First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ7 - 2022 Gladiator Rubicon on order
Occupation
Police Officer
I am looking at lifts and have narrowed or down to two lifts. Does anyone have input on these lifts? I have a 2022 JT Rubicon and I plan to run 35 inch tires.

AEV 2.5” to 3” Dualsport lift
Mopar 2” lift
Jeep Gladiator Picking a Lift 3BDEC812-FE7D-493A-A3F5-A399EC1FC5A9
Jeep Gladiator Picking a Lift 9312C7A5-63CA-4B6E-96EA-6CD079531E81
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Lots of people on here running both of those lifts.
Lifts come down to function and purpose.
If aesthetics is the answer either is fine.
If it’s to fit 35’s you can do this stock.
If rock crawling and flex is what you are after I would go a very different direction. Need more information than “spend my money for me”. :) happy to help, just need more.
How do you intend to use the jeep? How often do you go off road?

OP
OP
KayboKabuk

KayboKabuk

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
If rock crawling and flex is what you are after I would go a very different direction. Need more information than “spend my money for me”. :) happy to help, just need more.
How do you intend to use the jeep? How often do
How do you intend to use the jeep? How often do you go off road?
I want more flex and ground clearance. I don’t off road a lot, but I like to go to Colorado off roading and want to go to Moab.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
The AEV Lift will help with any saggy ass when you load it down if you camp. That what I plan on going with. But I'll have a camper on it and gear most of the time. Along with Apex disconnects. Good luck. Diesel by any chance?

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Then you want more. I went Clayton 2.5 Overland plus. Adjustable track bars and control arms matter. Shot this on Red Cone. Stock Rubicon after....he has lockers I don't. IF you go MOPAR add in adjustable track bar and control arms.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
For the money the Jeep kit is worth a shot if you want to try to get in without spending a lot. Easy to install and just about fully complete out of the box. Needs adj track bar and/or relo brackets to be perfect.

OP
OP
KayboKabuk

KayboKabuk

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
The AEV Lift will help with any saggy ass when you load it down if you camp. That what I plan on going with. But I'll have a camper on it and gear most of the time. Along with Apex disconnects. Good luck. Diesel by any chance?
no. Gas.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’d have a very different opinion if you didn’t have a Rubicon, but since you do, I’d just get Teraflex front spacers and call it a day. Maybe look into the longer Mopar LCAs or an AEV correction bracket to go with it. And if you want to get back some rake, then get .75” spacers for the rear.

You won’t get any additional performance, but you’ll get the 35” tires and it’s very cheap and very easy.

You could go right now and do pretty much any trail in southwest CO with the vehicle you already have. Moab is a whole other animal, but even a number of those trails would be doable.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Flex is what you are going for, buy a new front drive shaft, rear bearing spacer, grab a set of Core 4x4 tier 4 control arms and track bars, and the longest extended length 2.5” springs you can find. (If you are gas- metal cloak usually has some long ones- but rock krawler has good ones too)
If you are diesel- Clayton springs with retainers.
Then go on the hunt for the best shocks your budget will allow- fox 2.5’s? Bilstien 8100’s.
With new front drive shaft you can get a 28” front shock with no problem. You can go longer but you are going to start to eat through drag link bushings pretty quick (don’t care what brand the angle is just too high once you start going beyond a 12” travel front shock….)
Rear you can push 32” shocks.

if you are looking for a great flex box kit- go rockkrawler ideally their 4 link setup.
Give them a call they will play with spring heights and combinations that aren’t always run of the mill.

Sponsored

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I am looking at lifts and have narrowed or down to two lifts. Does anyone have input on these lifts? I have a 2022 JT Rubicon and I plan to run 35 inch tires.

AEV 2.5” to 3” Dualsport lift
Mopar 2” lift
Jeep Gladiator Picking a Lift IMG_2768
Jeep Gladiator Picking a Lift IMG_2768
I have the AEV on my JTR and love it. Also running 35’s. Just had it fully loaded up for camping and it handled great.

71611DC1-222A-4E16-86F4-95FB622CF4D4.jpeg

F7E0FFE0-CCF3-41AA-99B6-51E60D6F521E.jpeg

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Since you presented 2 choices, that's what I'll stick to and not try to sway you with "what I have" or "what I'd do".

Mopar lift kit: No future adjustability, you are stuck with a 2" lift and can't use any of the parts if you decide to go with a bigger lift in the future. You are basically paying for almost the same parts again as you did for your Rubicon. I fear if/when you get your Rubi off road you'll find the springs and shocks too soft. MOPAR spec Fox shocks aren't worth the money and are NOT the same as Fox products sold anywhere else but MOPAR. MOPAR springs are proving to be too soft on most JT trim levels. No adjustable track bars, front or rear. No drive shaft bearing spacers. People swapping them out left and right trying to get a firmer ride, trying to remove rear sag, trying to remove front sag. Yes, there are people who are going to say the MOPAR lift is great, but those same people have it in their head that lift will preserve their warranty.

AEV lift kit: First, you have standard springs selected, I highly advise going to their HD springs. You're going to add weight, no way around it, so get the HD springs up front. No control arms in the kit you selected, but you do have the front geometry correction brackets and I believe that makes you good to a 4.5" lift. So that gives you some future adjustment. You get a rear track bar relocation bracket, but nothing for the front. You get spacers for the rear drive shaft bearing. Bilstein shocks are included, but they are AEV spec and have zero adjustment and aren't rebuildable.

So of the two you presented, the AEV has more components, has components you won't have to buy again if you go with a bigger lift in the future. Your forest trails won't require either of these lifts, I believe once you run Moab you'll find you want/need more than either of these.

These are my opinions, and like the rest of the opinions in this thread they don't really mean much.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Flex is what you are going for, buy a new front drive shaft, rear bearing spacer, grab a set of Core 4x4 tier 4 control arms and track bars, and the longest extended length 2.5” springs you can find. (If you are gas- metal cloak usually has some long ones- but rock krawler has good ones too)
If you are diesel- Clayton springs with retainers.
Then go on the hunt for the best shocks your budget will allow- fox 2.5’s? Bilstien 8100’s.
With new front drive shaft you can get a 28” front shock with no problem. You can go longer but you are going to start to eat through drag link bushings pretty quick (don’t care what brand the angle is just too high once you start going beyond a 12” travel front shock….)
Rear you can push 32” shocks.

if you are looking for a great flex box kit- go rockkrawler ideally their 4 link setup.
Give them a call they will play with spring heights and combinations that aren’t always run of the mill.
You been talking to the voices in my head? They had a staff meeting without me, and they decided this is what I want.
Sponsored