Sponsored

Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Why is the diesel not on the Jeep website in the build & price?
Because although 2020 ordering has closed and 2021 ordering has started the marketing machine is still on 2020 until 2021s start showing up at dealers.
Sponsored

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Just got an email from FCA Customer Care that my JTR Diesel should arrive at my dealership next week...! Typo? Ordered 7/10 but last week was D1 with ship date of 9/15...

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got an email from FCA Customer Care that my JTR Diesel should arrive at my dealership next week...! Typo? Ordered 7/10 but last week was D1 with ship date of 9/15...
Just got an email too. If I get mine this week I will let you know

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
Looking forward to you guys getting your ecodiesels! When you do get them, could you share what your payload sticker states? I haven't been able to get an answer from any dealerships yet.

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
I received one as well. Ordered 7/11 and was advised of a 9/2 delivery to dealer. Confirmed date with Jeep Chat, with caveat that it is subject to change based on the build process.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I did not get the email that others got, but the reports on the forum prompted me to have the dealer check status for me after Jeep Chat would only give me a vague answer and a "check back later." My ship date has advanced from September 12 to September 9, after having slipped from the initial August 29. So we shall see.

nomoneydown

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Occupation
Real Estate
Looking forward to you guys getting your ecodiesels! When you do get them, could you share what your payload sticker states? I haven't been able to get an answer from any dealerships yet.
Yep, not a problem. That has been the million dollar question that Jeep has been dodging.

Sponsored

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
Just got an email saying that mine is expected 8/31 at the dealer. I'm located in Denver.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep, not a problem. That has been the million dollar question that Jeep has been dodging.
Yeah, it's as if they don't want to admit to building a diesel-powered pickup that will be hamstrung to only towing <4,000 lbs. with a family on board. :D

Seriously though let's see those payload stickers. I'm guessing 1,000 to 1,200 lbs. will be the range.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I don't understand how the truck is available to order without payload and towing information available.

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it's as if they don't want to admit to building a diesel-powered pickup that will be hamstrung to only towing <4,000 lbs. with a family on board. :D

Seriously though let's see those payload stickers. I'm guessing 1,000 to 1,200 lbs. will be the range.
my guess with the info available is a JTR will come in at about 1050 based on comparisons with the JL differences between v6/diesel and applying that to the v6 vs diesel JTR.

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
I called my dealer to confirm the email I received from Jeep. They're telling me that the email is in error and that my vehicle is still in D1 status. They're saying that sometimes the emails just get sent out after a certain time because they expect it to have been built by then. Anyone else getting the same answer?
Sponsored