Sponsored

Rock Rails Thread

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
glad bar.png
glad hanger.png

Coming up with my draft. Final pipe material is yet to be determined, hangers will be 1/4 plate.

Anyone have some dimensions as far as their over all length? I don't want to over run and I don't want to be to short, any insight on actual step placement would be appreciated as well.

Anyone know off hand what size bolt is needed for the welded nuts at the under side mounting points?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
glad bar.png
glad hanger.png

Coming up with my draft. Final pipe material is yet to be determined, hangers will be 1/4 plate.

Anyone have some dimensions as far as their over all length? I don't want to over run and I don't want to be to short, any insight on actual step placement would be appreciated as well.

Anyone know off hand what size bolt is needed for the welded nuts at the under side mounting points?
might, MAYBE have more luck in the official measurements thread, but I know those questions havn't been answered there yet.

Deleted member 23202

Yup, that’s how I felt about it too. It’s not “necessary” but I think would make the product look more complete if it followed the length of the cab.
Yeah, I thought they would be the best of everything. You know.. get your cake and eat it too. But that cake is way too expensive. Especially, when it isn’t a full-length, one piece skid for the price.
However..... I love these things in this video. They are RSE with the steps and slider armor. They remind me of the JK Teraflex rails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I'll be ordering the RockHard 4X4 ones when they are released. I had them on one of my JK's and they were really nice.
Did you ever get these. I ordered some on Wednesday of last week and they were suppose to arrive today. Unfortunately the freight company lost the pallet and they have no idea if they are in Pennsylvania or Kansas right now. Very displeased.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Rock Hard 4x4 sliders, angled up. (They have a down angle model available as well). Hardest part of install was removing factory body mount bolts. A few issues with shipping due to the carrier but Chad at Rock Hard said he would make things right.

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I have had RockHard 4X4’s rails on my other Jeeps and loved them. They do an exceptional job with their packaging so they arrive in flawless condition,Their powder coating and welds are high quality, and they are easy to install. Can’t wait to get mine

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Yeah, I thought they would be the best of everything. You know.. get your cake and eat it too. But that cake is way too expensive. Especially, when it isn’t a full-length, one piece skid for the price.
However..... I love these things in this video. They are RSE with the steps and slider armor. They remind me of the JK Teraflex rails.
Dammit. I had removed RSE from my list due to the price but those look so good and I need a step badly for the kids and wife. Ugh.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I have had RockHard 4X4’s rails on my other Jeeps and loved them. They do an exceptional job with their packaging so they arrive in flawless condition,Their powder coating and welds are high quality, and they are easy to install. Can’t wait to get mine
I love mine. They fit what I want/need for my JT. I like the AMP/RSE power steps but can not justify the price for end use. Great thing about building these, we get to do it OUR way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So i was thinking I'd get the AMP or RSE, but they're a lot of money and I can get into my unlifted JT with the "oh shit handle" just fine. Thinking i'm getting the roam frame mounted rails, BUT......

has anybody heard if they're even available yet? @ROAM

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Has anyone tried drilling and tapping the rubicon rails for a removable steps? Seems like a waste to remove them and too much weight to add the ACE sliders below

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
If anyone is interested, I installed the ACE sliders this past weekend. They angle up slightly and extend a little over 4" from the side. They can be installed with the existing stock rock rails in place.

a3xEtxd.jpg

bJYG8TR.jpg
@NovaGladi8or May I ask for the link to the site? Or part/sku numbers?

Thanks,
Carl

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon