Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Looking forward to seeing the live reveal. What will be the main difference regarding sport and sport S? I understand Sport, Overland, Rubi. But throwing a Sport S in there makes me greatly curious.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTM
Looking forward to seeing the live reveal. What will be the main difference regarding sport and sport S? I understand Sport, Overland, Rubi. But throwing a Sport S in there makes me greatly curious.
Would be nice if they could make the LED lighting group available for the Sport S.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
There are several differences, almost all have to do with what packages are available. The best resource is the build and price tool on Jeep.com. Obviously the JT is not there, but if you build a JL and compare the sport to the sport s you will get a pretty good idea of the differences.

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
My guess would be the same as the Wrangler, I'm sure it won't be exact and we will know in 2 1/2 hours but this roughly what I think it will add on to it.

Sport S gets you:
· 17-in. tech silver aluminum wheels

· Power Convenience Group

· Uconnect® 4 infotainment system

· 7-in. touchscreen display

· Available Safety Group

· Leather-wrapped steering wheel

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
Well now that we see the real thing, I have a complaint to make. Jeep stop being so cheap. Make different rear doors for the Gladiator. It looks super awkward and cheap that they are using the JL doors on the truck when it has a closed off cab. I could understand if the door needed room for the flare but it doesn't. If I had fab skills I would seriously look into making that rear door less awkward looking

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a Jeep truck that rides comfortably
Any more info on this? What makes it ride better than the JL Wrangler? I know the rear suspension is different, and longer wheel base, but any changes to the Steering? As IMO thats what needed some of the most work on Wrangler as its notorious for loose steering feel which could be an issue towing.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Well now that we see the real thing, I have a complaint to make. Jeep stop being so cheap. Make different rear doors for the Gladiator. It looks super awkward and cheap that they are using the JL doors on the truck when it has a closed off cab. I could understand if the door needed room for the flare but it doesn't. If I had fab skills I would seriously look into making that rear door less awkward looking

Actually, I like it that way. If you look at the door angle in the lower rear quadrant of the back doors, it mirrors the windshield angle in the upper front quadrant of the front doors - makes for nice symmetry, while a square shaped door would look more awkward in practice.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
With this out now the reveal wont be that exciting, but what I am excited to see is the MOPAR stuff and the MOPAR modified ones on the floor like they did at the JL Launch.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome Jay!
so I guess we will have to wait another year for the Diesel. Hard to do but can save more for DP.
As much as I hate to have to wait another year, based on the JL launch it might be good as they can work out some of the bugs.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
It appears the original link on Truck Trend has been taken down. Interesting.

Reactions: MTH

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
I think it will sell unbelievably well and I wish I had one. I think FCA did an amazing job overall, but I do agree about the back door lines and have echoed similar sentiment here on the bboard.

While I appreciate that from an engineering and payload standpoint that a Gladiator that looked like this, which was an old and slightly off rendering might have been a structural issue (referring the lines where the cab meets the truck bed)

oldjtrendereing.jpg

I think something like this, rather than necessarily building a Gladiator specific rear door might have done the trick, at least for me.

Maybe it just takes some getting use to, but the actual lines of the Gladiator's rear doors almost make me thing that the build I see was done by a customizer/fabricator who extended the length of a JLU and added a truck bed.

I do also appreciate that FCA's use of the JLU's cab provided them with the economies of scale to put money in other features (or consumer cost savings, not that this rig is anything but expensive) and recognize that design decisions always involve tradeoffs. For all I know people may prefer in large the actual design over the above rendering. And what do I know...I still see a French mustache in front:

frenchmustache.png

But again...all things considered, I think the rig is beautiful.
Sponsored