First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
I have a 2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon that's stock at the moment. Got a quote from a local shop for a 2" lift and 37" tires and wanted to get your thoughts on it. I asked if the steering stabilizer needed beefed up at all with the 37s and they added the Steersmart. Not sure that's actually a stabilizer, but just started reading about that and if it's necessary. Drives straight as an arrow now without much play on the stock 33s. Also, another local shop said 37s would rub with the 2" lift, but from everything I'm reading on here, I don't think that's the case. Would appreciate any thoughts / input on this quote and adding / removing stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeep Gladiator Quote from a local shop to lift my 2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 10.17.23 AM
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Lift labor sounds reasonable to me. The tires with mounting and balancing looks high, and I would forego the Steersmart stuff, as you probable don't need it.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Lift labor sounds reasonable to me. The tires with mounting and balancing looks high, and I would forego the Steersmart stuff, as you probable don't need it.
Thats pretty much it right there. I doubt it'll have any vertical rub.

HydroWilllys

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I think that’s right on considering inflation. I’m in the tire biz, they’ve skyrocketed in price and some availability is scare. 5 tires at around $400, 5 wheels around $300 each. Everything looks fair, especially the labor. The mount and balance comes out to just $25 per - that’s good. I agree with the others.; Save the $500+ on the steersmart stuff. Edit: I just noticed it’s for 4 tires and wheels? Quote would be high for 4.. about right for 5.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Those costs are all a tad on the high side, but not horrible. I did a Steer Smarts track bar on mine because the axle wasn't centered from the factory, so it would only get worse with any lift.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Seems really hight to me. $110 hr labor. Mopar lift overpriced from the get go. Don't need the brace. I say YIKES and glad I do my own shopping and wrenching.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-ridge-grappler

Oh and I am of the opinion that if you don't do the work on your jeep you are missing the whole point of owning a jeep.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I agree with the prior responses posted on costs, etc. As far as rubbing, I have the Mopar lift on my JTR with 37" BFG's (hich actually measure close to 36"). You could expect some rubbing on extreme flex offroad. Otherwise, you'll have plenty of clearance. I went with the Fox steering stabilizer. Cheaper than what you were quoted, plus you can install it yourself in your driveway. Literally 2 bolts, and you don't have to jack it up, etc.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
1. The 2" Mopar lift on a Rubicon has enough clearance for the 37's, you'll be fine.

2. The Steersmart "Brace" that they are quoting I am assuming it's the adjustable trackbar since that seems like the price point for it. I'm a little concerned that they are calling it a brace and not an adjustable trackbar and even more concerned if you mentioned a steering stabilizer and they quoted you this as the two components aren't even connected. With the Mopar lift, you will probably, need an adjustable track bar to re-center the axle. I know I did and many others did as well, however there are some people on here that will tell you it's not needed.

2.5 (EDIT) Maybe the shop is referring to the SteerSmart steering box brace and not the adjustable trackbar. If that's the case, then it seems like they are adding something on without even knowing if it's a problem yet. I'd definitely ask for clarification on this.

STEER SMARTS Sector Shaft & Track Bar Brace for '18-Current Jeep Wrangler JL JLU | eBay

3. You will not need a steering stabilizer (shock) with this lift. If you buy one, you'll be buying it for looks mostly.

4. $230 to install an adjustable trackbar is stupid high. It doesn't take 2 hours. It's 2 bolts and some fine tuning adjustments.

5. Like others have said, tire prices are a little high but you're paying a little bit extra since the shop is getting them for you and that's even if they can get them (there's a shortage on 37" Ridge Grapplers).

