Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I hand calculate every time I fill up. Keep track of miles and gallons on the back of the receipt. It is close, but not quite as good as the dash calculates. I run a stock Overland with a winch on the front, a bed completely full of stuff for work, and a lot of crap in the back seat.
Sponsored

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I get pretty respectable MPG around town, for what it is. On the highway though, I've noticed a huge drop off in mpg from my Canyon. The Canyon had cylinder deactivation and direct injection and it would get 24 mpg at 80 mph. I get 19-20 on the Gladiator on the highway and I have to stay under 80 or it drops to 18 mpg. I'm pretty disappointed in the hwy mpg.
Yeah, but Chicks don't dig the Canyon!

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I wouldn't say "pleased" with the output, but not displeased. What I'm pleased about is the compromise: A reasonable amount of power in a jeep + pickup + convertible + fun factor + trail capable.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I still can't figure out this MPG thing, especially people with the same gearing but different packages. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
When I had my 2011 Chevy 1500 crew Z71 (4x4 sad that you have to specify that now days) with the 5.3L & 6L80E that averaged 12 MPG EVERYWHERE! City, highway, didn’t matter. GM’s tech’s excuse was... “They’re a 50/50 shot, some get good, some get bad...We can’t explain it. You must have gotten a bad one...” :swear::mad:

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Have you recalibrated for the 35's because I'm not having a issue with mine hanging in 7th, curious also what MPGs your averaging. I'm running 315 70 17 BFG KO2s so it could be the choice of tire also.
Yes, I had dealer re-calibate at 50% cost when they did the re-alignment. I am still getiing 18-19 around town. No highway since the lockdown. I have also tested the re-caibrate with GPS phone app, unplugged from the system.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yeah, but Chicks don't dig the Canyon!
Actually, they did for some reason. With the spec, color, wheels, and tint, it was a damn good looking truck. My ex and my fiance now loved that truck and always tried to steal it lol. My fiance does love the Gladiator too, but she liked the handling and power of the Canyon better. She's actually a pretty damn good driver, but she thinks shes a race car driver lol.

The weird thing about that Canyon was it had a 7200 RPM redline and it ripped and sounded completely different from 4k RPM to the 7200 RPM redline. I like my Gladiator more, but the Canyon was fun to flat foot. In normal driving, it felt about like the Gladiator (powerwise), but completely different at high RPM.

Our ZF8 speed auto is way smoother than the GM 8 speed. It got better after some updates and a new style fluid, but not butter smooth and intuitive like our ZF8 speeds.

Deleted member 39643

I think a turbo 4 would have been a better option than the minivan v6. Curios to how the Bronco feels in comparison. Like all others have said though, this thing aint fast. 8-9 second 0-60 with 6MT is as slow as a 4 runner. I am complacent with the power since this was still the cheapest new 6MT truck on the market.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I think a turbo 4 would have been a better option than the minivan v6. Curios to how the Bronco feels in comparison. Like all others have said though, this thing aint fast. 8-9 second 0-60 with 6MT is as slow as a 4 runner. I am complacent with the power since this was still the cheapest new 6MT truck on the market.
Have you ever driven a turbo 4 on 35's or 37's , you think V6 is under powered go give that a shot a see where your mpgs land. My buddies on 35's in his wrangler with the turbo 4 and he's getting about 14 to the gallon.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’m very pleased with the gasser. I didn’t expect it to be fast so no complaints. The only reason I wish it had a V8 is for sound.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I traded in a Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 for the gladiator. I do miss the sound and pulling power. The gladiator is soooo much more fun to drive though.
I did the same - traded a Ram 1500 with 5.7L Hemi for the Pentastar. Power in the Gladiator is definitely a downgrade but it's fun. Give me a 5.7L Hemi in the Gladiator and problem solved. Don't need a 6.4L.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a VW 4 banger, I am very happy with my Pentastar V6.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Just wondering how many who complain about the power have added bigger tires and a 500lbs of accessories without at least regearing to stock or deeper relative ratio ?