***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I’m with you thinking about the soft top and unconvinced the steel bumper and winch are necessary given the Mojave mission.
I, too, am seriously debating the merits of a Mojave winch.

The current plan for my Mohave is to run it from Baja to Tuk....and I keep thinking with only one (1) use, the ROI of the winch is likely complete.

I like the Mopar Steel, only because it looks cool. Plenty of other stubbies out there, but I'm stuck on the Mopar.
Sponsored

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
Tell me this gets better..... I'm in the SF Bay Area (East Bay Hills) and it's mostly city traffic, a few miles on a freeway and up and down the hills to and from my house. The best I've seen is 15.1MPG with a 12 mile commute into the city.

I haven't had a chance to get out on a long drive yet to see how that goes.

IMG_20200921_152142.jpg
Mixed driving. Ave speed 35mph. Mojave with MT at 37 psi

B8E4D09C-A413-48A3-A822-B3E981611DD7.jpeg

agg13s

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I’m with you thinking about the soft top and unconvinced the steel bumper and winch are necessary given the Mojave mission.
I considered a hard top but wait is 8-9 weeks and I have a hunting trip planned in 4 so may just do soft and eventually go to a hard top. On the winch, I guess I could have gone with the rubicon based on the terrain here in New Mexico but this one had Almost everything I wanted

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
I, too, am seriously debating the merits of a Mojave winch.

The current plan for my Mohave is to run it from Baja to Tuk....and I keep thinking with only one (1) use, the ROI of the winch is likely complete.

I like the Mopar Steel, only because it looks cool. Plenty of other stubbies out there, but I'm stuck on the Mopar.
My first hesitation is the skid plate interferes with the Mopar steel bumper. I’m thinking FCA wants the Mojave to be used differently than the Rubicon.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves B8E4D09C-A413-48A3-A822-B3E981611DD7

About two weeks now since I got my ‘20 Gator. On the fence about a softtopper and steel bumper with a winch.
Man if I had a garage or safe place to park my Mojave I would have a soft top or no top at all. But living in the city without a garage big enough to house the beast, I'm stuck with the daily removal of the freedom panels.... Until winter of course. Then I'm imagining I'm going to love my hard top!

Quite a few years back I had a CJ with a soft top and jerks would slash the top for no reason. They could easily turn the lever handle and open the door.... Crooks are not gods smartest individuals.

Sponsored

Johnnyboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave 2020
How did you get the steel bumper to fit with the special Mojave skid plate?
The tech at the dealership did it by adding spacers on the front two holes closest to the bumper. He managed to get all of the bolts through without major mods. It turned out really good

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The tech at the dealership did it by adding spacers on the front two holes closest to the bumper. He managed to get all of the bolts through without major mods. It turned out really good
Can you add some detail around "spacers"? Maybe some pictures? Unfortunately, the techs at our dealership are not as resourceful as yours.

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
What a quick 11 weeks its been.
Finally........my 21 JTM has arrived and am taking delivery tomorrow afternoon.

Sponsored

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Can you add some detail around "spacers"? Maybe some pictures? Unfortunately, the techs at our dealership are not as resourceful as yours.
Yes please! I am installing mine this week and would like a better look at the “spacers” and how they are positioned. @Johnny boy

Johnnyboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave 2020
I asked the mopar guru at Chapman Dodge in Scottsdale, and he said the tech cut the spacers from an existing aluminum tube and found some longer bolts. Got it to work. Hard to tell anything has changed it looks factory. Trying to upload picture but having a hard time

77C50C8F-978E-4A8E-88E1-E76E74453513.jpeg

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is a very good video comparing the Mojave and Rubicon in terms of clearance.

It answers many questions and actually puts the Mojave in a more favorable light than many of us were thinking:

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
I asked the mopar guru at Chapman Dodge in Scottsdale, and he said the tech cut the spacers from an existing aluminum tube and found some longer bolts. Got it to work. Hard to tell anything has changed it looks factory. Trying to upload picture but having a hard time

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves 98202F56-2E34-48F6-8235-A3180B4A517D
Ahh! The hello's are so beautiful . Do mine look that beautiful? I'm sure with that bumper they would. lol
Sponsored