First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Rummie, I think it would be better to get that welded back together redrill it then put the MC brace on, give more support to the brace and the brace is a short slot not a hole, so possible play then perhaps……Jack

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thinking about cutting the old brackets off and just going with the MC braces. Thoughts? Putting them on next week.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement i-b9jXkRJ-X3
I would probably reweld the oem one and then use the reinforcement bracket as well.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Got mine on this weekend. Wanted to paint them with some bedliner, but said hell with it and just slapped em on. I ended up ditching the heat shield on the drivers side, didnt want to fiddle with it.

The bolts I was sent were actually the wrong thread pitch for the OEM bracket, so I tossed em and re-used the ones that were in there. Overall Im pretty happy with them though, the guys at MC called me on the phone when I ordered and discussed the backlog with me, were really cool and answered some questions I had about other parts, etc.

I really wish it came in black, but Ill live with it. Will be covered in mud half the time anyways. Im happy to have the extra support on the rear end. Sway links didnt get thrown out of alignment or anything. Seems legit.

Sponsored

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
The supplied bolts don't thread into the factory location. Is the intention to drill out the factory threads and have a bolt through application? Or are the bolts just incorrect?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Their photos show an older model. The threaded boss on those might have been m12x1.75 like many of the other m12 bolts.

Could also be that these were initially designed as a fix for the broken mounts and just ended up being used for reinforcement as well.

I have no idea, but my truck is a 2021 and I ordered the m12x1.5 bolts mentioned in the other thread. Plan on swapping the bolts tonight.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The supplied bolts don't thread into the factory location. Is the intention to drill out the factory threads and have a bolt through application? Or are the bolts just incorrect?
The kit has the wrong bolts. They're a standard thread, not a metric thread.

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their photos show an older model. The threaded boss on those might have been m12x1.75 like many of the other m12 bolts.

Could also be that these were initially designed as a fix for the broken mounts and just ended up being used for reinforcement as well.

I have no idea, but my truck is a 2021 and I ordered the m12x1.5 bolts mentioned in the other thread. Plan on swapping the bolts tonight.
I also have a 2021. My factory bolts were long enough, but with my Clayton Lift kit i had to remove the aluminum spacers on my swaybar links and replace them with washers so I still had thread engagement. This is temporary until I get some longer bolts.
Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement IMG_5252.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement IMG_5653.JPG

Sponsored

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Question, what did you torque them to ?

I used one hand on the rachet for the small bolts. I used 2 hands for the big ones.

FWIW, I used the stock bolts to reattach the sway bar link.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Did anyone with the wrong bolts read the instructions?

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rear-sway-bar-reinforcement.56763/post-947925

Look back at posts on page 5. There have been different bolts sent out with these.
My take is these were designed to replace ripped off OEM mounts; my bolts didn't match stock thread, and weren't long enough to go through stock nut and the metalcloak nut. My setup was all jacked up from before but ideally I would've gotten longer bolts that fit the stock OEM nuts. I still suspect those pressed in nuts are weaker even with the metalcloak brackets, so I liked the idea of putting the metalcloak nut on behind it. So I needed bolts long enough to go through two nuts.

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone with the wrong bolts read the instructions?
I did now if that counts! I still need longer bolts to use the aluminum spacers on my Clayton links.