First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Jeremy, Just checking in on your progress on the first production run. I'm interested!
Thanks -
Sponsored

Hoss63

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2016 Grand Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just seen that JCR is making a replacement for the factory nonlockable . About 1/2 the cost of replacing with the factory lockable one.

Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
There are three options now that Iā€™m aware of.

JRC - Available now I think. .120 steel, looks like most of the JRC stuff.
813 - Doing their first run right now. Aluminum, really smart locking mechanism.
? - I canā€™t quickly find the other brand (will update if I see them again). Looked steel, had a metal cover instead of using the seat.

Iā€™m waiting for the 813 run right now, learned my lesson already. Aluminum is the way to go :)

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired

813 - Doing their first run right now. Aluminum, really smart locking mechanism.
? - I canā€™t quickly find the other brand (will update if I see them again). Looked steel, had a metal cover instead of using the seat.

Iā€™m waiting for the 813 run right now, learned my lesson already. Aluminum is the way to go :)
My JCR is arriving tomorrow, will install this weekend and post an update.

EDIT - Installed today, a few notes:
1) Very sturdy - steel! Excellently packaged
2) Assembled with only one issue - the lock bracket.
Jeep Gladiator Rear under seat storage box brkt

The mount holes did not align with basket mount holes. After hammering and Dremeling it was installed. Later, when the seats were lowered I noticed the pin did not engage the hole, so more dremeling to make that work. To be honest, a lot more adjusticizing than I expected (or desired). PRO TIP: as installing the lock and bracket is basically step #1, thoroughly check it at that time for proper operation and engagement. It's much easier to do it then rather than after the basket is installed.
3) Installed the divider which makes a nice barrel holder šŸ˜‰
Jeep Gladiator Rear under seat storage box IMG_20210313_150752

4) In my opinion, although the basket is fairly robust, the weak link is the locking assembly, the small pin, which barely engages the bracket probably won't stand up to much of a pry attack between the seat and basket. In fact, depending on how much you may/may not need to deform the bracket in order to install it, the pin might not engage with the bracket at all. It should extend fully through the bracket for maximum security.
Jeep Gladiator Rear under seat storage box lock

I'll be looking for something a little more robust for the locking assembly and will post and update when I do.
5) Athough the basket seems very secure, another potential attack vector could be cutting through the seat, a possibility which could be thwarted via attaching sheet metal panels to the bottom of the seats (something I'm considering).
6) Haven't secured the seat cover bottom retainers yet, looking for an easy way šŸ˜Æ

Hope this helps, feel free to reach out with any questions. Many thanks to JCR for the Vets Discount and install video šŸ‘šŸ‘.

Last edited:

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They both (JCR/813) look really good.

@Kindafearless why do you prefer aluminum? Just the weight?

Regarding locks, I definitely am out of my depth here, but I wonder if there would be some way to modify the top locking mechanism to lock the bottom in. Obviously it would have to require some additional pieces, but like a flat metal piece that goes down the length of the top seat portion with an extension of the top lock, etc.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
They both (JCR/813) look really good.

@Kindafearless why do you prefer aluminum? Just the weight?

Regarding locks, I definitely am out of my depth here, but I wonder if there would be some way to modify the top locking mechanism to lock the bottom in. Obviously it would have to require some additional pieces, but like a flat metal piece that goes down the length of the top seat portion with an extension of the top lock, etc.
Weight and corrosion. I use/abuse the heck out of my stuff, and I like being able to nick things and sand them off in 6 months after a little oxidation, instead of being paranoid about rust :/

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition

Hi Everyone, we are back on here now. Without being a sponsor we weren't able to comment on our products. I agree, we make everything in aluminum because 90% of all steel parts I have every put on my Jeeps developed rust. We hate rust!

almonster

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm waiting to see if ROAM or Pelican will come out with a solution. As for AR, get a Gen3 folder for it so the buffer tube can fold over.

Doc B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2006 Buick ,2002 GMC 2500 HD & 6 Harleys
Occupation
Retired HVAC Mec.