Rock Rails Thread

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
If anyone is interested, I installed the ACE sliders this past weekend. They angle up slightly and extend a little over 4" from the side. They can be installed with the existing stock rock rails in place.

a3xEtxd.jpg

bJYG8TR.jpg
I'm bouncing between Ace and Rock Hard, the pics help a lot. Thanks for posting!

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO

Sperron

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep ladiator Sport S
Those look great and for the price point you can't beat it. I personally would still choose my Rock Hard 4x4 sliders simply because of the way the rails attach to the brackets on the Go RHino ones. YMMV.
I would rather the RH4x4 also but my ride is black and I'm worried about rock chips and trying to keep it fairly clean in wet weather. I like the idea of having a plate on top of the rails to help stop rocks and wet road grime. Plus it will help as a step for the short people

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I would rather the RH4x4 also but my ride is black and I'm worried about rock chips and trying to keep it fairly clean in wet weather. I like the idea of having a plate on top of the rails to help stop rocks and wet road grime. Plus it will help as a step for the short people
Short people don’t get to ride in mine if they can’t get in unassisted, lol. I get what you’re saying though. You could always op for the paint protection film.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
here are the cad drawings of their Gen 3 ones coming later this year to JL, hoping JT gets them straight away.
"
180448.png

180446.png

180445.png
180443.png
180444.png

180440.png

180447.png
neat, prototype done, Expensive $1499........OMG the OPTIONAL skid plates, wonder what that bent piece of steel will cost......they said end of september shipping for JL peeps. Maybe I will, maybe I won't be buying these. Dang pricey.
mk3-stainless-steel-roam-jl-rock-rails-0001-2560x1366-jpg.jpg

mk3-stainless-steel-roam-jl-rock-rails-0002-2000x2000-jpg.jpg

mk3-stainless-steel-roam-jl-rock-rails-0003-2000x2000-jpg.jpg

mk3-stainless-steel-roam-jl-rock-rails-0004-2000x1366-jpg.jpg

From JL Forum - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-steps-rock-sliders.16018/page-44#post-822817
"Apologies everyone for slow replies - we're still in the middle of moving to a new location which will have better everything and hopefully won't be too long before everything's back to normal.

But here's an update on the MK3 ROAM JL Rock Rails - pictured in 316 stainless steel and with the (optional) integrated skid plates installed. We're probably going to start with/release the stainless steel versions first before general availability of all of the other MK3 variants. Stainless steel pricing is currently TBA (website pricing is a placeholder) but should also be finalized soon.

316 Stainless is pictured but eventually other stainless variants will be released along with plated or E-Coated versions. All projects currently involving titanium, maraging stainless, and boron steel are currently on hold until the OSHA related permits are all transferred over to our new facility correctly. Projected ETA is before the end of September.

Thanks,

Andrew"

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
We have two options. Our Classic Slider that bolts onto the body mounts and pinch weld and our Crusader that mounts to the body mount and body. Both are designs that we have tested extensively, and both offer a ton of protection from rocks, trees, and the occasional shopping cart.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/category/JTSld.html

JTSL-CL2_4.jpg

JTSL-CRL_3.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
We have two options. Our Classic Slider that bolts onto the body mounts and pinch weld and our Crusader that mounts to the body mount and body. Both are designs that we have tested extensively, and both offer a ton of protection from rocks, trees, and the occasional shopping cart.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/category/JTSld.html

JTSL-CL2_4.jpg

JTSL-CRL_3.jpg
Love the crusader sliders! I will be getting a set of these once my axles go in :piggybank:

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone have concerns about rails that mount to the body and the pinch welds? I think I had read in this forum to avoid rails that mount to both the body and the frame. Is the pinch weld considered the body or the frame? Thanks!

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have concerns about rails that mount to the body and the pinch welds? I think I had read in this forum to avoid rails that mount to both the body and the frame. Is the pinch weld considered the body or the frame? Thanks!
The pinch weld would be body. I plan to utilize the pinch weld holes as well as the mount point on the floor. I'm just waiting for parts to get pushed through the shop.
Sponsored