Sponsored

Recall and Stop Sale on Certain 2020 Gladiators For Bad Driveshafts

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Check the Drivers door jamb

data tag.JPG
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Wonder if that will entice dealers to move those not included at a better rate so they can keep sales going.

Likely the opposite. Less to sell = make more off what you do. Best to order what you want and get 13-14% off msrp

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
They don't have artisinal craftsmen assembling drive lines.

A truck pulls up to the dock and a fork lift unloads them from a supplier who in all likelihood pays somebody $8.75 an hour to assemble them. $9.25 an hour if they speak English and have a green card.
This isn't even close to accurate.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Not showing under my JeepWave account or Vin# recall check, but still concerned there is more to come.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
I guess this is part of the first-year shakeout of a new model then. When you think about all the parts in a vehicle, there is a lot of potential for things to go wrong. Based on my record of owning a JK the last 7 years, FCA has been pretty forthcoming with any discovered issues and made a point of supporting their product fairly. It's not the expectation of making a flawless product that defines a good company, it's how you handle and communicate issues that are discovered.

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If i ordered my jeep a couple weeks ago and it was built last week and final inspection done will the past recalls be fixed already? Like on new builds do they fix old recalls

Sponsored

DAKINE

First Name
DAKINE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR RUBICON
My Gladiator is currently being serviced for a broken front axle. No parts available, waiting for the whole front axle to be replaced. Been down since Sep 1. I'm sure this affected mine - but it is not on the recall by VIN. Hopefully none of you owners have to go through this.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
From Autoblog.com (and several others):

"The NHTSA predicts that only 5% of the affected trucks experienced issues, but FCA isn’t taking any chances and is offering a free replacement of the entire rear driveshaft at no cost to the customer. So far, six warranty claims have been filed but there are no reports of failures, accidents, or injuries from the recall."

So, if I'm reading this correctly... out of a total of 3,427 Gladiators being recalled, if only 5% are affected that's roughly 171 Gladiators that will actually need the driveshaft replaced under this recall.

Since my Gladiator is part of this recall, I wonder if my dealer can inspect it now to determine if the driveshaft is indeed defective BEFORE and regardless of FCA having the repair parts available? If it is determined to need replacement, I may elect to not drive it until the parts are available and my Gladiator is repaired. @JeepCares

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
My Gladiator is currently being serviced for a broken front axle. No parts available, waiting for the whole front axle to be replaced. Been down since Sep 1. I'm sure this affected mine - but it is not on the recall by VIN. Hopefully none of you owners have to go through this.

What?! What happened?

DAKINE

First Name
DAKINE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR RUBICON
What?! What happened?
Not really sure what happened, never got to take it off road. All 1500miles on it have been highway. Driving on the highway just felt a jerk with a popping sound up front. Truck then started bucking every so often. Had to get it towed to the dealer. No sensor lights came on. Dealer thought it was a faulty sensor, they replaced it, truck was still bucking. So they decided to replace the whole front axle. Luckily jeep wave has been taking care of my rental - but I know my truck will never be the same.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
I guess this is part of the first-year shakeout of a new model then. When you think about all the parts in a vehicle, there is a lot of potential for things to go wrong. Based on my record of owning a JK the last 7 years, FCA has been pretty forthcoming with any discovered issues and made a point of supporting their product fairly. It's not the expectation of making a flawless product that defines a good company, it's how you handle and communicate issues that are discovered.
Except when it comes to the manual jumping out of gear then they act like they never heard of it yet it’s all over the net
Sponsored