First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Business owner
Finally got the wiring figured out. I used the description that Jspeed used, only it took me a minute to realize that the wiring before and after the plug for the subwoofer are different, and the description is before the plug. Once I followed that it worked. Here is my setup, I've got some more tweaking to do to finish it but it works, Plan to add some sound matting as well.

The setup a single 300w amp and 2 10" subwoofers. It's from a box I had with my Ram truck, which was too large. I ended up cutting 2 inches out of the depth to get it to fit, since you only have about 6 inches max from the back wall to the seat bracket. I also cut up my factory plastic and trimmed out the top to keep it looking factoryish.

94376333_267387857767814_5760902177438564352_n.jpg
Nice job. How did you reattach you panel since most of us broke the clips to it that are under the window? Thats why i had to make a custom one so now my back looks like one solid speaker box with two amps attached like yours.
Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Nice job. How did you reattach you panel since most of us broke the clips to it that are under the window? Thats why i had to make a custom one so now my back looks like one solid speaker box with two amps attached like yours.
I also broke the clips. But i epoxied them back together and cut to fit. Ended up not keeping it in though since it was sinpler without it.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
You guys who broke your top clips on the rear panel...did you replace it or figure out a way to secure it sans those 6 top clips? They were impossible.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
You guys who broke your top clips on the rear panel...did you replace it or figure out a way to secure it sans those 6 top clips? They were impossible.
mine came offf clean enough that I-used epoxy to put them back on. I only broke two.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
mine came offf clean enough that I-used epoxy to put them back on. I only broke two.
Awesome....just regular epoxy? I was gonna try some double sided velcro shenanigans but that sounds better.

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesome....just regular epoxy? I was gonna try some double sided velcro shenanigans but that sounds better.
Yea. Just the regular kind. It will say it’s for plastic on the package.

emoneymose

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 rubicon hydro blue
Trying to plan for system when I get my new Rubi next week ! Does anyone know if the box with dimensions below will fit BEHIND driver rear? I may just squeak it out but there is so many diffent things here and almost confusing info. I have alpine sub and would like to not remove panel as its a lease. thank you!
Kicker L7T 10 inch

• dimensions: 20-1/4"W x 12"H x 7-1/4"D1 x 4-3/8"D2
Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. g20646TL102-F

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Trying to plan for system when I get my new Rubi next week ! Does anyone know if the box with dimensions below will fit BEHIND driver rear? I may just squeak it out but there is so many diffent things here and almost confusing info. I have alpine sub and would like to not remove panel as its a lease. thank you!
Kicker L7T 10 inch

• dimensions: 20-1/4"W x 12"H x 7-1/4"D1 x 4-3/8"D2
Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. g20646TL102-F
I thought about going that same route but with those little black boxes on the back wall, I wasn't confident it would fit. ended up making a custom box with two of these subs in 10".

emoneymose

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 rubicon hydro blue
I thought about going that same route but with those little black boxes on the back wall, I wasn't confident it would fit. ended up making a custom box with two of these subs in 10".
I wonder if it could fit under seat if I remove cubby. I am pretty sure on pass side it may depth wise but that 7" bottom depth may be too lard at the front of the seat height

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the rear seat out and back interior panel off. There is a ton of room behind there if you remove the factory subwoofer.
I want to replace the factory subwoofer with Kickers new HS10 powered subwoofer. However i think i'm going to have trouble due to the fact that the factory subwoofer has 6 wires going to it. Does anyone understand the wiring of the factory subwoofer? I imagine i can't leave those wires disconnected either because i'm sure the head unit will know it's not connected? The HS10 is small enough to put behind the drivers side of the rear seat but i wanted to hide it behind the panel if i could.
Color Coded Wires should be standard across all automobile manufacturers.

Jeep Gladiator Premium subwoofer upgrade. 81QSd7bVncL._AC_SL1500_

Sponsored

OP
OP
JSPEED

JSPEED

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2018 Renegade Limited, 2015 Camaro ZL1
Occupation
Owner @ Ideal Garage and Jerry's Speed Shop
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't realize how old this thread was 😅
Yeah, i'm long done with the powered subwoofer.

I'm upgraded the whole system now.

Alpine i509 head unit
Super tweets by windshield
Alpine 6.5 speakers in dash
American sound bar with 4 super tweets and 4 Rockford 8's
Two American bass 10 " subs under the rear seat
One 6 channel Alpine amp
One mono Alpine amp

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i'm long done with the powered subwoofer.

I'm upgraded the whole system now.

Alpine i509 head unit
Super tweets by windshield
Alpine 6.5 speakers in dash
American sound bar with 4 super tweets and 4 Rockford 8's
Two American bass 10 " subs under the rear seat
One 6 channel Alpine amp
One mono Alpine amp
Good to hear you have it sorted 👌

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
The powered alpine sub from the kit is going to be shortlived for me now.. Just not enough there. I have too much shit under the back seat though so I gotta find something for behind the rear seat. Keep hoping someone will of tried one of these slim truck box's
Sponsored