Sponsored

Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel?

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Agreed....I miss the mileage on a tank of fuel. I could get 550-600 on a tank of fuel in my Canyon Duramax. I filled up north of Bowling Green Ky one fall coming home from an Ohio deer hunt and made it all the way to Monroe, LA before I had to fill up. I was about die for my bladder was about to EXPLODE! With my 3.6L JT, I never have to worry about my bladder on my annual Ohio hunting trips...I get maybe 1/2 if Im lucky that distance on a tank now. LOL
Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Agreed....I miss the mileage on a tank of fuel. I could get 550-600 on a tank of fuel in my Canyon Duramax. I filled up north of Bowling Green Ky one fall coming home from an Ohio deer hunt and made it all the way to Monroe, LA before I had to fill up. I was about die for my bladder was about to EXPLODE! With my 3.6L JT, I never have to worry about my bladder on my annual Ohio hunting trips...I get maybe 1/2 if Im lucky that distance on a tank now. LOL
I have the 3.6 as well. On trips I can get my distance till empty number up to around 530 but usually fill back up between a half and quarter of a tank. You never know when you're going to be stuck behind a wreck or other delay where you just sit for extended periods of time.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
When my Overland was new I would struggle to get 23mpg (winter also). Now I have 6000 miles, rubicon tires and front level kit and I get 25+mpg with mostly 75mph highway.

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
Up to about 1200 miles I was getting no more than 24.
At 5000 miles I average 28+ empty and 19-21 towing a 4500lb trailer.
Everything is stock.
If I practice "hypermiling" I can just about get to 31.
But it takes all the FUN away.

2aadvocate

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Model: 2021 Rubicon
Lift: Clayton Offroad 3.5 Overland
Tires: BFG KO2 37s
MPG: 20-21mpg mixed driving

Miles on Truck 3k which I hope as it increases continues to improve.

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I usually get 21-23 depending on what I'm doing. But my most recent trips average is in the picture below. This was fully loaded to live out of for 2 weeks. From TX to AZ, up through UT, CO, KS, MO, IL, IN, OH, PA. And then back down to TX. Mixed driving, mixed elevation up to 8,600ft, offroading, idling

20210627_171320.jpg

Kpunk'n

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator rubicon diesel
6800 miles on mine now, 22.7 mpg average city, highway, trails etc…. Love the power but thinking about a Banks Deringer.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Jeep Gladiator Real world MPG, what are you getting in your Diesel? {filename}

As of yesterday. Going on a longer trip tomorrow so we'll see what she does. Obviously not broken in yet all the way.

ETA - put 160 miles on today. Averaged 24.6 combined for the trip. Not upset about that at all. The mileage drops off pretty bad once you hit 75+ mph. This thing is a brick after all….

Last edited:

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
I get between 18-19MPG JTRD on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Mostly Hwy miles at ~80 MPH.

Sponsored

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I’m consistently getting 30 mpg. Fuel economy got better around 14,000 miles. Just completed a trip up to Vermont from North Carolina with 29.9 average.

I don’t hesitate to increase speeds to 75+ for passing but typically drive 65-70 in the travel lane. The fuel economy includes city driving and plenty of stop and go.

I have an Overland with upgraded tires to Bridgestone 275/70/18.

Tacos

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ECO Diesel
Occupation
Metal Pattern Maker
My GF's Grandpa had my Golf TDI for a week so I took "Maximus" to work for the week 30 miles 1 way all highway I got up to 27.5 average. 7,000 miles on it seemed to get better after 4,500 miles

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
I wrote this in another thread ;

I am so impressed with a the diesel, after 1250mi of in city stop and go traffic, to break in the engine, I finally got her on the road.

Pure city, stop and go heavy throttle to load engine and help braking = 23mpg

Phoenix AZ to Albuquerque to Hatch to Tucson and back to Phoenix (almost 1000mi) 70-75mpg = 30.6mpg … amazing!

Now, this engine has taught me some things, the engine after 75, mileage tanks, even 75 is a little more thirsty than 70.

This engine seems overall more efficient with solid load to accelerate to speed then cruise, city mileage dips if your gentle on the pedal lightly accelerating to cruising speed.

If the engine can pull some serious inclines at 70mph in 8th gear, impressive …

Having owned 4 TJ/LJs with manual 4.0s I really appreciate the diesel power! Compared to my 2 JK 3.6 and 1 JK 3.8 manual and gladiator 3.6 manual (see a pattern???) this 3.0 diesel blows their doors off without spinning past 2000rpm.

BTW: I have been dosing with hotshots EDT.

I almost do not want to install 35’s and a mopar lift, as I am blown away with the power, smoothness and efficiency of this power plant … 3.6 naysayers can keep their squirrel powered jeeps

4MOTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 2021 ECD ) A90 Supra, Kia Niro
I wrote this in another thread ;

I am so impressed with a the diesel, after 1250mi of in city stop and go traffic, to break in the engine, I finally got her on the road.

Pure city, stop and go heavy throttle to load engine and help braking = 23mpg

Phoenix AZ to Albuquerque to Hatch to Tucson and back to Phoenix (almost 1000mi) 70-75mpg = 30.6mpg … amazing!

Now, this engine has taught me some things, the engine after 75, mileage tanks, even 75 is a little more thirsty than 70.

This engine seems overall more efficient with solid load to accelerate to speed then cruise, city mileage dips if your gentle on the pedal lightly accelerating to cruising speed.

If the engine can pull some serious inclines at 70mph in 8th gear, impressive …

Having owned 4 TJ/LJs with manual 4.0s I really appreciate the diesel power! Compared to my 2 JK 3.6 and 1 JK 3.8 manual and gladiator 3.6 manual (see a pattern???) this 3.0 diesel blows their doors off without spinning past 2000rpm.

BTW: I have been dosing with hotshots EDT.

I almost do not want to install 35’s and a mopar lift, as I am blown away with the power, smoothness and efficiency of this power plant … 3.6 naysayers can keep their squirrel powered jeeps

I can Honestly say that with my 35's and wider wheels.
I hand calculate 26.6 mpg.

And prior to that, in stock form, I was getting 28.7 mpg, at 70-75 mph highway.

This is with HPR diesel from Propel. This engine performs great on this fuel.
https://propelfuels.com/our_fuels
Sponsored