First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
This....all of this! Every time i go to pull a trigger on any sliders or side steps, i see this thread and love the way the Roam rails look. And equally like the Fab Four's, but they're so damn much. However, if the Roam's are going to be about the same price, well then id rather spend money on the Roam than Fab Fours.
Watch the roam rails come out right before the holidays. Looks like my family is getting wendy’s chili coupons for XmasS :giggle::giggle:
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Hey Wendy's has/had a tasteful Chili Baja Salad....dayyummmm
I would be thrilled to get wendy’s Gift cards for Xmas. Spicy nuggets for daysssss

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
here are the cad drawings of their Gen 3 ones coming later this year to JL, hoping JT gets them straight away.
"
180448.png

180446.png

180445.png
180443.png
180444.png

180440.png

180447.png
Are those screen shot of cad I am trying to find a modeled gladiator for some at home fab work to send to the water jet and rock out some upgrades do you have access to a model you can share or know who I can reach out to

Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Are those screen shot of cad I am trying to find a modeled gladiator for some at home fab work to send to the water jet and rock out some upgrades do you have access to a model you can share or know who I can reach out to
Looks like a 3D scanned model. I’m betting Roam did it themselves.

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
I tried the search and really didn’t see anything. Has anyone purchased the MOPAR performance rock rail yet? If so can you post some pics of the top and underside? Rightly trying to get a feel of what kind of protection they provide as well as how much of a “step“ there is.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Had some progress on my steps made. The shop finally got someone on the brake and we made our first hanger. Noticed that there is some variance in a couple of the hanger locations and we'll have to massage the part in a couple locations. Overall satisfied with the outcome. Looking forward to having them fully assembled, hopefully the next couple weeks.
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a stupid question, why do the JL ones not work for Gladiator? Length different?
The JL are short from the front fender to the rear door they fit and I believe bolt on but you are left with about 12-16" bare spoot to the end of the cab.

Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
From the JL forum,
"We've just picked up our Gladiator. Subsystems like the aux fuel system will go first but we'll definitely have a set of our JL Rock Rails for the JT ready to go in not too long."

Our JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted) and our JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are actually two different product lines, and while the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps are powdercoated, the ROAM JL Rock Rails are e-coated and then powdercoated.

Our E-Coat process is an industry first (within the US) and is rated for >2500hrs+ in a corrosion test chamber and should beat any other surface coating technologies currently used in the market. While there have been a small percentage (between 1 and 2 percent so far) of users whom have experienced some surface rust on the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted), to date, there has been no reports of anyone with a production set of our JL Rock Rails whom have experienced any rust issues because our JL Rock Rails are E-Coated. This is because the E-Coat process is not only significantly more resistant to rust altogether, but also because during the E-Coat process, the entire structure of our JL Rock Rails is submerged and then rotated for 100 percent coverage. The E-Coat solution itself is also far more environmentally friendly than powdercoating; E-Coat solutions in general are also inherently more inert than powdercoating and is not sacrificial in nature."
Yay!
GoRhino Dominator D6 Rails

BC3CDBCD-D35D-481E-BA42-76805B81102E.jpeg

0B57758E-83FF-41D2-AE65-131CB2F10CC4.jpeg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Had some progress on my steps made. The shop finally got someone on the brake and we made our first hanger. Noticed that there is some variance in a couple of the hanger locations and we'll have to massage the part in a couple locations. Overall satisfied with the outcome. Looking forward to having them fully assembled, hopefully the next couple weeks.
imagejpeg_0.jpg
can you fab up more? =)

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
can you fab up more? =)
Lol not sure how long you would have to wait I've had them in the shop now a couple months. :LOL: I do some occasional design work for them so I am getting these made at an extreme discount. Just the lead time is the biggest hang up.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol not sure how long you would have to wait I've had them in the shop now a couple months. :LOL: I do some occasional design work for them so I am getting these made at an extreme discount. Just the lead time is the biggest hang up.
I can wait until @ralphjjr comes up with something.

I like the Amp research rear step, but it's useless if the tailgate is down.

ScaleRCCrawler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Subaru XV Crosstek
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Just installed the ACE sliders the other day, the wife and little ones LOVE them since they can now get up in the JT. They make a great step.

96243CBD-CBC3-4D03-8E2B-501FB2DFC670.jpeg

8A64F11D-61C5-4066-A588-DEE5CE021650.jpeg

4C7C7458-48A2-4DA0-9D9B-BB00EE69B837.jpeg
Sponsored