Sponsored

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Get them to confirm that they have the right part number for the Gladiator. :)
Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So finally the dealership call and tells me the parts came in for the steering box. They said it will be about a 4 hr job and I'll need to drop it off. They also said that they never did one on the gladiator yet. I have a scared feeling in my stomach now. It shouldn't be a big deal right?:crying:
Since it's their first maybe they will be more careful and ensure it's done correctly and actually follow the step by step process they are supposed to do. Your good bro, I have a great feeling about this! But then again, it's not my Jeep that I'm taking to a dealership that has NEVER replace it yet. Yeah, your good.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Since it's their first maybe they will be more careful and ensure it's done correctly and actually follow the step by step process they are supposed to do. Your good bro, I have a great feeling about this! But then again, it's not my Jeep that I'm taking to a dealership that has NEVER replace it yet. Yeah, your good.
Gee I hope your right...worse comes to worse I'll have to fix it myself. I'll check the part numbers and express my concerns before they start and hopefully all goes well.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
So finally the dealership call and tells me the parts came in for the steering box. They said it will be about a 4 hr job and I'll need to drop it off. They also said that they never did one on the gladiator yet. I have a scared feeling in my stomach now. It shouldn't be a big deal right?:crying:
Hard to imagine a Jeep dealership in America who hasn’t done one by now considering how widespread the issue is. It’s not rocket science but I’m not sure I would want to pop their cherry.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Hard to imagine a Jeep dealership in America who hasn’t done one by now considering how widespread the issue is. It’s not rocket science but I’m not sure I would want to pop their cherry.
Probably did many on Wranglers ... can't be that different.

Sponsored

John D. Upton

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, Willys
Occupation
Retired
Had my 2021 Rubicon since April 28, pulled left and wandered bad. The dealer took it to an alignment shop today, tweaked it a bit and said it was good. It was better but still does not track as I think it should. I have driven 4x4 since 1971, never had wandering problem like this. I am going to take it to a fellow local that I think understands better than the dealer. Only have 600 miles on it. 🤔

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
This company (FCA) are all unethical criminals. They know they are still producing garbage steering boxes, but they dont give one sh!t because it will affect their bottom dollar to actually fix the horrendous manufacturing process.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
ok.. I am gonna reply .. I have seen many posts about new steering boxes replaced that then need to be replaced yet again.
I will say that perhaps my steering box is one of the few._aluminum. jeep build June 2019. Now have 16,900 miles. Steering is tight. No wander, no deadspot. Hands free for a few seconds at 70 plus bo worries. I wonder how many aluminum boxes are good for the long haul.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
ok.. I am gonna reply .. I have seen many posts about new steering boxes replaced that then need to be replaced yet again.
I will say that perhaps my steering box is one of the few._aluminum. jeep build June 2019. Now have 16,900 miles. Steering is tight. No wander, no deadspot. Hands free for a few seconds at 70 plus bo worries. I wonder how many aluminum boxes are good for the long haul.
I would think Jeep and/or their vendor who makes the steering boxes would know what the expected defect rate is.

The bigger problem is that many who are first time buyers with no point of reference would even know what they have and accept it as "normal".

IMHO, it is not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" a problem would arise for these aluminum box. I would advise any owner before they get out of warranty to get it replaced under warranty with the improved steel steering box. Since the whole TSB is reliant on the customer making the claim, it is a no brainer in my opinion to get it done.

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
My 2021 Mojave has a pull to the right, so much so, that I have constant hold to the left. Steering wheel is slightly off to the left. Only has 2800 miles. Thought the pull was maybe because of the the steering stabilizer? This is my first Jeep and first solid axle truck. Guess I should take it in and have them look at it?

John D. Upton

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, Willys
Occupation
Retired
My 2021 Mojave has a pull to the right, so much so, that I have constant hold to the left. Steering wheel is slightly off to the left. Only has 2800 miles. Thought the pull was maybe because of the the steering stabilizer? This is my first Jeep and first solid axle truck. Guess I should take it in and have them look at it?
600 miles on mine and already carried it back for an alignment. It pulled to the left and wandered bad. Now it tracks fairly straight. I also took the advice of a fellow on here and let the pressure in the tires down to 35 which also helped.

John D. Upton

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, Willys
Occupation
Retired
600 miles on mine and already carried it back for an alignment. It pulled to the left and wandered bad. Now it tracks fairly straight. I also took the advice of a fellow on here and let the pressure in the tires down to 35 which also helped.
Forgot mine is a Rubicon 2021

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I would think Jeep and/or their vendor who makes the steering boxes would know what the expected defect rate is.

The bigger problem is that many who are first time buyers with no point of reference would even know what they have and accept it as "normal".
I

IMHO, it is not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" a problem would arise for these aluminum box. I would advise any owner before they get out of warranty to get it replaced under warranty with the improved steel steering box. Since the whole TSB is reliant on the customer making the claim, it is a no brainer in my opinion to get it done.
I am concerned that a number of folks have done just that and it has not helped.. my thinking: if it aint broke dont fix it.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am concerned that a number of folks have done just that and it has not helped.. my thinking: if it aint broke dont fix it.
It's your prerogative to weigh the risk/reward for your Gladiator and do what you see fit.
Sponsored