First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Mortgage
So jealous! I was planning on test driving a Rubicon and the Mojave this weekend, and then ordering one of them in gecko green.

Really bummed out I missed the window.
There aren't many out there to test drive, good luck. Especially Mojaves. Mine is on order and the dealer got one in i wanted to drive again and check out and lasted an hour on their lot.
Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Has anyone used a Road Armor stealth front bumper on a Mojave? I'm trying to find a decent bumper that lets me utilize the factory skid plate without chopping up either piece.
I just looked up that bumper. That thing is MASSIVE! Shipping weight of 195lbs? WOOF! My personal opinion, that’s way too much weight to be adding to the front end of the Mojave. That’s going to compress your suspension dramatically.

I have the Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper on my Mojave. 65lbs + winch. Check out this thread about that specific bumper. I got the Mojave skid to work. Others chose to notch their skid.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ge-hd-full-width-front-bumper-feedback.47451/

My post is on page 3 of that thread.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
The site search is garbage but it doesn't look like it's been covered directly, does anyone know approximately how much weight is too much and going to noticeably affect the Mojave's suspension?

Yes, I know it's a loaded question. Someone will say 5# on either axle. Someone else will have added 200# up front and 600# in back and say it rides like stock.

As I asses front bumpers and bed racks, just trying to get close to ground truth on how much is too much.

Thanks.

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
The site search is garbage but it doesn't look like it's been covered directly, does anyone know approximately how much weight is too much and going to noticeably affect the Mojave's suspension?

Yes, I know it's a loaded question. Someone will say 5# on either axle. Someone else will have added 200# up front and 600# in back and say it rides like stock.

As I asses front bumpers and bed racks, just trying to get close to ground truth on how much is too much.

Thanks.
Are we talking stock? No mods? So many variables it makes the head spin. What I’ve seen from this forum is, calculate each mod and don’t forget to subtract parts removed. After that it’s safe to say stay under recommended by 10% and your safe so maybe 1050ish

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
Are we talking stock? No mods? So many variables it makes the head spin. What I’ve seen from this forum is, calculate each mod and don’t forget to subtract parts removed. After that it’s safe to say stay under recommended by 10% and your safe so maybe 1050ish
Let me clarify, because I feel there's a misunderstanding here.
I'm getting a stock Mojave delivered. I'm look at bumpers, racks, steps, etc. All of our mods weight can add up to a lot of weight over stock.
I'm curious for people's experience for what point in the weight adding did they notice the Mojave suspension stop acting like stock (tracking, soaking bumps, etc).

That 1050# you quoted is at or near max payload and is well past what I assume is a noticeable suspension change.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I can’t say I’m the expert here, but I’ve seen it thrown around a few times that according to “then engineers” the stock shocks should still be on their sweet zone with up to an inch of suspension sag. I can’t say how much weight that translates too though.

Sponsored

RYSlimVegas19

First Name
RY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘46 CJ2A (Harvest Tan); ‘12 JKUR (Bright Silver Metallic); ‘20 JTM (Gobi)
Occupation
USAF
UPDATE ... recently moved overseas, to a host nation where tires are prohibited from extending beyond the edge of the fender. Initially, and to pass inspection, I installed a set of EZ Flares XL (purchased via Amazon); i.e., trimable rubber strips attached via 3M-like tape. Looking for a more permanent solution, I reached out to Bill at Double Black Offroad (https://doubleblackoffroad.com) who had launched a Fender Extension Kit for OEM fit to the JT (high flare height; i.e., Rubicon & Mojave). A few lessons: kit comes sans paint but surface is easy to prep and takes paint extremely well; installation requires a poly rivet tool for installation (another Amazon purchase); ... aaannnddd shipment was delayed in customs for ~3 weeks until I could track it down and break it out with more $. Although expensive, the fit and look are factory (absolutely recommend) ... and DBOR's service was exceptional throughout! A few pics attached FYSA ... thx again Bill! - CHEERS -

image0.jpeg

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_9999.JPG

IMG_9998.JPG

Last edited:

