Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
I read through this entire thing months ago, so not sure if I missed this or don’t remember. Can I have a dealer flash the computer to activate this before I install it? Would this have any effect on functionality until I get it installed? I’m having a dealer do my lift and tires so they can calibrate the tire size. Other than those two things, I can’t justify a Tazer or Jscan. While the list of other options are cool, I won’t use them and rather have the dealer do everything while it’s still under warranty.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
If, and a big if, you can get them to do it there will be no issues with functionality, it will store error codes for the missing handles but that is all.
Gregj

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I had the sales code GXD added today at Tallahassee Dodge Jeep in Tallahassee Fl. The process was quick. Less than an hr to have the pcm flashed. The Service manager was very nice and didn't hesitate to add it. He literally ask for my Vin number, he was already logged into FCA dealer socket then added it. Next he had the service tech do the flash. $79 tax included.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I had the sales code GXD added today at Tallahassee Dodge Jeep in Tallahassee Fl. The process was quick. Less than an hr to have the pcm flashed. The Service manager was very nice and didn't hesitate to add it. He literally ask for my Vin number, he was already logged into FCA dealer socket then added it. Next he had the service tech do the flash. $79 tax included.
You can get a JScan setup for about that.

Kevin

Dezerox

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate
Finally got mine after almost 2 months. I ordered couple days before christmas on the same day I bought my gladiator.

The only thing my Mojave didn't come with just about was proximity key. I got it knocked out today and enabled with jscan. Wasn't hard at all. Just gotta take your time getting everything apart and replacing the door harness.

In regards to the window bolts. pick up on the window. it's the window blue and white bracket binding on the bolt when you are backing it out. They were no problem though. Just take your time.

And save money and just do it with jscan. no need for dealer or expensive tazer.

Jeep Gladiator Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup) 148269072_10100640545350907_2850183117981055714_o (1)

Jeep Gladiator Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup) 149329230_10100640545410787_5347675708609179817_o

Sponsored

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I want to do this. Does it matter what trim level you have? I have a Sport S with the most basic radio. Does that matter?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as you have power door locks it can be done. Radio doesn’t matter.​
Gregj​

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
anyone thought about lineXing the handles while they’re out?

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
I want to do this. Does it matter what trim level you have? I have a Sport S with the most basic radio. Does that matter?
As long as you have power door locks it can be done. Radio doesn’t matter.​
Gregj​
This may only effect early JL's but we had a Sport with power locks that did not have the required wiring so we are airing on the side of caution with the new information we added to the product page https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html

We link to this diagram as a pre-check before ordering to ensure a plug and play installation
https://amp-production-assets.s3.us.../docs/JT_JL_passive_entry_connector_check.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
Apologies if this has been posted before, but has anybody done this for ONLY the driver's door? It looks like I can get the harness, door handle and cap for about 150 bucks. If I enable the proximity locks in JScan with only 1 handle connected, will it work?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may only effect early JL's but we had a Sport with power locks that did not have the required wiring so we are airing on the side of caution with the new information we added to the product page https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html

We link to this diagram as a pre-check before ordering to ensure a plug and play installation
https://amp-production-assets.s3.us.../docs/JT_JL_passive_entry_connector_check.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
My JLU Sport S was missing the wires in the dash harness and I had to add them, this is discussed at length on the JL Forum. One of the last posts in that thread links a supplier for the missing wires. I have also helped a couple other JL owners adding them to theirs.

A little more involved but still can be done.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apologies if this has been posted before, but has anybody done this for ONLY the driver's door? It looks like I can get the harness, door handle and cap for about 150 bucks. If I enable the proximity locks in JScan with only 1 handle connected, will it work?
Works fine with just the one door. There may be errors set in the system for the other missing handle. It does not set a CEL.
Gregj

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
My JLU Sport S was missing the wires in the dash harness and I had to add them, this is discussed at length on the JL Forum. One of the last posts in that thread links a supplier for the missing wires. I have also helped a couple other JL owners adding them to theirs.

A little more involved but still can be done.
Gregj
Thanks for the info Greg, From your readings have you only seen this on 18's ? It would make sense that in later production for a reduced part count FCA made less versions of the dash harness's and included the circuits in all.

- Benny

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info Greg, From your readings have you only seen this on 18's ? It would make sense that in later production for a reduced part count FCA made less versions of the dash harness's and included the circuits in all.

- Benny
Benny I don’t think they have added them to all of the Sport S’s, one of the last guys on the other thread has a 2020 Sport Diesel and it didn’t have the wires.

Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does seem that the Gladiators all have them, maybe a Gladiator Sport owner can take a look.
Gregj
Sponsored