Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Well this should make several people happy. Though It should not have taken so long to Issue a correction.
Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I called my dealer (so-cal), and it was news to them. I was the first caller apparently. They mentioned it was pretty "cut and dry", in that it doesn't call for a build date inspection. Service Manager said he would check on parts and get back to me.

This looks like a pretty big one, boys. Sadly it'll ring the "don't buy a first year vehicle" bell, but I'm glad they are addressing it. Especially because I have big tires, I want the strongest steering box they have.

Currently i'm fine with the steering, but it definitely wanders to the right consistently. I assumed it just followed the crown of the road aggressively, but per this TSB that might not be something I have to live with.

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Will this make the Synergy brace obsolete for the vast majority of drivers out there?

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Will this make the Synergy brace obsolete for the vast majority of drivers out there?
I'll still be keeping mine on there. supporting that sector shaft is not a bad idea. Necessary? maybe not...but i've seen them break. Plus the trac-bar reinforcement can't hurt either.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Currently i'm fine with the steering, but it definitely wanders to the right consistently. I assumed it just followed the crown of the road aggressively, but per this TSB that might not be something I have to live with.
I'm hoping my vehicle gets fixed under warranty. Mine follows the curve of the road, even if it is slight. On the right lane of the highway, it veers right, ALOT. In the left lane, it veers left, but not as bad.

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm hoping my vehicle gets fixed under warranty. Mine follows the curve of the road, even if it is slight. On the right lane of the highway, it veers right, ALOT. In the left lane, it veers left, but not as bad.
Same. With the crown of the road, mine definitely pulls harder right than left

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I'm scheduled to have the Synergy brace installed next Wednesday. Now what?? I guess if it helps then I'll just leave it. If it doesn't then I'll consider the new steering box update.

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Curious if the dealers will complain about synergy braces since they secure the steering box
I'm pulling mine before service - not even going to risk it - stabilizer and trackbar too as I've been called on all of it already. Service manager said he is going to try and plug it in and order the parts - first they had seen it.

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm scheduled to have the Synergy brace installed next Wednesday. Now what?? I guess if it helps then I'll just leave it. If it doesn't then I'll consider the new steering box update.
Brace will not fix a dead spot issue - it did help a bit with tracking straight. If I were in your shoes I would let the TSB play out and then add the brace afterwards. I was called out specifically on the brace while in for service for steering issue.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is the steering box..and those are some very new part numbers....
So, is it really a new part number? We can hope it’s not the previous game where it was a guess for each steering box...

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

This is scary to let dealetship handle this. When I had my JL and they came out with the tsb for the stock stabilizer ....members on the JL forum were reporting them getting put on wrong. I think I'll wait until they start doing it enough to know what they are doing.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
So, is it really a new part number? We can hope it’s not the previous game where it was a guess for each steering box...
Yes, that's a new number. Also my dealer said he wouldn't expect to be able to get his hands on one until Oct/Nov timeframe....

The good news is....hopefully this is a final fix.

And yes. I'll be keeping the synergy brace along with the fix.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Hell ya, saving this thread! I may wait on mine a bit as the steering is acceptable right now, no large dead spot but definite wandering and having to correct if there's ANY deviation in the road. I'm still not really comfortable driving on really windy days because I'll still go everywhere.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Well I do know the first thing I’m doing when my 2021 Mojave comes in Sept/Oct. is climb under and see if steering box us steel or aluminum. Bulletin does’nt mention 2021.....Jack

human29

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n
Anyone know a dealer in Maryland that will do this on a modified jeep. All the dealers near me said they will not service due to my Rock Krawler lift?
Sponsored