Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

1. TexTJ209

TexTJ209 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
    Liked:

Yeah I'm still not sold on them for that same reason. Like...I want them...but I don't want to sacrifice that much bed space.

Vegas_Sirk likes this.
  2. FrankInNordale

FrankInNordale Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    Liked:
    I think our fears of being priced out of the Gladiator market have been quelled based on the four models. To me, that's the biggest take from all the new info.

lrtexasman and Vegas_Sirk like this.
  3. USAFRecon

USAFRecon Active Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
    Liked:
    IT Guy
    There is a video on YouTube under Jeep's channel showing some features. I was solidly against this whole convertible truck thing, it is a truck. Why does the top even need to come off? Well I am kinda sold on this look with the windshield up and doors off but just the top of the top on the truck, it looks kinda sweet! Also this was a color I'd hope the truck would come in, a sorta sand color. Can't wait for this thing now!

upload_2018-11-28_21-2-41.png

steffen707 likes this.
  4. lrtexasman

lrtexasman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Vehicle(s):
    Tahoe
    Liked:
    Great Job on the whole site Jay. This is the truck for me. Very happy with the Sport S package and that I can add the advanced safety and hardtop. Glad I was wrong about the hardtop being standard on all trims, that will save some $$$ for folks.

steffen707 and JAY like this.
  5. Gladiator4Runner

Gladiator4Runner Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Question.... what's with the tail lights- jutting out and having a scooped out area in front of them. That's going to get packed with all sorts of mud and crap.

6. Indio

Indio Member

Vehicle(s):
    1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
    Liked:
    Agreed, I like that sand-ish color as well.

7. TLife

TLife Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 JKU WW
    Liked:
    EE
    Is "two hardtops" referring to black and body colored or is there something more there?

8. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Active Member

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 Outback XT, 2005 Outback 2.5i, 2004 Miata, 2018 Civic
    Liked:
    I think the taillights have integrated sensors for blindspot monitor and such. Unclear if there will be a second style for trucks without. If it's a problem, I'm sure the aftermarket will have some options.

9. TexTJ209

TexTJ209 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
    Liked:
    As far as I know, yep.

10. chrcal14

chrcal14 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JT ASAP
    Liked:
    Data Overload. I've processed as best I can, found practically nothing to be unhappy about, and even found the above glimmer of hope for a non-fan of the red dash/stitching in the Rubicon.

I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, I don't see it as an option in the spec sheets posted unless I missed it, it doesn't show up in the still limited jeep.com configurator (although red stitching goes away with the choice of the Dark Saddle seats).

Still, between that mention and the configurator, there's hope! It wouldn't be a dealbreaker either way by any means, but it's an extra sprinkle on the icing on the cake!

I'll agonize over this stuff for months, but Current Status... Manual Rubicon in Gator with Dark Saddle.

11. TennesseePA

TennesseePA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 QX80, 2015 ES350, 1993 ZJ
    Liked:
    Yes I read the entire document and came across the very interesting quote above. If I am correct it says the Rubicon will have a full time 4WD option on the transfer case. Since I am not exactly looking for a hard core off road rig but really want the look and capability of the Rubicon, this is very good news to me. I am an avid waterfowl hunter and my hobby takes me into some very unfavorable road and weather conditions. This feature all but makes the Gladiator a no brainer for me.

12. JAY

JAY Administrator
    Staff Member

Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Yes, correct. And both hardtops feature the sliding porthole / window.

TLife likes this.
  13. steffen707

steffen707 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
    Liked:
    So I'm confused. I thought Rubicon only had 4lo and 4high,while sport had some kind of real time 4wd.

Reason I'm asking, I live in Wisconsin, thinking of getting the Rubicon model, Is 4wd high bad to use it f some of the road is snowy, but some of the roads are not? I thought you weren't supposed to use 4high unless the wheels for sure could "slip".

14. eternus

eternus Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jody
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU Anvil
    Liked:
    The full time/real time AWD thing was a possible feature in the Sahara JL, doesn't appear to be an option on any of the Gladiators.

I live in Colorado, so get my share of snow... if the roads are packed I'll go 4Hi, you can switch between 2WD/4WD at "up to 65 miles an hour" so I won't hesitate to switch when the conditions switch. Usually that means around town I'll be in 4Hi, as soon as I get to a highway that's been cleared or melted I'll go back to 2Hi. I only ever go 4Lo if I'm offroading or spinning in 4Hi... never used it in the snow.

steffen707 likes this.
  15. Troybilt

Troybilt Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2012 JK Sport
    Liked:
    I personally use 4x4 in situations like this of drifting snow. As long as I am not making sharp turns like needed
    at intersections to often. If you are hopping on dry pavement get out of 4x4.

steffen707 likes this.