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
UPDATE ... recently moved overseas, to a host nation where tires are prohibited from extending beyond the edge of the fender. Initially, and to pass inspection, I installed a set of EZ Flares XL (purchased via Amazon); i.e., trimable rubber strips attached via 3M-like tape. Looking for a more permanent solution, I reached out to Bill at Double Black Offroad (https://doubleblackoffroad.com) who had launched a Fender Extension Kit for OEM fit to the JT (high & standard flare height). A few lessons: kit comes sans paint but surface is easy to prep and takes paint extremely well; installation requires a poly rivet tool for installation (another Amazon purchase); ... aaannnddd shipment was delayed in customs for ~3 weeks until I could track it down and break it out with more $. Although expensive, the fit and look are factory (absolutely recommend) ... and DBOR's service was exceptional throughout! A few pics attached FYSA ... thx again Bill! - CHEERS -

View attachment 200961

View attachment 200962

View attachment 200963

View attachment 200964

View attachment 200965

View attachment 200966
I like how the width of the flares blends perfectly with the width of the RokBlokz splash guards. Nice!:like:

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
UPDATE ... recently moved overseas, to a host nation where tires are prohibited from extending beyond the edge of the fender. Initially, and to pass inspection, I installed a set of EZ Flares XL (purchased via Amazon); i.e., trimable rubber strips attached via 3M-like tape. Looking for a more permanent solution, I reached out to Bill at Double Black Offroad (https://doubleblackoffroad.com) who had launched a Fender Extension Kit for OEM fit to the JT (high & standard flare height). A few lessons: kit comes sans paint but surface is easy to prep and takes paint extremely well; installation requires a poly rivet tool for installation (another Amazon purchase); ... aaannnddd shipment was delayed in customs for ~3 weeks until I could track it down and break it out with more $. Although expensive, the fit and look are factory (absolutely recommend) ... and DBOR's service was exceptional throughout! A few pics attached FYSA ... thx again Bill! - CHEERS -

View attachment 200961

View attachment 200962

View attachment 200963

View attachment 200964

View attachment 200965

View attachment 200966
First of all, I appreciate that you work to serve our country and you are to be commended for that.
I also think the fender extensions are very nice looking and "Bill" must do some fine work. What I am curious about is that the country of which you speak, does not have an overall width problem, but just that the tires cannot extend past the fender. Seems odd to me if they have a road width issue or something like that. Do you know why they are against the extension past the fender?? Thanks

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
First of all, I appreciate that you work to serve our country and you are to be commended for that.
I also think the fender extensions are very nice looking and "Bill" must do some fine work. What I am curious about is that the country of which you speak, does not have an overall width problem, but just that the tires cannot extend past the fender. Seems odd to me if they have a road width issue or something like that. Do you know why they are against the extension past the fender?? Thanks
I know the state of Wisconsin does not allow tires to extend outside the fenders. Grew up there, in Texas now frequently see no fenders here. FYI

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Let me clarify, because I feel there's a misunderstanding here.
I'm getting a stock Mojave delivered. I'm look at bumpers, racks, steps, etc. All of our mods weight can add up to a lot of weight over stock.
I'm curious for people's experience for what point in the weight adding did they notice the Mojave suspension stop acting like stock (tracking, soaking bumps, etc).

That 1050# you quoted is at or near max payload and is well past what I assume is a noticeable suspension change.
I have added about 300 lbs total. Most of that over the rear wheels. 2 arb differential covers, air compressor, Fishbone 1/2 rack plus accessories, 20lb of skid plating, and some gear. Anymore weight than this and handling is compromised at high speed. Had to change out my front bumper due to a deer strike and went with Spartacus stubby. About the same weight as the stock bumper. At this point I’m done increasing weight. Lost about one mpg also with the changes.
Sponsored