Sponsored

Quote for gears and lockers on sport s

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I get some parts wholesale, and i have 4.88s, master install kits, oil, waiting in my garage and waiting for an open lift so I can put them in. Even though we own the shop I decided against a rear locker for now, as the cost is so high-- $1k. That being said 4k isn't bad, but not good. It's fair. The cost of everything is up right now, if that was a year ago, or a year in the future, it might be a few hundred less.

Does the cost include the break-in oil change too?
Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Put the locker in the front, Iā€™m assuming you have a factory trac lock in the rear?? If not I may have one for ya

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
Youā€™re not wrong. 5.13 is great with 37ā€™s. 4.88 might be enough, but when is enough, good enough, with Jeeps. :)
Thatā€™s what I was thinking. I know itā€™s a lot of work. Itā€™s hard spending money when it doesnā€™t yield and physical results. I know I will be able to feel it though!
Worth it 100%

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I get some parts wholesale, and i have 4.88s, master install kits, oil, waiting in my garage and waiting for an open lift so I can put them in. Even though we own the shop I decided against a rear locker for now, as the cost is so high-- $1k. That being said 4k isn't bad, but not good. It's fair. The cost of everything is up right now, if that was a year ago, or a year in the future, it might be a few hundred less.

Thatā€™s my take on it, as well. Add up the parts and do a ballpark on ~$100/hr for labor. If an estimate comes in much less than thisā€¦unless weā€™re talking a shade-tree mechanic with limited or no overheadā€¦ Iā€™d be wondering what theyā€™ll cut corners on.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager

I will ask about that thanks!

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
Is it a full rebuild with bearings etc? Or just the gears? Any warranty?
No rebuild. I only have 10k on my jeep does that matter?

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
Youā€™re not wrong. 5.13 is great with 37ā€™s. 4.88 might be enough, but when is enough, good enough, with Jeeps. :)
I am I donā€™t know why I said 4.88 for where I live Iā€™m going 5.13

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
Based on what I spent for Spicer gears front and rear, this is reasonable including one locker. Can I ask why youā€™re not installing a front locker as well, since theyā€™ll be open anyway?
Because that was 5200$ lol and for what I will be doing a rear only should suffice. That will save money for everything else I want to do.

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
Put the locker in the front, Iā€™m assuming you have a factory trac lock in the rear?? If not I may have one for ya
No non max tow so I have open diff in rear. Where are you located? I have a buddy that said do a trac loc rear and lockers in front as well.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Because that was 5200$ lol and for what I will be doing a rear only should suffice. That will save money for everything else I want to do.
I think his point being if your only doing one axel and you already have a limited slip rear then you would see a greater gain in traction by installing the locker up front

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
My forum fingers are too slow this morning lol someone beat me to it

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Grounds manager
I think his point being if your only doing one axel and you already have a limited slip rear then you would see a greater gain in traction by installing the locker up front
I have open diffs in the rear.
Sponsored