Sponsored

Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
Have you ever driven a turbo 4 on 35's or 37's , you think V6 is under powered go give that a shot a see where your mpgs land. My buddies on 35's in his wrangler with the turbo 4 and he's getting about 14 to the gallon.
Damn- are you sure he recalibrated for larger tire size? My wife has a 2018 JLU Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo e-torque and she gets 22mpg average easily on 33s recalibrated with Tazer. Hard to believe 35s would kill it that bad... we’ve taken some trips in hers heavily loaded, bikes on the back etc... and never seen anything below 20, and we run regular 87 in it. We have been incredibly impressed with the power and fuel economy, feels like a rocket ship compared to my JT.
Sponsored

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Coming from a 2.5 TJ everything is better lol Wind noise? hahahaha! Ride quality? hahahahahaha! mpg? Falls on floor laughing...... Power? I have more than once shouted this word like Jeremy Clarkson [ Or the Emperor is Star wars ...]

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Love mine. Purchased October 2019 and 37,000 miles later still
Loving my JTMT. Plenty of power with 4:10’s and 245x75x17’s 😁. Plenty of towing power, I’ve towed 6500lbs with no problem as well.

Last edited:

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
No complaints at all.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Damn- are you sure he recalibrated for larger tire size? My wife has a 2018 JLU Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo e-torque and she gets 22mpg average easily on 33s recalibrated with Tazer. Hard to believe 35s would kill it that bad... we’ve taken some trips in hers heavily loaded, bikes on the back etc... and never seen anything below 20, and we run regular 87 in it. We have been incredibly impressed with the power and fuel economy, feels like a rocket ship compared to my JT.
He's calibrated, and it's hard to believe the 2.0 turbo would get 22 on 33's. I've driven his on 35's and it's got good take off but sucks once it gets rolling past 60 mph. Hills forget about it. 3.45 gears kills it. Maybe if it had 4.10 gears I could see it getting decent mpgs

Sponsored

Mojave Gladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave | Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I certainly did not purchase my Mojave to lay patches of rubber around town. The only time the engine feels underpowered is when I tow close to 4500lbs. Overall, I'm very pleased with the engine output, if I need more power I simply downshift.

Last edited:

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I mean knowing it's a midsized truck, knowing since it's a jeep I was going to have to pay a premium for it, overall I've had very little to complain about on mine. Going into the purchase and using my other Jeep wranglers and Jeep's I've owned as a bases, I got to say this thing really performs and does everything I need it to do for me. I'm glad I got the Max tow because I feel like that's something that I will definitely take advantage of. Overall this to me is a solid truck and it's a Jeep so to me win win, I'm Happy!:rock:
I’ve owned three Jeeps with the 3.6. Not one has ever had an issue. The last two having the 8 speed are not race cars but have more than enough power. The JT with 37s and 4:88s always comes through with plenty of power on road and off. 17.5 mpg on the highway is impressive for 37s and a heavy rig. Let’s face it though, we didn’t buy race cars.

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
He's calibrated, and it's hard to believe the 2.0 turbo would get 22 on 33's. I've driven his on 35's and it's got good take off but sucks once it gets rolling past 60 mph. Hills forget about it. 3.45 gears kills it. Maybe if it had 4.10 gears I could see it getting decent mpgs
We’ve had it for 56,000 miles, 53,000 have been on 33” General Grabber ATX’s. It was 23-24 with factory slicks when new. Ours is the etorque version of the 2.0, not sure what your friends is- I know they got rid of the etorque option although I wouldnt think it would make that much difference. My wife drives mostly 55mph state roads and some highway up to 75mph, certainly a best case scenario. Given the epa 22-24 rating I think her mileage is spot on. As for performance past 60mph we have no complaints.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
We’ve had it for 56,000 miles, 53,000 have been on 33” General Grabber ATX’s. It was 23-24 with factory slicks when new. Ours is the etorque version of the 2.0, not sure what your friends is- I know they got rid of the etorque option although I wouldnt think it would make that much difference. My wife drives mostly 55mph state roads and some highway up to 75mph, certainly a best case scenario. Given the epa 22-24 rating I think her mileage is spot on. As for performance past 60mph we have no complaints.
2019 turbo 4 jeep wrangler that's all I know. It sucks to drive on 35's, I wouldn't dare even think to put 37's on. He's not the only one I know getting mpgs like that on 35's with a turbo 4.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
overall engineering for the JT is pretty dang good. The gearing on the AT, transfer case, differentials, and the horsepower and torque is adequate when considering fuel mileage and range. I have a max tow with 37's and 4.5" lift. I'm supposed to be adding a RTT if GoFastCampers would ship like they have promised month after month, day after day. frustrating.,, But back to the truck, I'm very happy considering the junk that is in the Mid size truck market. The JT fits my needs better than any of the others, and I tried them all with great disappointment.

Sponsored

Deleted member 39643

Have you ever driven a turbo 4 on 35's or 37's , you think V6 is under powered go give that a shot a see where your mpgs land. My buddies on 35's in his wrangler with the turbo 4 and he's getting about 14 to the gallon.
haven't drive a turbo 4 on 37s, but with the manual this car is a dog at low RPM with the lightest trim package, it needs to be between 2-3 just to get out of its own way (which is like 50mph in third and 60 mph in 4th). Turbo'd setup, or a good torquey engine of any sort would help a lot. That or an appropriate gear ratio from the factory. I bought knowing I would need to upgrade the gears. Autos are a different story of course.

Below are a 3.6L dyno chart (wrangler but similar), and a Ford 2.7t for comparison. Ford torque is almost higher than our 3.6l at 1k RPM.

Jeep Gladiator Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator a.3.6

Jeep Gladiator Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator a.2.7

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
interesting.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Mine was ok, but I like mine more running the Livernois 93 Tune😉. SC next.......

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I've not had any issues with it at all. When I step on the petal, it goes. When I step on the petal hard, it goes faster. I've seen some youtube reviews that say that it doesn't get up and go. Compared to what? A V-8 truck? That's apples and oranges to me. I had a Renegade before the Gladiator, and let me tell you, I love how good this V-6 responds.

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
It was hard for me to get use to the high RPMs for the power range. My daily driver is a Duramax diesel with all the power/ torque at much lower RPMs. All my other Jeep’s had the straight 6 with plenty of low end torque. My area has lots of sand off road trails. Tough to get use to putting your foot in it so hard. On pavement I have no complaint.
Sponsored