GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
I went to air down my tires to drive on the beach last weekend and I noticed that both valve stem caps on the passenger side tires were missing.

I was going to take the caps that were on my son's bicycle since they looked the same, but I wasn't sure if they would maintain my tires at 48psi. Does anyone know where I can get the OEM valve stem caps to match the drivers side tires?

/sarc
Sponsored

OP
OP
GHWillys

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
Ok, so just realized your thread was a joke. Well played, good sir.
I tried to stop reading that thread, but it just kept bringing me back in. Wanted to have a little fun since I won't be getting those minutes of my life back.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I went to air down my tires to drive on the beach last weekend and I noticed that both valve stem caps on the passenger side tires were missing.

I was going to take the caps that were on my son's bicycle since they looked the same, but I wasn't sure if they would maintain my tires at 48psi. Does anyone know where I can get the OEM valve stem caps to match the drivers side tires?

/sarc
Apparently you got the wrong oem caps as 48psi is too high… dealer should replace them with correct caps under warranty…
may require leaving truck overnight , or longer due to the global cap shortage.

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I actually came home from discount tires with 4 different caps after getting new tires mounted. I might not have noticed, but one was not tpms and there was a band of brass showing. Haha

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I actually came home from discount tires with 4 different caps after getting new tires mounted. I might not have noticed, but one was not tpms and there was a band of brass showing. Haha
Brass band is definitely not oem… should be string quartet..

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.

/sarc
I almost fell for it lol. Well done 🍻

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Brass band is definitely not oem… should be string quartet..
Well played sir! Although I prefer my quartets from the barbershop...

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think you are SOL. There is a shortage on passenger side valve caps with a 6-12 month lead time of stock returning.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Now just wait a second, this whole OEM valve stem cap thing isn't as ridiculous as it may seem ....

My wife's new CX-5 is arriving in September, so I was looking through the online Owners Manual and found this:
Jeep Gladiator OEM Tire Valve Stem Caps 1660132190558

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
OEM valve stem caps are only needed if you use OEM air. They're designed to match the stems designed to hold in that particular type of air. If you go with an aftermarket air fill, you're going to need different valve stems as well as valve stem caps to match the new air. They all need to match because science.

/s

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Ok....... if you use 100% nitrogen in the tires. You have 100% nitrogen caps. You can use those valve caps for the 78% nitrogen. But you can't use the 78% nitrogen caps on the 100% nitrogen air. Or bad things will happen.

Last edited: