First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
Been following these guys on the interwebs for a while and they claim to be putting out a system for upgrading the JL/JT sound. Supposed to be superb, all the while maintaining factory look. Any insight on this? They are not new to the market, lots of good reviews from Toyota owners. I'm pleased with the 8.4 nav system in my JT but with summer fast approaching, I feel the the set up is weak when doorless, topless, etc.
Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus OEM+SubLogo-2Tone2-300x120
Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 1.15.07 PM
Jeep Gladiator OEM Audio Plus JT_Speaker
Sponsored

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler , Civic
Occupation
ATC
I looked at the price for a Tacoma double cab and it looks like $2,700 or so. Thatā€™s more than the full package that includes the alpine system lol.

Is the system that superior to the alpine to justify the price?

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I have the ā€upgradedā€ alpine package and its garbage. The onlt difference between the standard and the alpine premium is the addiction of an amplifier and a subwoofer. I ripped out all the speakers (dash, foot well, sound bar) and replaced them with actual good alpine speakers. Left the amp and subwoofer in. Serious night and day difference. Of all my mods itā€™s probably the best money spent and easily most dramatic. Would be curious what this oemaudio puts out though As upgrading the sound bar speakers and kick speakers was a huge pain in the ass.

OP
OP
outcastjt

outcastjt

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
I looked at the price for a Tacoma double cab and it looks like $2,700 or so. Thatā€™s more than the full package that includes the alpine system lol.

Is the system that superior to the alpine to justify the price?
When they had the price listed on the website, I'm pretty sure it was under 2 K. Been releasing this forever.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I have the ā€upgradedā€ alpine package and its garbage. The onlt difference between the standard and the alpine premium is the addiction of an amplifier and a subwoofer.
Didn't someone on this forum pull out speakers from both the standard and premium systems and show that the speakers were in fact different?

Sponsored

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Didn't someone on this forum pull out speakers from both the standard and premium systems and show that the speakers were in fact different?
yes that was me actually and no they are not at all. The stock and the premium are the same speakers. Got in a debate with several people about it as well. Others checked as well and it was confirmed that the speakers are the same between the alpine and the stock. Its just the amp and sub that are unique.

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
yes that was me actually and no they are not at all. The stock and the premium are the same speakers. Got in a debate with several people about it as well. Others checked as well and it was confirmed that the speakers are the same between the alpine and the stock. Its just the amp and sub that are unique.
got the links/models of the speakers?
want to replace mine, but want shit that fits --lol

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
The launch was to be released here recently, but has been pushed back, for whatever reason, not off to a good start for me.

I've been subbed to their email for a while now waiting on updates.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
They are pretty big in the Subaru world, too. Prices were always reasonable, and they do a great job. I had their setup in a 2015 WRX and it was worth every penny.

OP
OP
outcastjt

outcastjt

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
The launch was to be released here recently, but has been pushed back, for whatever reason, not off to a good start for me.

I've been subbed to their email for a while now waiting on updates.
Me too. Been trying to get some info on DS18 as well but no luck locally.

Sponsored

OP
OP
outcastjt

outcastjt

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
They are pretty big in the Subaru world, too. Prices were always reasonable, and they do a great job. I had their setup in a 2015 WRX and it was worth every penny.
It's what I'm hoping for.

scenic_smurf

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator (as soon as delivered)
Occupation
Hospitality
Been a visitor on the forum for months, but this is a subject I want some insight on.

This is something I have been considering after learning they were doing something for the JT. Really its the reputation I have researched that they have within the toyota community that peaked my interest. HOWEVER, have been wanting to see the installation on this before deciding.

Just found out they uploaded the install video. Stinking 25 min video šŸ˜±... looks involved, but systematic and thorough. For those interested:

I have never ventured into messing car audio. I am a music lover, like wrenching, but don't want to take on a project that I can't complete in a day. Any thoughts those familiar with a relatively similar disassembly on how long it might take?

vpkb1998

First Name
Vey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Employed
I placed an order for this system. You will have to fork out add'l approx $400 if have the Alpline subwoofer, for the non-sub back panel, and the non-sub storage tray.

6LJ60TX7AC Cab Back Trim Panel$255.851$255.85
6LJ64TX7AA Storage Bin$94.961$94.96

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Did you take any sort pictures or video when you changed the speakers? What were the sizes?

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This looks like a pre-order at $2700 for the JT. It looks involved to install. I'll wait for the reviews before considering this.
Sponsored