Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I believe the jl box has a different gear ratio. Check the part # on the sticker that’s on the box. I bet u got one of those.
Do you know what the jl part number is by chance?
Sponsored

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Mine was replaced with 68507576AB
You have too much faith in the accuracy of the paperwork from the employees (service dept) of the most corrupt vehicle manufacturer currently. IMO.
Go check the actual sticker on the box. Not to mention its just a sticker-easily changed. Lol

Reactions: Len

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
A
You have too much faith in the accuracy of the paperwork from the employees (service dept) of the most corrupt vehicle manufacturer currently. IMO.
Go check the actual sticker on the box. Not to mention its just a sticker-easily changed. Lol
Actually, the funny thing is that the paperwork actually had the AA part number from the first TSB but the actual part has the new part number AB. But yes, like you I'm a skeptic and have my doubts as well. As long as my steering has improved then I really don't care. If it turn to shit, then I'll bring that bitch back in. 🤣

Sponsored

alM

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
2020 JT took Delivery in Oct 2019. Sport S, Max Tow, upgraded initially to Rubicon spec 33’s. A year later Mopar 2 in Lift. Then 35s. I had alway attributed the wander in the sterring to just being a jeep and then my upgrades. I have a good relationship with my dealership in Poughkeepsie NY and my Service Manager relocated to another same owner Property in Newburgh. I Mentioned the TSB. He had a look and ordered the parts. Did the steering box replacement. As soon as I got on the road I noticed a difference. And then at highway speeds it was a significant improvement. Reduced play in the wheel. More direct steering input. Trailered a loaded landscape trailer about two hours later that afternoon and compared to other towing trips., it was night and day. Very happy I pursued the fix. I was not expecting to notice anything. As sometimes I think I read and worry about other peoples problems to much and over react. However this made my Gladiator a better vehicle.

novdelta

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I decided to call my local dealer and mention this issue as well. They said they will take a look and see if the tech can replicate what I’m feeling. Bit my tongue and said OK and scheduled for next Wednesday. Would be happy to have better feeling steering.

cozycowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just thought I'd let you guys here know since I don't know where else to post this, but I have a 2020 north ed./overland and was infrequently getting the death wobble about a year after purchasing, finally took it in and got steering gear box and track bar replaced, (pic of service receipt shows PN's) it has been less than a month and is already doing it again and way more frequently now and fragile/sensitive to even smaller bumps than before. I will say immediately after it was 'fixed' it was super tight, responsive and substantially solid feeling. Now we're back to square one with the loose wheel, death wobble being triggered anywhere in the range of 50-70 mph, and will not quit ( I have it on video multiple times) until slow down and get below 50 or 45mph on the freeway. I seriously want to get rid of this thing, even if it can be modded to 'fix' the issue, this shouldn't be happening on a new vehicle and I'm tired of it already. Is there anything I can do with the lemon law/ a possible recall? I'm a little more than halfway into paying it off completely but don't care, I hate driving this thing now. Thanks for any insight anyone can offer.

tempImageMo3dPH.png

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just thought I'd let you guys here know since I don't know where else to post this, but I have a 2020 north ed./overland and was infrequently getting the death wobble about a year after purchasing, finally took it in and got steering gear box and track bar replaced, (pic of service receipt shows PN's) it has been less than a month and is already doing it again and way more frequently now and fragile/sensitive to even smaller bumps than before. I will say immediately after it was 'fixed' it was super tight, responsive and substantially solid feeling. Now we're back to square one with the loose wheel, death wobble being triggered anywhere in the range of 50-70 mph, and will not quit ( I have it on video multiple times) until slow down and get below 50 or 45mph on the freeway. I seriously want to get rid of this thing, even if it can be modded to 'fix' the issue, this shouldn't be happening on a new vehicle and I'm tired of it already. Is there anything I can do with the lemon law/ a possible recall? I'm a little more than halfway into paying it off completely but don't care, I hate driving this thing now. Thanks for any insight anyone can offer.

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") tempImageMo3dPH
Get your u-joints inspected. Sounds like something more than just steering issues.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") tempImageMo3dPH
Lemon laws vary by state. You'll need to Google what applies in your case.

Sponsored

N6WT

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Well, here I go. I have noticed the wandering since I purchased the vehicle, Dec 2019. The other day I let my wife drive MY JT. She came back saying she almost could not drive it and she had almost driven off the road a couple of times. My JT Rubi is completely stock.
I have made an appointment with the dealer where I bought the truck. I don't think I will mention the TSB.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Get your u-joints inspected. Sounds like something more than just steering issues.
You know its very odd some vehicles have this and others do not even have hint of it. I would have them check the steering knuckle pivot joints for looseness. Normally you never expect those to be a problem on a new jeep but its a common issue with old high millage jeeps.

Reactions: Len

novdelta

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I decided to call my local dealer and mention this issue as well. They said they will take a look and see if the tech can replicate what I’m feeling. Bit my tongue and said OK and scheduled for next Wednesday. Would be happy to have better feeling steering.
I was ultimately denied the fix. They told me the Tech with 35+ years of experience couldn’t duplicate the wandering. They said “we’re not saying that it’s not happening but couldn’t duplicate it so it’s not enough evidence to provide for the work to be covered and I know you don’t want to pay out of pocket.” They then proceeded to say that at least it’s documented at this mileage. I told them I’d call back and complain about the wandering in a week or so…. I’m baffled.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Programer
I was ultimately denied the fix. They told me the Tech with 35+ years of experience couldn’t duplicate the wandering. They said “we’re not saying that it’s not happening but couldn’t duplicate it so it’s not enough evidence to provide for the work to be covered and I know you don’t want to pay out of pocket.” They then proceeded to say that at least it’s documented at this mileage. I told them I’d call back and complain about the wandering in a week or so…. I’m baffled.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Programer
I wonder what reference point is used as a steering comparison. The dealer knows the JT will never steer like an F150 which is optimized for road use and maybe assumes everyone else knows that.
When I took delivery of my JT it has aggressive MT tires and they were a bit of a bear on the highway. I swapped those for AT3 and it transformed it.
Sponsored