Sponsored

Please help me choose wheels for my Mojave! I'm too dumb to understand offset!

Planerdude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just want to buy different wheels for my soon-to-be-delivered Mojave. I understand Mojave's have a different offset than other Glads to accommodate the wider shocks. I've read other threads on this forum that cover this topic, but I still am confused. Just for example, there is this formula posted on the JL forum to explain the JLUR wheel offset:

"The outer width of the wheel is 8 3/4" (7.5" inner). A zero offset for this is 4 3/8". The backspace is 6 1/8". The result is 6 1/8" - (8 3/4" / 2) = 1 3/4" or 44.45mm offset"

What kind of math major does it take to buy a wheel? I can't seem to find wheels online sold with a 44.45mm offset. This basic wheel, for example, is listed with a -6 offset. Will the linked wheel work on a Mojave? In simple terms, what offset do I need to know when buying wheels for my Mojave? Please help!
The offset on the factory mojave wheel is 37mm😎

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Dumb question, but this is a negative offset to get the wheel away from the bigger shocks…. Correct?
The Mojave wheels are 7 mm less positive from the other trims, most likely to make room for the shocks. The offset of all stock wheels is still "positive".

Yetiman615

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave, ‘19 X3
Occupation
Operations
The Mojave wheels are 7 mm less positive from the other trims, most likely to make room for the shocks. The offset of all stock wheels is still "positive".
Thanks! Do you know what the stock backspace measurement is?

Sponsored

PR Glad

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I plan to run 35 x 12.50 x 17 tires on a stock mojave and want to ensure no rubbing....I have seen many posts reporting no problems. I am unsure, however, which of those are running the same wheel offset, etc. Does anyone have experience with this tire width/size on a stock mojave and 17 x 8.5 and 18mm wheel?

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
You dont have to match the stock offset, and imo shouldnt. Go with at least a 8.5” wheel to better accommodate larger tires and select offset/back spacing from there.

This is a 8.5” wide wheel on +25mm offset with a 12.5” tire

19378D0C-35AC-4B28-958E-62691B80363B.jpeg
6B0D6244-C872-43DE-A56F-D2454B3D4CCD.jpeg
C0068138-BC45-4543-9AC2-456BC19F45C4.jpeg
Are those the Mopar beadlocks that are used on the recon?

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I went with Quadratec Gunmetal 41's and matching "Jeep" center caps to maintain a close to stock look. They have a +12mm offset. I stayed with the stock 33" tire size my JTM came with but with KO2's. Tire poke is only about a half inch compared to stock +37mm offset wheels (25mm difference from stock). Although I don't have a side tire poke pic, I think the profile is perfect for me.

Jeep Gladiator Please help me choose wheels for my Mojave! I'm too dumb to understand offset! Jeep Day 1.5.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Please help me choose wheels for my Mojave! I'm too dumb to understand offset! Jeep Day 1.5 Closeu

Last edited:

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I plan to run 35 x 12.50 x 17 tires on a stock mojave and want to ensure no rubbing....I have seen many posts reporting no problems. I am unsure, however, which of those are running the same wheel offset, etc. Does anyone have experience with this tire width/size on a stock mojave and 17 x 8.5 and 18mm wheel?
Not sure what you mean by 18mm wheel. The offset typically is a positive or negative. 0 to +44 which is the Rubicon stock offset moves the outer rim closer to your jeep. 0 to negative moves rim out from jeep causing the poke you hear some talk about. The Mojave is +37 so any from there to 0 and negative would work on your jeep depending on how far you want it to stick out I am running 35" tire on AEV wheels that have a +25 offset which for me is perfect, don't really like the poke.

PR Glad

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Not sure what you mean by 18mm wheel. The offset typically is a positive or negative. 0 to +44 which is the Rubicon stock offset moves the outer rim closer to your jeep. 0 to negative moves rim out from jeep causing the poke you hear some talk about. The Mojave is +37 so any from there to 0 and negative would work on your jeep depending on how far you want it to stick out I am running 35" tire on AEV wheels that have a +25 offset which for me is perfect, don't really like the poke.
Typo: 17 x 8.5 and +18 wheel