Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Just a couple observations on the one interior image (see below). Looks like the rear seats are lockable to not allow access to behind or under the seats (I assume) with lock mechanisms at the top corners of the seats (per initial post). Also a subwoofer in the middle with a storage pocket on the drivers side and a tool kit (possibly?) on the passenger side. Also some lighting in the trim panels to help illuminate behind the seats! Under seat lockable storage appears to have a carry handle so it is most definitely removable. Very cool little features!
jeep-gladiator-pickup-07-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Just a couple observations on the one interior image (see below). Looks like the rear seats are lockable to not allow access to behind or under the seats (I assume) with lock mechanisms at the top corners of the seats (per initial post). Also a subwoofer in the middle with a storage pocket on the drivers side and a tool kit (possibly?) on the passenger side. Also some lighting in the trim panels to help illuminate behind the seats! Under seat lockable storage appears to have a carry handle so it is most definitely removable. Very cool little features!

Nice catch on the behind the seat features! Subwoofer enclosure reminds me of the old Sony Xplod design. Would be really cool if that was a tool kit on the passenger side! I'm hoping at the reveal they go over every spect of the interior as well.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I think I would have preferred a straight carry-over of the JLU rear seats- they fold down with the seat cushion dropping into the foot well- this makes the area a lower, larger shelf. Not a deal breaker though.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Just noticed the underseat cargo box has a carry handle. Removable pelican type case?

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Just noticed the underseat cargo box has a carry handle. Removable pelican type case?
Ooh, that might make it acceptable. I was thinking it need to be replaced by a stronger steel box.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
now weve seen that i dont think the reveal will reveal anything at all;)
Hopefully it will reveal how much this is going to hurt my wallet.

BTW I really like the reviewers spin on Why Gladiator? I want it to be a truck that's a Jeep, not just a Wrangler with a bed.

Last edited:

Cypressbog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport. 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4.
Looks like something I want sitting in my driveway come April as long as the price won't make me work 5 years past retirement.

Sponsored

Cypressbog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport. 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4.
Courtesy of Autoblog.com. on 11/28/18 @ 12:55 PM.

"For the maximum payload, you need a Sport trim Gladiator with 3.6-liter engine, six-speed manual and 3.73 final drive ratio."

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Some interesting point to note from the press release:

Diesel info:

3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine
The 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine will be available starting in 2020. Gladiator models will offer the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, rated at 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque, with ESS standard. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard and is designed to handle the increased torque output.

FCA US engineers adapted the engine – designed and manufactured by FCA EMEA – to meet the NAFTA region’s regulatory requirements.

The EcoDiesel V-6 engine implements refined turbocharger technology with a low-friction bearing designed for low-end and transient performance. The EcoDiesel V-6 engine also features low-friction pistons to improve fuel economy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide an enhanced combustion system – injector nozzle, piston bowl and glow plug with integrated combustion pressure sensor to optimize combustion. Low Pressure Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) assists to combine with the high-pressure system to expand the range of EGR usage and to improve fuel economy.
Bed info .... note the external power!

A traditional steel bed utilizes four steel cross-members to reinforce the load floor while the aluminum tailgate is damped. Utility and versatility are maximized with strong integrated tie-downs, under-rail bed lighting and an optional covered external power source.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Some interesting point to note from the press release:

Diesel info:

Bed info .... note the external power!

You can see the power port in the modified Gladiator pics, tucked in behind the Decked boxes. Looks like may take some fiddling to use it if you add the Decked.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
You can see the power port in the modified Gladiator pics, tucked in behind the Decked boxes. Looks like may take some fiddling to use it if you add the Decked.
I have no plans for the Decked, as the are cool but just take up too much bed space IMO. Would rather have a roll top tonneau cover, and then be able to put a ARB fridge back there.
Sponsored