Sponsored

Rock Rails Thread

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The optional boat side "skids" are not available yet from my understanding. I have their steps on my JL(Soon to be my wife's when my gladiator arrives). I'm excited to see what they come out with for the gladiator. :beer:
20190612_213026~2.jpg
Where's Maul going?

Yes, I've been at this long enough that I was looking at Wranglers and pretending they had beds. You guys have great Jeeps!
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Where's Maul going?

Yes, I've been at this long enough that I was looking at Wranglers and pretending they had beds. You guys have great Jeeps!
Thanks!

Maul has a new home already. My wife is driving our F350 around until my Gladiator arrives. She will be keeping the Rubicon, otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to get the Gladiator :beer:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Thanks!

Maul has a new home already. My wife is driving our F350 around until my Gladiator arrives. She will be keeping the Rubicon, otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to get the Gladiator :beer:
Nice! Everyone wins!

What do you have coming?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Nice! Everyone wins!

What do you have coming?
Nothing yet :headbang: I sent my build sheet to my dealer on Saturday only to be informed they are not allowing affiliate discounts on the Gladiator(We were expecting the same % below Invoice as our JL's)
I'm deciding on what options to remove in order to get to the pricing I was hoping for. Or wait for Gator which would be my #1 color choice and hope they accept affiliate discounts at that point.

But the base build is a Sting Gray automatic(for the tow capacity) Rubicon. :beer:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Nothing yet :headbang: I sent my build sheet to my dealer on Saturday only to be informed they are not allowing affiliate discounts on the Gladiator(We were expecting the same % below Invoice as our JL's)
I'm deciding on what options to remove in order to get to the pricing I was hoping for. Or wait for Gator which would be my #1 color choice and hope they accept affiliate discounts at that point.

But the base build is a Sting Gray automatic(for the tow capacity) Rubicon. :beer:
Good stuff. Gator was my first choice too but couldn't bear the wait, manual black Rubi coming.

I'll keep an eye out as you build.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Good stuff. Gator was my first choice too but couldn't bear the wait, manual black Rubi coming.

I'll keep an eye out as you build.
I wish they didn't neuter the tow capacity on the manual or that would have been my choice as well. I think I will miss the manual from the JL more than anything else.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Damn, those ACE sliders have doubled in price since I put them on my '12 JKU.

JeeperCreeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Semi-retired
I know.... I was looking the other day and was shocked by how expensive they've gotten

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I know.... I was looking the other day and was shocked by how expensive they've gotten
Coming from several JK's I was also shocked at the "JL Tax" on most aftermarket components. It's sad that it hasn't come down much and is now carrying over to the Gladiator. Maybe it's all these Tarrif's on import steal...:headbang:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Seems many have used the ACE sliders in the past. How did they hold up? Any rust issues? What about the fact that they are body mounted? Did the lack of frame mount cause any damage? I like them because they are not a big obvious step however my family will use them as steps, that is part of the reason why I wanted frame mounted, however these ACE sliders are my favorite design based on looks.

Sponsored

JeeperCreeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Occupation
Semi-retired
Seems many have used the ACE sliders in the past. How did they hold up? Any rust issues? What about the fact that they are body mounted? Did the lack of frame mount cause any damage? I like them because they are not a big obvious step however my family will use them as steps, that is part of the reason why I wanted frame mounted, however these ACE sliders are my favorite design based on looks.
My ACE rock rils are frame mounted, not body

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
My ACE rock rils are frame mounted, not body
Just got an email back from Ace, the rock rails for the JT are body mounted (maybe a change from the JK version). So back to my original questions, how does Ace powder coating hold up? Should I be concerned about body and not frame mounts? Especially if they will be used for a step, they don’t look like they stick out to far from the mounts so I don’t think stepping on the would cause to much of a torque issue on the body mounts?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Would the OP or anyone on the 1st page be able to keep a running list of the sliders they find?

Like a one stop shop for all things Gladiator slider.
I spose I could do that. It'll take a couple beers to complete that.... I meant days, the fingers typed beers. Guess im thirsty.