Sponsored

Rock Rails Thread

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly. The "box" part looks bigger, so it might account for more material. I'm always super suspicious when they don't give you material thickness. But for what you said you want them to do, they seem perfect. And half the price of most others.
You have a valid point there about the boxed section & its got me looking real close at them both. The JCR are 2x2" & the Body Armor are 2x3" So that would account for more weight there. The tube part though is 1.75 on the JCR & 1.5 on the body armor so that would lean it the other way. Zooming in on the pics it also appears that the BA 2x3 may just be at the rear end & closer to the 2x2 for the majority of it. And the parts of flat stock that are visible look to be fairly substantial, but no way to tell if that carriers through or if its just the mounting flanges that are that thickness.. I'm interested now though so I may go ahead & just drill a hole in the bottom of one of the box sections just to get a measurement & then weld it back up. In the end for what I feel that I need I honestly think I could of gotten away with the standard nerf bars and been good so your right they seem like they will be perfect for my use.

Edit: I just looked at the same steps for other jeeps & its listed as 3/16". I wouldnt think they would downsize for the longest ones.
Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Today I swapped out my Go Rhino Dominator D6 Running Boards for some rubicon rock rails. We all liked the D6’s just fine but like many of you, can’t leave well enough alone! I like how the rubi rock rails are curved to snuggly follow the body which has way more curvature than I realized but loose the step that made it easier for our 6yr old. Getting in and out for full sized adults with the D6 rails was either like stepping into a cockpit or rubbing the back of your leg trying to bypass the step because they are 6” wide. They did however deflect just about anything the tires kicked up and would like be more protective against other car doors. If anyone is interested in the Go Rhino Dominator D6 Running Boards I’d be willing to sell them for $350 local pick up/ meet up in central/ northern california.

C42997D4-ABA7-433B-AE89-EBD491AB4EB1.jpeg

17EED36B-BDE8-48E7-909B-6E4D35B930AF.jpeg

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Today I swapped out my Go Rhino Dominator D6 Running Boards for some rubicon rock rails. We all liked the D6’s just fine but like many of you, can’t leave well enough alone! I like how the rubi rock rails are curved to snuggly follow the body which has way more curvature than I realized but loose the step that made it easier for our 6yr old. Getting in and out for full sized adults with the D6 rails was either like stepping into a cockpit or rubbing the back of your leg trying to bypass the step because they are 6” wide. They did however deflect just about anything the tires kicked up and would like be more protective against other car doors. If anyone is interested in the Go Rhino Dominator D6 Running Boards I’d be willing to sell them for $350 local pick up/ meet up in central/ northern california.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 17EED36B-BDE8-48E7-909B-6E4D35B930AF

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 17EED36B-BDE8-48E7-909B-6E4D35B930AF
3154C2B4-ECED-4230-A614-E74DD8A6077B.jpeg

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I love the downward angle Rock Hard rails. I think those will definitely be my pick. I've had Iron Cross on my Canyon and they definitely would not take a strong hit. Iron Cross is local to me but the steps were not remotely in the correct place on the Canyon. I was always stepping on the very side of the step getting out.

Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
If my wife tried that (she's 5'-4") she'd probably end up in the hospital :LOL:!

I like the design of these, but would be concerned that a rock could damage the steps when off-roading. Otherwise nice looking product.

Affirmative. Could you get a close up of the front of the rail from the side. I've got mud flaps installed and I think these will fit right up against them but want to make sure.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 7D550C0D-79F6-42D8-BD81-C02B190EA26B

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 7D550C0D-79F6-42D8-BD81-C02B190EA26B

Still haven't decided on angle up/down. Like the look of the angled up slightly better (remind me of the ACE sliders), but the angled down would probably be better as a step (for the wife, I'm tall enough that it wouldn't matter either way). Decisions decisions!
Here’s a few close ups of the front fender I have on my phone...

let me know if that is what you were looking for

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread CE85ABA3-4056-4928-90A0-C42B1472DC93

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread D00875B4-3DCA-4D0B-AF29-24C22C45385A

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
After trying the DV8, and them not working out for me, I wound up with these Rusty’s Offroad frame-mounted sliders.

7D550C0D-79F6-42D8-BD81-C02B190EA26B.jpeg
Do these follow the contour of the pinch rail or are they straight? It's hard to tell from the website photos. I believe the shrockworks silders are straight and it's what's causing me to hold off on them.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Do these follow the contour of the pinch rail or are they straight? It's hard to tell from the website photos. I believe the shrockworks silders are straight and it's what's causing me to hold off on them.
The lower bar has a bend, and contours to the pinch seam. The upper bar is straight. Interesting note, if you haven't been under your Jeep to look, the pinch seam and the body contour are not on the exact plane. The pinch seam is straight except for one bend. The body contour is continuous.

Nevadabackroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geologist
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the install video of those and the installer mentions that there are 'three' bolts to remove and then reattach. But my Gladiator has four bolts attaching the Rubicon rock rails. Is there a fundamental difference between the Rubicon and other Gladiator models in the way the rails attach?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the install video of those and the installer mentions that there are 'three' bolts to remove and then reattach. But my Gladiator has four bolts attaching the Rubicon rock rails. Is there a fundamental difference between the Rubicon and other Gladiator models in the way the rails attach?
I believe they are different bolts. The ace rails use the body mount bolts where as the factory sliders have there own bolt locations.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Here’s a few close ups of the front fender I have on my phone...

let me know if that is what you were looking for

Perfect. Thanks!
What mud flaps are those?
Got them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081CF7DKM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rear ones went on easy. Fronts took a little figuring out as not all existing plastic rivet/fastener holes lined up. Once I figured out where I needed to drill new holes the install went smoothly. I tucked part of the flap under the stock fender liner for a cleaner look. Toughest part was actually just jacking up and removing the 35" tire!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Got them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081CF7DKM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rear ones went on easy. Fronts took a little figuring out as not all existing plastic rivet/fastener holes lined up. Once I figured out where I needed to drill new holes the install went smoothly. I tucked part of the flap under the stock fender liner for a cleaner look. Toughest part was actually just jacking up and removing the 35" tire!
does the driver front really have that half mood like cut-out?
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1589223379434
Sponsored