Sponsored

Official Press Release: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Specs & Photos

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I have no plans for the Decked, as the are cool but just take up too much bed space IMO. Would rather have a roll top tonneau cover, and then be able to put a ARB fridge back there.

Yeah I'm still not sold on them for that same reason. Like...I want them...but I don't want to sacrifice that much bed space.
Sponsored

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
There is a video on YouTube under Jeep's channel showing some features. I was solidly against this whole convertible truck thing, it is a truck. Why does the top even need to come off? Well I am kinda sold on this look with the windshield up and doors off but just the top of the top on the truck, it looks kinda sweet! Also this was a color I'd hope the truck would come in, a sorta sand color. Can't wait for this thing now!

upload_2018-11-28_21-2-41.png

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Updated with press release from FCA media site. Videos to come.
Great Job on the whole site Jay. This is the truck for me. Very happy with the Sport S package and that I can add the advanced safety and hardtop. Glad I was wrong about the hardtop being standard on all trims, that will save some $$$ for folks.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Question.... what's with the tail lights- jutting out and having a scooped out area in front of them. That's going to get packed with all sorts of mud and crap.

Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
There is a video on YouTube under Jeep's channel showing some features. I was solidly against this whole convertible truck thing, it is a truck. Why does the top even need to come off? Well I am kinda sold on this look with the windshield up and doors off but just the top of the top on the truck, it looks kinda sweet! Also this was a color I'd hope the truck would come in, a sorta sand color. Can't wait for this thing now!

upload_2018-11-28_21-2-41.png
Agreed, I like that sand-ish color as well.

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - Hydro Blue
Occupation
EE
The only true open-air 4x4 pickup truck with easy-to-use premium soft top and two hardtops
Is "two hardtops" referring to black and body colored or is there something more there?

JustSomeGuy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Outback XT, 2005 Outback 2.5i, 2004 Miata, 2018 Civic
Question.... what's with the tail lights- jutting out and having a scooped out area in front of them. That's going to get packed with all sorts of mud and crap.
I think the taillights have integrated sensors for blindspot monitor and such. Unclear if there will be a second style for trucks without. If it's a problem, I'm sure the aftermarket will have some options.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
A hand-wrapped instrument panel features a soft-touch surface with accent stitching on Gladiator Overland and available on Rubicon models.
Data Overload. I've processed as best I can, found practically nothing to be unhappy about, and even found the above glimmer of hope for a non-fan of the red dash/stitching in the Rubicon.

I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, I don't see it as an option in the spec sheets posted unless I missed it, it doesn't show up in the still limited jeep.com configurator (although red stitching goes away with the choice of the Dark Saddle seats).

Still, between that mention and the configurator, there's hope! It wouldn't be a dealbreaker either way by any means, but it's an extra sprinkle on the icing on the cake!

I'll agonize over this stuff for months, but Current Status... Manual Rubicon in Gator with Dark Saddle.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Both Command-Trac and Rock-Trac systems offer full-time torque management, enabling optimal grip in low-traction conditions.
Yes I read the entire document and came across the very interesting quote above. If I am correct it says the Rubicon will have a full time 4WD option on the transfer case. Since I am not exactly looking for a hard core off road rig but really want the look and capability of the Rubicon, this is very good news to me. I am an avid waterfowl hunter and my hobby takes me into some very unfavorable road and weather conditions. This feature all but makes the Gladiator a no brainer for me.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So I'm confused. I thought Rubicon only had 4lo and 4high,while sport had some kind of real time 4wd.

Reason I'm asking, I live in Wisconsin, thinking of getting the Rubicon model, Is 4wd high bad to use it f some of the road is snowy, but some of the roads are not? I thought you weren't supposed to use 4high unless the wheels for sure could "slip".

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Hopefully it will reveal how much this is going to hurt my wallet.
So I'm confused. I thought Rubicon only had 4lo and 4high,while sport had some kind of real time 4wd.

Reason I'm asking, I live in Wisconsin, thinking of getting the Rubicon model, Is 4wd high bad to use it f some of the road is snowy, but some of the roads are not? I thought you weren't supposed to use 4high unless the wheels for sure could "slip".
The full time/real time AWD thing was a possible feature in the Sahara JL, doesn't appear to be an option on any of the Gladiators.

I live in Colorado, so get my share of snow... if the roads are packed I'll go 4Hi, you can switch between 2WD/4WD at "up to 65 miles an hour" so I won't hesitate to switch when the conditions switch. Usually that means around town I'll be in 4Hi, as soon as I get to a highway that's been cleared or melted I'll go back to 2Hi. I only ever go 4Lo if I'm offroading or spinning in 4Hi... never used it in the snow.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

I personally use 4x4 in situations like this of drifting snow. As long as I am not making sharp turns like needed
at intersections to often. If you are hopping on dry pavement get out of 4x4.
Sponsored