Sponsored

POLL - for those who have the MOPAR official brake controller only

Does brake controller cause errors with ACC, stability control, when you press controller button?

• Total voters

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Here is the issue some of us are running into -

@JeepCares - care to comment?
Do we get a FIX for this since it's a MOPAR supplied genuine part made specifically for our Jeeps??
There's a warranty on ALL Mopar numbered products, correct?
I'd like to make a warranty claim!
We are not mechanically trained, and therefore rely on a dealer to diagnose issues and to appropriately apply the terms of your warranty. If you have concerns with a Mopar part, please visit your local Jeep dealer for further assistance. If you are in need of support while at the dealer, please let us know.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We are not mechanically trained, and therefore rely on a dealer to diagnose issues and to appropriately apply the terms of your warranty. If you have concerns with a Mopar part, please visit your local Jeep dealer for further assistance. If you are in need of support while at the dealer, please let us know.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
The problem is that no dealers are trained or know about these.
We need somehow to get this up to the team that created this thing.
I have to laugh - sorry, but two of us HAVE been to the dealer.
Mine said they had no idea, and another member's dealer took it back out. I don't know the outcome of that particular instance - but dealers don't know and since the instructions are very incorrect, they are relying on bad information.

This needs to be escelated way beyond a dealer and even beyond parts people or those who sell these.
These are defective as sold - but Jeep doesn't even know it!

So who can we contact WAAAY up on the ladder here?

DEALERS HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THESE and don't know what to do!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Monte.Trumbull was your Rubicons factory installed by any chance?

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bill, I realized I forgot to add my info when I saw your chart on the other thread. Mine has a build day of 7/6/2019, and has ACC and LEDs (LE with all the goodies)

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bill, I realized I forgot to add my info when I saw your chart on the other thread. Mine has a build day of 7/6/2019, and has ACC and LEDs (LE with all the goodies)
I figured yours was an earlier build as you were dealing with brake controller stuff before the paint was dry on my truck LOL

Yours and mine added do fully support the January 2020 thing.
I know in one of the brake controller threads there was a member who said his worked and it was an earlier one and I can't find that but then, there's bound to be 1 that's not been checked exactly as the others and I did find that if you are pressing the truck's brake pedal when you push that button - no errors - that's because it was EXPECTING a signal on that line because the brake pedal is pressed so the system expects to see a tail lamp signal. It's when that pedal is not depressed, the system expects NO brake lamp signal and yet receives one - it's freaking out.
So perhaps that person had their foot on the brake pedal.

Last edited:

JB_0057

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Bump to get more responses - more have complained than have posted here with info......
Yes - Launch edition with controller dealer installed yesterday 11/11/20. Dash errors when manual application applied. From what I understand, controller otherwise performs as needed for towing.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - Launch edition with controller dealer installed yesterday 11/11/20. Dash errors when manual application applied. From what I understand, controller otherwise performs as needed for towing.
It should function otherwise...........
but if you need to apply trailer brakes only for any reason - such as adjusting gain, or some maneuver to regain control, whatever, you will be forced to restart the truck to clear the errors and re-enable your safety features.

It's actually still feeding into the truck's brake lamp system when you hit the truck brakes and the trailer brake controller activates the trailer brakes, it's just that the truck is EXPECTING to see a signal on the brake lamp system so doesn't freak out and set error codes.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Finally got around to installing mine today. No issues. Build date 6-25.

I thought the install was fairly easy. The instructions were not great but enough to get the job done. The controller is cheap plastic and doesn't exactly match the existing knobs. It would have been great if it was rubberized like the existing ones. It feels cheap too. But I can't help but liking that it is OEM. I think vehicles resale is always better with less after market parts vs OEM parts. Not that I will be selling it anytime soon, but I like things being OEM myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to installing mine today. No issues. Build date 6-25.

I thought the install was fairly easy. The instructions were not great but enough to get the job done. The controller is cheap plastic and doesn't exactly match the existing knobs. It would have been great if it was rubberized like the existing ones. It feels cheap too. But I can't help but liking that it is OEM. I think vehicles resale is always better with less after market parts vs OEM parts. Not that I will be selling it anytime soon, but I like things being OEM myself.
Ironic, the cheep plastic feel of the knob vs. the industrial steel mounting plate good enough for bullet-proof armor holding that little box in place. I thought it was funny - this has to be the heaviest piece of steel in the whole truck, and it's doing what? Holding a plastic controller box in place. I can see it now - truck gets totally CRUSHED but that brake controller is unscratched, protected by steel plate. LOL
Well, gotta have some fun......

Anyway, yeah, you pretty much echo my final feelings on parts of this thing.

Jsands

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator
Yes, same problem here.
2020 Rubicon with LED and ACC
12-06 build

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The below definitely matches the communication from Jeep to dealerships about this.
User​
Errors?​
Build date​
ACC?​
LED lighting?​
Aberk​
Y​
06/09/19​
Y​
Y​
jwilson2899​
Y​
07/06/19​
Y​
Y​
atoy74​
Y​
07/09/19​
Y​
Y​
ShadowsPapa​
Y​
11/09/19​
Y​
Y​
Jsands​
Y​
12/06/19​
Y​
Y​
jeepfitter​
N​
02/17/20​
Y​
Y​
Pdiddy​
N​
06/25/20​
Y​
Y​
Pitch​
N​
08/20/20​
Y​
?​
jaxmax​
N​
08/21/20​
N​
N​
kclendaniel​
N​
09/11/20​
Y​
?​
Monte.Trumbull​
N​
10/16/20​
Y​
Y​

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
voted yes, Max Tow Sport S, dashboard goes crazy when hitting the manual brake button. Build Dec 2019.
I have ACC and Leds.

MuddBud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Errors: Y, Build Date: 10/01/19, ACC: Y, LED Lighting: Y

I only have the problem if I’m NOT pressing the brake pedal when I push the manual trailer brake button.
Sponsored