Phone Solutions

rctoyguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the 67 designs and the Bulletproof one? My main concern with them, is can it be done one handed? If you push hard enough sideways to open the clamp, does it not move the arm sideways too? Seems like a catch-22... if the clamp is still enough to hold the phone securely, wouldn't this be an issue?
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Why a phone mount when ur lap or cup holders work just fine?
Some areas have hands-free/distracted driving laws. Here in BC, if you have to pick up your phone to use it, you can get a ticket. Using a dedicated holder, it is no different than a touch-screen radio.

It also puts it at a glance rather than having to take your eyes off the road anymore than a glance at your speedo/radio/etc.

Aubie

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the 67 designs and the Bulletproof one? My main concern with them, is can it be done one handed? If you push hard enough sideways to open the clamp, does it not move the arm sideways too? Seems like a catch-22... if the clamp is still enough to hold the phone securely, wouldn't this be an issue?
The main difference I've seen from them is that the middle of the dash is still useable with the bulletproof one. The 67D has a bar that runs in the middle of the dash therefore making the middle of the dash unuseable. Both use the same style holding mechanics. My wife has 67d on her jlur and I have the bulletproof on the jtr.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Why a phone mount when ur lap or cup holders work just fine?
Because laps and cup holders do not work fine at all.

The Bulletproof does seem to be slimmer and take less space. I've only looked at them in photos both on their site and a bunch of users who have posted their installs.

Sponsored

RockDoc

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT LE
Has anyone seen any phone mount solutions for the Apple 12 series MagSafe compatible phones yet?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Yes, I've seen a few in various places. I didn't save any links as it's not of interest to me, but several have been announced.

ABNL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I am looking into this setup and followed your link but the link seems to not work anymore. Do you know if that is the "mini" arm? I guess I'd have to piece this setup together separately.
I apologize for my tardiness. The arm is the Nano version with an overall 90mm length.

Sponsored

JTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
As mentioned above regarding the juggernaut cases and wireless charging docks are there any other wireless charging docks anyone is using with an iPhone cased in an Otterbox ?

I'm looking into different options and was hoping for real life reviews in the JT. If it's further back in this thread my apologies as I'm just beginning to read into this area.

Appreciate it .......

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
As mentioned above regarding the juggernaut cases and wireless charging docks are there any other wireless charging docks anyone is using with an iPhone cased in an Otterbox ?

I'm looking into different options and was hoping for real life reviews in the JT. If it's further back in this thread my apologies as I'm just beginning to read into this area.

Appreciate it .......
Check out the XVIDA Wireless charger. You'll probably have to mount the magnetic card on the outside of your otterbox, but it works fine inside a thinner phone protector.

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales

dstep

First Name
Dmitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am looking into this setup and followed your link but the link seems to not work anymore. Do you know if that is the "mini" arm? I guess I'd have to piece this setup together separately.
Yes this is a mini arm (3.5")

If you're committed to 67d then yes, you'd have to piece it together separately. Otherwise - here is an alternative

https://getoffroam.com/collections/jeep-products/products/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-phone-mount-kit

Here is the Offroam Clamp
https://getoffroam.com/collections/...rangler-jl-gladiator-offroam-clamp-ball-mount
Sponsored