Rock Rails Thread

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not even sure what I would take the wrong way.

I've had a few AEV vehicles over the years and am used to companies showing or talking about new products that either take years to actually hit the market or never come to fruition. I'll be surprised Rock Slide Engineering doesn't show something at SEMA this year, but not surprised if it never makes it to market. The only reason I contacted them was to find out why they used an extension (which I thought was a lazy solution). After them explaining they had done it for a future improvement, rather than just being lazy, I was once again excited about the product and will be ordering a set very soon.
Seemed lazy to me and a way for them to up sell us. Hopefully I'm wrong and it gives more overall function than an additional 15" of step. Like maybe a catapult for big 40" tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
For the record... I’m still here ;)

Just that I’ve been spending a lot of time on product development... :bandit:
Photos or it didn't happen!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Photos or it didn't happen!
I know I know... I'm being too shy maybe. I'm not sure when is a good time to debut...
I do think this week is it - at least for my piece of it. I'll post a new thread by Friday. That's my self-imposed deadline! or else!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know I know... I'm being too shy maybe. I'm not sure when is a good time to debut...
I do think this week is it - at least for my piece of it. I'll post a new thread by Friday. That's my self-imposed deadline! or else!
Don't be shy. Most people on here are encouraging, and if not they'll keep their negative comments to themselves,which are not constructive.

My wife heard a wine seller at a party say "Don't yuck on others yum." I like that. I'm sure whatever you're cooking up will be sweet.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thanks for the tag!

At this time we don't have an ETA for this item from Bestop.

CassieAtBestop

85AF8A2C-65BB-48A0-A7E4-340BC174CCC0.jpeg

Hey @Jeepers! if you are interested in a bed step then you should check out the AMP Research step. I have an AMP step on order. I also believe that Bestop may be working on a bed step. Adding @BestopTeam for their comments.

pcwilson

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL and Gladiator
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
07E84695-EB3C-40B1-97C0-E2AB8ACC6E8A.jpeg
Has anyone had an issue with RSE steps not fully closing? Is there a way to adjust them or is this a warranty claim?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Probably a stupid question, why do the JL ones not work for Gladiator? Length different?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
god I wish.....
EDIT: Just emailed them again.
Every time I convince myself to pull the trigger on the NFab Epyx, I go back to how much I like the ROAM, and also the Fab Fours. Wish the fab wasn’t so obsurdly priced

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every time I convince myself to pull the trigger on the NFab Epyx, I go back to how much I like the ROAM, and also the Fab Fours. Wish the fab wasn’t so obsurdly priced
I emailed [email protected] again and he said I was on the JT waiting list and he would email me when something new happens......Sad, I haven't looked at the fab fours or Nfab Epyx yet, might take a peak, but Roam caught my eye straight away.

EDIT: Nope NFAB boohoo compared to roam if you ask me. Fab Fours do look nice, but damn that price! However i'm wondering what the Roam ones with slider panels underneath will cost. Probably around the $1200 mark too.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I emailed [email protected] again and he said I was on the JT waiting list and he would email me when something new happens......Sad, I haven't looked at the fab fours or Nfab Epyx yet, might take a peak, but Roam caught my eye straight away.

EDIT: Nope NFAB boohoo compared to roam if you ask me. Fab Fours do look nice, but damn that price! However i'm wondering what the Roam ones with slider panels underneath will cost. Probably around the $1200 mark too.
I keep thinking I want really nice running boards like roam vs drop steps like N-Fab. Oh this issues of buying a brand new vehicle, aftermarket needs to keep up!

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
This....all of this! Every time i go to pull a trigger on any sliders or side steps, i see this thread and love the way the Roam rails look. And equally like the Fab Four's, but they're so damn much. However, if the Roam's are going to be about the same price, well then id rather spend money on the Roam than Fab Fours.
Sponsored