First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Is part of the answer that FCA wants the Mojave to be classed as a “high speed runner” in low, and locking axles in low defeats that purpose.

Maybe a typo here but Mojave does lock in low ... It does not lock in High ...

As far as it being a high speed desert runner, locking in high would not hurt that ... At least in my estimation ...

If I was running over sand and bumps I may want things locked to keep traction if one rear wheel looses traction over bumps etc ...

Now, Ive been around a good long time (Im old) so maybe a bit cynical ...

But this smells of either a marketing department OR, a legal department ....

I can see a marketing dept finding some reason to deprive us of this feature so they can sell some other combination of things in another trim level or something ... These companies take vehicles that are physically capable of dong something and the castrate them with software to "create" different products that they can charge for by just unlocking something with software ... Criminal if you ask me .. But imagine a "Super Mojave" or a "Mojave PLUS" ultra premium whiz bang desert runner ZION EDITION !!! Including the new HIGH SPEED locking differential option ... Wont we be happy !!!

Or

A legal department saying "We have done a risk study and have determined that by allowing locking of the diff at higher speeds it IMPLIES that we condone high speed driving off road and opens us up to .000001 more liability ... We cant release this groundbreaking feature to the drooling masses that cant be trusted ...

Now, I don't know if any of this is true and I'm having fun with this but I gotta ask myself, WHY castrate the truck if not for a good reason as defined by someone ... And for the life of me I cant see a good reason from our (consumers) perspective ... So, there must be another reason ...

And if ya gotta have it, get a TAZER and don't worry about it ....
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I don’t think it is the high speed runner, what is so wrong about rear lockers loocking in high, I would like ability to use it on beach sand and up hills on road in heavy snow. I’m planning on bringing it up at first oil change at dealer. My rear locker sensor is also bad but I bought the adaptor to make it work until I hear about improved sensors......Jack

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I don’t think it is the high speed runner, what is so wrong about rear lockers loocking in high, I would like ability to use it on beach sand and up hills on road in heavy snow. I’m planning on bringing it up at first oil change at dealer. My rear locker sensor is also bad but I bought the adaptor to make it work until I hear about improved sensors......Jack
Mojave is marketed as the high speed desert runner ... Yep ...

Bringing it up to the dealer wont help ... They can't do anything ... Its a software thing provided from the manufacturer... There is no "Code update" that will unlock that feature without corporate creating it ...

Or a TAZER to circumvent it ...

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
From another thread
(https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ifferential-in-4high.16964/page-4#post-584895),

here is the procedure to get a 2021 Mojave to activate the rear locker in 4H

I tried this at the dealer today. I was able to activate the rear locker in 4-Hi, in a 2021 Mojave, manufactured Sep 2020.

The procedure is shift transfer case to 4-Hi, press Off Road+ button, hold ESC Off button for 5 sec (it seems pressing it once disables traction control, holding it for 5 sec disables stability control), press Axle Locker Rear Only switch. The locker then shows as locked in the Off-Road Pages.

If you forget to hold the ESC Off button for 5 sec, you get a message in the cluster that you must be in 4-Lo to activate the locker.

Thanks to Jim at Normandin CDJR who really knows his 4WD systems.

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
HMMM ... And this is know to NOT WORK on a 2020 ? Anyone tried ?
Earlier in the linked thread (on page 2), somebody did try without success. Of course a software update may have changed things, but I have not seen success on a 2020 reported without a Tazer or something similar.

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
Earlier in the linked thread (on page 2), somebody did try without success. Of course a software update may have changed things, but I have not seen success on a 2020 reported without a Tazer or something similar.
I have 20 Mojave and it does lock in 4 wheel hi with a tazer.

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Exploring in southern Utah today with my Mojave, near the UT/NV border.
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves Mojave 11-8-20 1

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
John........No modifications. No rubbing.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
So, I have a different question.
Year long lurker here, but the Mojave is calling me! This forum has informed me and answered a lot of questions
I’m wondering about the “Cargo Management System w/Trail Rail System”
Seems like a pricey option for what it is. Is the aftermarket developing anything special to work with that system, or is it basically just adjustable hold downs?
I have yet to see it on any Gladiators I have looked at.
Thanking in advance for replies.
Sponsored