Premium subwoofer upgrade.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Finally got the wiring figured out. I used the description that Jspeed used, only it took me a minute to realize that the wiring before and after the plug for the subwoofer are different, and the description is before the plug. Once I followed that it worked. Here is my setup, I've got some more tweaking to do to finish it but it works, Plan to add some sound matting as well.

The setup a single 300w amp and 2 10" subwoofers. It's from a box I had with my Ram truck, which was too large. I ended up cutting 2 inches out of the depth to get it to fit, since you only have about 6 inches max from the back wall to the seat bracket. I also cut up my factory plastic and trimmed out the top to keep it looking factoryish.

Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. 94376333_267387857767814_5760902177438564352_n
Sponsored

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Is the back panel 2 pieces? I wouldnt mind taking the bottom half off to mount the HS10 that I got.

Finally got the wiring figured out. I used the description that Jspeed used, only it took me a minute to realize that the wiring before and after the plug for the subwoofer are different, and the description is before the plug. Once I followed that it worked. Here is my setup, I've got some more tweaking to do to finish it but it works, Plan to add some sound matting as well.

The setup a single 300w amp and 2 10" subwoofers. It's from a box I had with my Ram truck, which was too large. I ended up cutting 2 inches out of the depth to get it to fit, since you only have about 6 inches max from the back wall to the seat bracket. I also cut up my factory plastic and trimmed out the top to keep it looking factoryish.

Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. 94376333_267387857767814_5760902177438564352_n

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Is the back panel 2 pieces? I wouldnt mind taking the bottom half off to mount the HS10 that I got.
There are 2 small sections that pop out, where the storage is and another section, but to accomplish what I did in the picture I actually cut the plastic up, basically 9.5 inches from the top and the rest is trashed.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yes the back pannel is 2 pieces.
It's held together very tighly with clips..

I have the bottom half of mine removed and the top still in place

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2018 Renegade Limited, 2015 Camaro ZL1
Occupation
Owner @ Ideal Garage and Jerry's Speed Shop
Vehicle Showcase
This is my truck now. I also bought Insane audios head unit which i haven't gotten around to installing yet.
Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. Jerry'sSpeedShopGladiatorBuildApril2020-16
Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. Jerry'sSpeedShopGladiatorBuildApril2020-19

Sponsored

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
For my system, I removed the body panel behind the rear seats and mounted the amp and subwoofer boxes back there. I've attached some pictures but generally the sub box is about 36" long, 11.5" tall, about 2" deep at the top and 5" at the bottom. That fit two 8" subwoofers. I wanted to preserve the under seat boxes for storage; stuff like air compressors and general stuff for the winch...

Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. Jerry'sSpeedShopGladiatorBuildApril2020-19

Is that a custom box or a pre-fab that was loaded with the Kicker 8"s?

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
That was custom built to fit the space.
Any idea on the internal volume? I am about to start building a box and need .5-.6 per chamber. I imagine the width could go another foot if the amp was relocated?

AlphaWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Any idea on the internal volume? I am about to start building a box and need .5-.6 per chamber. I imagine the width could go another foot if the amp was relocated?
Can't quite remember what i did for the volume, and i don't have the tech sheet that i used with the subs, but it was right about the same area as you are building. Yes you could have a lot more room if you mount the amplifier elsewhere or use a narrower amp. That was another option to was to build two separate boxes and put the amp in the middle.

Jedibaron13

First Name
Baron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Just wondering if remember the specs for your box? Also what subs are those?

Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Just wondering if remember the specs for your box? Also what subs are those?
Dont really have specs on the box, other than some measurements. It was a box I bought for my Ram truck a few years ago, and had to cut it down to fit in the back. its about 5.5 inches wide at the bottom and a little less at the top. almost the whole width of the interior cabin.
subs I've been very happy with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P5RUSK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amp does pretty well, probably better by itself, which when i bought it I only used one sub and because the ohms you have to be careful about wiring the two together:

https://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/K...300-Watt-Subwoofer-Amplifier-2-Ohm-Stable.htm

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
Final resting place.

BTW i forgot to mention be very careful pulling off the rear interior panel. There are several hidden clips along the top just under the rear window and i broke all but one trying to remove it. I was pretty careful and even used my trim tools but they broke anyway however i didn't have a clue what held that panel in place so it was easier for me to break them lol. Now you know so be careful and take your time.

i added some pics. There are 4 bolts that need to come out and the rest is clips. The clips i was talking about under the rear window are the ones where i'm pointing and circled. The clips on the sides come off easy.

If you were to remove the panel again, how would you recommend approaching it to avoid breakage? I'm really just interested in removing the storage box on the driver's side, so just need to remove the large panel for that. Thx

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2018 Renegade Limited, 2015 Camaro ZL1
Occupation
Owner @ Ideal Garage and Jerry's Speed Shop
Vehicle Showcase
If you were to remove the panel again, how would you recommend approaching it to avoid breakage? I'm really just interested in removing the storage box on the driver's side, so just need to remove the large panel for that. Thx
Work it from the bottom up and do it slowly and be patient. Some good plastic trim panel tools would help.

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
This topic is great and has given me some much needed info. If one were to replace the premium speakers in the dash and sound bar and in turn have those amped, has anyone seen the 8.4 head unit throw an error or have an output issue? I cant recall where but I saw something of that affect.

I know I would need to get output from the head unit to the amps, etc..via a adapter I presume.

This would be the first car I would replace all components and amp on such an integrated head unit.

The last car I did was an old Sync system on a 2001 Mustang GT and simply just pulled everything out and installed new. (back in the 2006 or so)
Sponsored