First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I have these for mud flaps, I went with the extra large and long, eventually I will have a lift and larger tires. https://rokblokz.com/collections/jeep-mud-flaps/Gladiator

Floor, this will be my next major upgrade https://goarmorlite.com/ A bunch of people on the forum went this way, cannot find any complaints.

Headlight protection, I wanted to have my fogs yellow, also wanted to see if this stuff holds up. Zero complaints, I will be getting clear for my head lights. (LED Package.) Though I am trying to find a clear cover for the head lights with heaters. Driving to VT one time in snow and I needed to keep stopping to clear the LED headlights. I cannot believe they don't have heaters built in. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CZZ927L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
OCD enginerd here: was and still somewhat am still stuck in the same mindset as you in being admittedly way too overprotective. This was also my first new to me vehicle purchase, and I still struggle with my mind racing on keeping it safe, even after 3 years of ownership.

What I've learned to remind myself of is parts are easy to replace, and life happens. Don't be afraid of minor wear and bumps along the way, the amount of time and effort you put in to protection for the "what ifs" probably isn't worth your sanity.

Where I focus my time and effort are the easy security upgrades (lockable hard bed cover, locking hood latch, and locking gas cap). Avoid bolt on "cool factor" parts, like open bed racks with all your gear being externally mounted just 5 minutes away from gone forever, or $1000 bolt on ditch lights that use a single nut to hold them on.

I definitely park away from bar entrances, but try to keep it in well trafficked areas to keep honest people honest. I also try not to make it stand out more than it already does, but it does naturally get a lot of attention.

Enjoy your ownership, for me it's a been a great vehicle to own.

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Blue Overland - Prev, 2014 Polar JKU
Occupation
contract manager
Absolutely love my tuxmats but I did find that were they go around the rear cup holder, there was slight rubbing that scuffed the plastic. You cant see it when they are installed though. I would still get them again though

OP
OP
loganjeeps

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Where I focus my time and effort are the easy security upgrades (lockable hard bed cover, locking hood latch, and locking gas cap). Avoid bolt on "cool factor" parts, like open bed racks with all your gear being externally mounted just 5 minutes away from gone forever, or $1000 bolt on ditch lights that use a single nut to hold them on.
Right on. No DUBS or neon for me. Hope the bleeding stops at protection and a bed cap :)

Sponsored

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Here is a good source for pre-cut paint protection film kits.
Many different choices of what surfaces you want to protect, and two choices of the type of film.

You can also get bulk product for areas you want to protect that they don't have patterns listed for.
They ship very quickly as well.

https://clearmask.com/amfinder?find=a-2022-jeep-gladiator-rubicon----432218&sid=tb9tmXkx9n
I was hoping they'd have something just for the leading edge of the hood, but they don't have any hood options for Mojave. They have them for Rubicon, but smallest is 18" so I guess leading edge isn't an option either way.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I was hoping they'd have something just for the leading edge of the hood, but they don't have any hood options for Mojave. They have them for Rubicon, but smallest is 18" so I guess leading edge isn't an option either way.
I just got some of their 8" wide bulk Clearmask A/R and made my own for the leading edge of the hood on my Mojave.

Just takes a little time & some good scissors. ✂

You do have to cut the film slightly narrower than the full hood width to allow for the stretch required when you apply the film to the hood.

OP
OP
loganjeeps

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For what it's worth I like my weathertech mud flaps. I'd read about the rokblocks rubbing the finish off the rock rails.
I also ended up going WT mudflaps. They look more factory to me and do seem to be a more precise fit since you have to pick your trim level when you order them.

OP
OP
loganjeeps

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got some of their 8" wide bulk Clearmask A/R and made my own for the leading edge of the hood on my Mojave.

Just takes a little time & some good scissors. ✂

You do have to cut the film slightly narrower than the full hood width to allow for the stretch required when you apply the film to the hood.
I ended up being to chicken to do this myself. I'm better with wrench and hammer type stuff .
Having a shop install PPF on the whole front end next week. Will post pics when done for those interested.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth I like my weathertech mud flaps. I'd read about the rokblocks rubbing the finish off the rock rails.
I have MOPAR version on my JT, and I put WeatherTech on my wife's Wrangler.
I really like the MOPAR mud flaps, but if I was starting over, it would be a tough call and I might lean toward WT.
Reason being is that they are just a tad wider meaning they cover that small bit of poke a bit better, and while you are turning the front wheels and thread is sticking out on the back, the WT have a bit more coverage. Installation is a breeze. They've not been on very long - first part of March, but so far I really like them.
They look like they belong, they look factory, the price is good and they fit excellent, even if you have the factory Rubicon rock rails (which I took off my wife's JLU so I could put power steps on for us)
The WT mud flaps are made to fit around the rock rails perfectly.
Next winter will tell, but so far, the side of her Wrangler stays pretty clean in bad weather. Should be no rock chips on hinges with the combination of the mud flaps and power steps which stick out not quite as far as Sahara/Overland steps, but further than almost anything else.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
If you're looking to avoid body damage, a good step of side steps should be on the top of your lift. Careless doors from other vehicles and shopping carts are probably the most frequent risk to your vehicle's body.

I was in this frame of mind when I got my Gladiator, and the first thing I did was put Mopar steel bumpers, rock rails, and bed sliders around the entire vehicle.

OP
OP
loganjeeps

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thought I would post some before and after pics of the differece the mudflaps make on spray up on the body. On the rear , they basically keep the spray almost entirely off the body, still a little on the bumper. On the front, they lower the spray pattern enough to protect the front door hinges a lot better but the rear door hinges are still catching a lot. As others have noted, steps or wider sliders are probably the only solution for that.

Before Front
Jeep Gladiator Protecting the Precious front before

Before Rear
Jeep Gladiator Protecting the Precious rear before

After Front
Jeep Gladiator Protecting the Precious front after

After Rear
Jeep Gladiator Protecting the Precious rear after

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
So I have new car anxiety.

Mud Flaps:
Not sure I go there yet with the look and also not sure how effective they really are
https://www.huskyliners.com/universal-mud-guards/2022/jeep/gladiator
Welcome to the new car anxiety club! Haha!!

"Hi, my name is Bill and I have a brand new 2022 Gladiator that I'm worried about protecting....."

Seriously though, the #1 and #2 protection things I have concluded :

- #1 - Mudflaps. They stopped a HUUUGE amount of crap all over the truck, and chips too. (Fronts especially.). I went with weathertech's. They look "OK". Not great, but the protection has been worth the look.

- #2 - Replacing stock PPF on the rear fender flares - they are just not big enough, and IMO, not good quality. Getting mine replaced ion a couple days. Will eventually go to the grill and front of hood, but it's expensive, and it will have to go piecemeal.

After that it starts getting REALLY expensive, and a full quality PPF job is almost as much as paint.....

Good luck with the precious!

PPS - oh yeah, actually the FIRST thing I did was get the Mopar Floormats. Definitely a good call!
Sponsored