel the rear swaybar is a limiting factor its like a half dozen bolts and its gone. The jeep rides actually better than stock. Part of it is no doubt 10" of side wall on the 37" Ridge Grapplers but the COR springs and Falcon shocks really smooth out the ride. The highway expansion joints were noticably less jarring. Even my wife commented on how nicely it rode, and she had her mind set on it would ride like crap from the moment I told her I was having it lifted! She was pleasantly surprised.
With the 2.5" kit and my 37x12.50x17 ridge grapplers on 9.5" wheels my overall height is 78.5" at the highest point on my hard top. The height on the front fenders (center of the wheel) went from 35.625" to 42.375" an increase of 6.75". The rear fender (center of the wheel) went from 37.75" to 43. 875", an increase of 6.125". So the lift took out 5/8" of rake, just as Clayton advertised, and makes the Jeep look better without reducing payload of towing capacity. The 2.5" advertised lift on my Sport Max Tow netted 4.06" on the front and 3.43" on the rear. Its a good thing I stayed with the 2.5" kit, as I also considered the 3.5" kit, but after speaking with the guys at Clayton Offroad and hearing their assurance that their kit was a legit 2.5"+ and not going to fall short like many do when installed, I trusted their word and expertise and now I can still fit my JT thru my standard height garage door. Overall I could not be happier. My JT looks fantastic and gets a lot of attention rolling down the road. I need to get it offroad but am confident it will perform just as well there too. I have no affiliation with Clayton, paid full price for the kit and give them my strongest recommendation.

@Clayton Off Road
Nice, Which Falcon shocks did you actually get?

Sponsored

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, are they set to Soft/Cold or Performance?
I have been thinking about these or the next sep up but that's almost double the cost for piggy backs and I'm not sure if they are worth cost of admission. I thought about running them in soft/cold mode most of the time for the best ride possible ad I hear Falcons are pretty stiff...but now I'm all confused after your positive comments lol

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Wow, are they set to Soft/Cold or Performance?
I have been thinking about these or the next sep up but that's almost double the cost for piggy backs and I'm not sure if they are worth cost of admission. I thought about running them in soft/cold mode most of the time for the best ride possible ad I hear Falcons are pretty stiff...but now I'm all confused after your positive comments lol
They are firmer than the similar series Fox. I knew that going in. Its a truck and rides like one but the tires and lift make the ride very reasonable and liveable. Not sure what your comparing them to cost wise but I paid like $800 less $15% for a Labor Day sale. Very reasonable. I would have loved to get remote or piggyback reservoirs but I simply could not justify dropping $1500-$2000 on a set of shocks.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
78.5 with 37s? Hmm. I could do 3" and 37s then as I have 80.5 on the garage. I could remove a 1x4 if need be.

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are firmer than the similar series Fox. I knew that going in. Its a truck and rides like one but the tires and lift make the ride very reasonable and liveable. Not sure what your comparing them to cost wise but I paid like $800 less $15% for a Labor Day sale. Very reasonable. I would have loved to get remote or piggyback reservoirs but I simply could not justify dropping $1500-$2000 on a set of shocks.
Falcon 3.1s are $1300
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/5e0a24dead0f20007c1ce42e?sku=14-02-31-400-150

I was comparing them because they are the entry level piggy packs
Sponsored