Sponsored

POLL - for those who have the MOPAR official brake controller only

Does brake controller cause errors with ACC, stability control, when you press controller button?

• Total voters
OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They've been mounted both ways. Looks like some turn it, some do not. Guessing here, but my gut says about half and half. It should work either way - whatever is easiest to connect the wiring in YOUR truck. Mine it was almost impossible with the connection to the rear - so I put it back how it came, connection forward.
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
They've been mounted both ways. Looks like some turn it, some do not. Guessing here, but my gut says about half and half. It should work either way - whatever is easiest to connect the wiring in YOUR truck. Mine it was almost impossible with the connection to the rear - so I put it back how it came, connection forward.
Thanks for the reply.
Will leave as arrived.

Did you ever get yours working without the dash lighting up?

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
2021 Mojave

UserErrors?Build dateACC?LED lighting?
unixxxN11/04/21YY

enigmaverse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited
So my issue seems different. Nothing happens when I press the manual override. I get a red indicator when i hit the brakes green when I let off. When I press the manual override, no brakes, no nothing.

2020 Launch Edition, received in June 2019, dont have build date handy. Has ACC and LED

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So my issue seems different. Nothing happens when I press the manual override. I get a red indicator when i hit the brakes green when I let off. When I press the manual override, no brakes, no nothing.

2020 Launch Edition, received in June 2019, dont have build date handy. Has ACC and LED
You are talking with trailer connected or not?
Do you hear the clicking of the relay when you press the button?
Have you had the TSB performed by the dealer to address the trailer brake controller issue as far as causing ABS issues?

Sponsored

enigmaverse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited
You are talking with trailer connected or not?
Do you hear the clicking of the relay when you press the button?
Have you had the TSB performed by the dealer to address the trailer brake controller issue as far as causing ABS issues?
With No trailer, I'll get the red indicator for a few seconds at start up. With trailer I get red / green indicator when hitting the brakes.

No clicking when pressing the button.

Dealer ran a scan the other day, but I dont think they actually updated anything. I'm going to head back tomorrow and see if they can run the TSB/ Confirm its done.

I think I might have a faulty switch.

enigmaverse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited
With No trailer, I'll get the red indicator for a few seconds at start up. With trailer I get red / green indicator when hitting the brakes.

No clicking when pressing the button.

Dealer ran a scan the other day, but I dont think they actually updated anything. I'm going to head back tomorrow and see if they can run the TSB/ Confirm its done.

I think I might have a faulty switch.
Fixed! Pulled the dash apart, took the unit out, reassembled it outside the dash to get everything aligned and working, put it all back in.

no lights when I press the button, but I do here the click... tomorrow I’ll hook up a trailer
Sponsored