Sponsored

Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Man, y'all are killing me with these posts. I'm beginning to wonder if mine is defective. LOL. I have only seen 22 mpg once. Averaging about 20 mpg with mixed driving.
Stock except for 35" BFG KM3's, and Tazer Mini to adjust tire size. Granted I only have a little over 1,000 miles on it, so hopefully it will improve as it breaks in.
Dunno. I've only got 1192 miles on mine.
Sponsored

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Ecodiesel
Dunno. I've only got 1192 miles on mine.
Honestly about what I’m seeing too after
Man, y'all are killing me with these posts. I'm beginning to wonder if mine is defective. LOL. I have only seen 22 mpg once. Averaging about 20 mpg with mixed driving.
Stock except for 35" BFG KM3's, and Tazer Mini to adjust tire size. Granted I only have a little over 1,000 miles on it, so hopefully it will improve as it breaks in.
Honestly about what I’m seeing too. I’m rolling on 35” Yoko Geo Muds.
2500 or so miles on mine.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase

Wupper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 80th anniversary
Occupation
Firefighter
Second day I have had it…22.8 and that is mixed driving, city/highway, AND ME PUNCHING IT A QUITE A FEW TIMES BECAUSE I LOVE THE ACCELERATION!!
And I LOVE THE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL.

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
I'm seeing 21.5-22.5ish on the regular with 37" and 4" lift. The diesel tends to shine on long hwy trips but I haven't been on one since I installed the lift and tires. My driving environment is mixed in a hilly area. I did do the necessary Tazer adjustments.

Sponsored

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
14.5 mpg towing this 6x12 that is 7.5' tall while driving 72mph. Its a brick wall for sure. I have Rubicon take off tires and 1.5" leveling kit on the front.
After 4000 miles I average around 22mpg with mostly highway/country road driving.

trailer.jpg

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
14.5 mpg towing this 6x12 that is 7.5' tall while driving 72mph. Its a brick wall for sure. I have Rubicon take off tires and 1.5" leveling kit on the front.
After 4000 miles I average around 22mpg with mostly highway/country road driving.

trailer.jpg
A Brick towin a Cement block will Not be too efficient !?? Thank God for wheels I got 25.1 on a 50 mile trip up to Newport-around town 23-24.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When y'all hand calculate at the end of a tank, is it 1-2 MPG lower than what the dash display shows?

That seems to be the case on the Ram trucks with the same powertrain. Dash is very optimistic.

Looks like there are only 10 people tracking their JT EcoD mileage in Fuelly. We need more! Although, the 22.8 average across those 10 Jeeps lines up really well with the JL and DT guys that have the same powertrain, and there are millions of combined miles on those now.

JTfuelly.jpg

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
When y'all hand calculate at the end of a tank, is it 1-2 MPG lower than what the dash display shows?

That seems to be the case on the Ram trucks with the same powertrain. Dash is very optimistic.

Looks like there are only 10 people tracking their JT EcoD mileage in Fuelly. We need more! Although, the 22.8 average across those 10 Jeeps lines up really well with the JL and DT guys that have the same powertrain, and there are millions of combined miles on those now.

Jeep Gladiator Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel? JTfuelly
Guessing Fuelly is an app?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Guessing Fuelly is an app?
It's a website, but it does have an app I think.

It relies on odometer readings and amount of fuel entered to do hand calculations and statistics for you. It's nice because it takes all the guesswork out and shows real world numbers rather than inflated claims like we typically see all over the internet.

I have found over the years that Fuelly averages for a particular vehicle will often be more accurate than the EPA window sticker ratings.

Sponsored

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate

I had used Fuelly on my JK but stopped using it when CarFax Car Car app included fuel efficiency tracker, same concept that it uses actual miles driven and actual gallons filled.

Jeep Gladiator Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel? 09F4CD3F-F078-4715-BE36-3842BD71DD5A

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
It's a website, but it does have an app I think.

It relies on odometer readings and amount of fuel entered to do hand calculations and statistics for you. It's nice because it takes all the guesswork out and shows real world numbers rather than inflated claims like we typically see all over the internet.

I have found over the years that Fuelly averages for a particular vehicle will often be more accurate than the EPA window sticker ratings.
Can't imagine it being any different than my input on my phone. It's still inputting the info by hand. Miles driven Ă· gallons put in. It just keeps track for you over the long term.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i didnt take that picture my copilot did but thanks dad!

23A95CBD-C469-469A-AF12-A1398281FA05.jpeg
I had a co-pilot taken pics of VC one day in a Huey when he shoulda been lookin around and We hit a tree and hacked a few inches off the rotor blade. Bouncy trip home!! And I didn't ever get a copy of the pic!
P.S.-THX for Not sayin Gramps!!

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday was my first long road trip since installing the 4” lift and 37’s. Cruise set at 70 mph from Florida to Indiana. Hand calculated was 23.5 mpgs. I’m pretty happy with this.
Jeep Gladiator Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel? 13376180-EFAC-4046-86A2-5F1B5DB4AC0E
Sponsored