6. Be prepared that it may never drive as straight as it did when stock. Every lift I've ever put on my Jeeps have made them pull a little one way or the other, even with perfect alignment specs and adjustable control arms, trackbar, etc. Again, there will probably be others chiming in saying that their Gladiator drives straight as an arrow for 50 miles with their hands off the wheel doing 80 mph down the highway but those are few and far between. I'm not saying it's going to go careening off the road if you let go of the steering wheel, but just be aware that it may take a little more effort (nudging) to keep it straight.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Seems reasonable to me, labor costs are what I would pay in the northeast, different locations may be lower. You could maybe find the lift for a couple hundred less from Amazon.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
4. $230 to install an adjustable trackbar is stupid high. It doesn't take 2 hours. It's 2 bolts and some fine tuning adjustments.
Agree 100%... If this is the adjustable track bar, they have to disconnect at least one side of the factory one anyway to get the axle to drop enough on the passenger side to get the springs in and give them room to maneuver the axle for the new LCAs. It's literally 2 bolts, 1/2 of which is included in the lift kit labor. Then (maybe) turning the turnbuckle to recenter the axle and tightening the clamps to keep it there.

I just put the MOPAR lift on my new JT myself last weekend. I ordered the Yeti track bar because my passenger tire is in line with the fender, but my drivers side sticks out. As others have said, it's maybe 1" or 3/4" but it made me nuts. Didn't have any effect on tracking/steering that I could tell, mostly aesthetics (and my OCD) 🤣

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Seems reasonable to me, labor costs are what I would pay in the northeast, different locations may be lower. You could maybe find the lift for a couple hundred less from Amazon.
✅ I got mine on Amazon for just over $1200...

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
6. Be prepared that it may never drive as straight as it did when stock. Every lift I've ever put on my Jeeps have made them pull a little one way or the other, even with perfect alignment specs and adjustable control arms, trackbar, etc. Again, there will probably be others chiming in saying that their Gladiator drives straight as an arrow for 50 miles with their hands off the wheel doing 80 mph down the highway but those are few and far between. I'm not saying it's going to go careening off the road if you let go of the steering wheel, but just be aware that it may take a little more effort (nudging) to keep it straight.
I was pleasantly surprised that the LCA's included with the kit put me at about 3.5 deg of caster. Factory spec is 4.8 +/- 1 degree, so not too bad. I also added the 1.5" Teraflex levelers at the front which could be the difference in "in spec" vs "out of spec" but I'm not sure how much 1 degree matters (I'm sure it does, just not noticeable for me)

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
(Edit) I guess steersmart is needed since the mopar lift is off center so to speak. Tires seem a little high to me, even if they are 37”.

and 37” will fit guaranteed with that 2” lift.

I paid 10% less than quoted because i had a coupon. Of course my tires are 35” and no labor since i put them on my self. But pice “includes” mounting and balancing.

Jeep Gladiator Quote from a local shop to lift my 2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon 6891D799-C184-49B2-9E19-74F0467D218E

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheTrailGeek

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
Thank you all for the feedback. I talked to another local shop this morning and they sent this over. Said the Mopar lift was overkill for what I was looking to do. The word "budget" scares me when it comes to mods on my Jeep. I've heard a lot of good about the ride improvement with the Mopar lift though which I wouldn't mind.

I'm a little concerned that they are calling it a brace and not an adjustable trackbar and even more concerned if you mentioned a steering stabilizer and they quoted you this as the two components aren't even connected.
Yeah, this had me worried as well. I was expecting the fox stabilizer or something like that.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 3.47.44 PM.png

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The word "budget" scares me when it comes to mods on my Jeep.
If you're already thinking this, then don't do the spacer kit. Do it right the first time and get the Mopar lift. You'll be happier with it in the long run, especially if what you're telling us that it will be for only mild off-roading. Also, with the Mopar lift, you won't have to worry about shock extension, geometry correction brackets, etc. Get the Mopar lift with taller springs, new shocks and new control arms, get an adjustable front track bar and pretty much call it a day. You'll be able to run 37's without issue. This is the exact same setup I had on my 2020 Rubicon Gladiator and it served me well except for one small issue of passenger side lean which might have been incorrectly installed springs.
Sponsored