Regear Time Frame? Is 3 weeks enough?

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
So basically I was wondering how long it took for you to hit 500 miles and break in the gears.

I'm going to another state on February 17 and plan to go wheeling while there. I have an appointment for a regear on January 23 as it was the soonest they could do.

Is that enough time to hit 500 miles and have them check everything? Or should I wait until I get back and just suck it up with my 3.73s on the trip?
Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
I mean if you really want it to be so exact, then why not take a nice long weekend drive. 8/9 hours and you have the miles you are trying to hit. Or split it up, there are at least 2 weekends that you can drive the gladi with time for them to check, order and fix anything betwewn the 5th and the 17th Feb. Should be plenty of time

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I mean if you really want it to be so exact, then why not take a nice long weekend drive. 8/9 hours and you have the miles you are trying to hit. Or split it up, there are at least 2 weekends that you can drive the gladi with time for them to check, order and fix anything betwewn the 5th and the 17th Feb. Should be plenty of time
I thought I could only drive it for 15ish miles under 60 MPH or so for short periods of time before the 500 miles

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I did it in 3 days as I had a camping trip the following weekend and needed to get it over with. First night when I brought it home I did the heat cycles for front and rear. Once the heat cycles were out of the way, I had a nice 8 mile loop with only right turns that I could drive and just did it over and over again for a few hours a night after work. The last of the 500 miles I did on the way back to the installer.

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I did it in 3 days as I had a camping trip the following weekend and needed to get it over with. First night when I brought it home I did the heat cycles for front and rear. Once the heat cycles were out of the way, I had a nice 8 mile loop with only right turns that I could drive and just did it over and over again for a few hours a night after work. The last of the 500 miles I did on the way back to the installer.
Oh wow. Maybe I misunderstand exactly what to do in the first 500 miles..

You said front and rear. Do I need to use 4WD to break in the front?

Sponsored

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
I did it in a weekend. Drove 20 miles let it cool off drove 20 miles home let it cool off x2 so you’re roughly 80 miles in . Same thing again but 40 miles x2 so roughly 240 miles at this point. Then took it easy no romping on the gears or fast pull offs for the remaining 260 miles. Occasionally pulling over and letting it cool down about 20 ish- 30 ish minutes. Took it back to the shop on Monday had them inspect and replace the fluid and all was good to go.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I hit 500 miles in 4 days when I had my JKU regeared. I had 1500 miles on my JT in 8 days so you can hit 500 miles in a few days, you got plenty of time after the regear, Just drive it.

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Thanks everyone. You've been super helpful! Is there anything I should watch out for or bring up to the shop when I go?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I did it in two days over the weekend. I planned a trip out of town to a offroad store and took the back roads. Visited friends I haven't seen in a while. By Monday, I was back at the shop with them taking a look at it. Lol
Sponsored