First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
Mechanical Design Engineer
No bag deployment! I’m guessing that was because the speed was pretty slow and there wasn’t a major front impact.
Sponsored

same_O_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave; 2008 JKU (RIP)
When I rolled my JK, my insurance agent said they almost always total a vehicle if it was involved in a rollover crash. In fact, they didn't even send anyone to look at it. They just asked me questions about the damage and processed it as a total.

Mine looked a little worse than hers though 😋

Jeep Gladiator Rolled Jeep today, but everyone is safe! Repair or total loss? PXL_20201113_153220240

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Total, then buy back and build the crap out of it? :)

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
It’s probably worth consulting an attorney sooner rather than later, even without injuries. You may have a claim against the jurisdiction that maintains the road (or not). Also, squeeze every cent out of insurance. They do it every chance they get.

Of insurance totals it and the road is fully up to code, you might be out an extra $200. If insurance plays games or the road isn’t to code, you not only might save thousands, it might prevent someone else from having a not-so-lucky prognosis in a similar incident.

I moved to a new state/area that is renowned for poor road maintenance 2 years ago. Shortly after the move, before my plates were swapped, they tried to take advantage of an out of tow we with a bullshit ticket. I ended up doing some research and came across the DOT signage guidance, which this state has absorbed. For good measure, I went around one day and documented all the other sign/maintenance issues just on my road.

Needless to say, the ticket got thrown out (though they did push me to settle for a non-moving first, which I declined) and our road main in my areahas significantly improved, after a letter with documentation andproperly cited sources was sent to the county supervisors.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
If it is fixable I'd consider getting it painted in a unique color that's non-stock. I'm even thinking about doing that with mine. I love the Sting Gray but there's a lot of them out there that look just like me. LOL

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
OP: The road I live on looks like that, but yours has a little bit more pavement outside the lines. I'd take the advice given to take the Jeep and have it evaluated first.

It’s probably worth consulting an attorney sooner rather than later, even without injuries. You may have a claim against the jurisdiction that maintains the road (or not).
Ours is a very highly regarded road, with the median home value somewhere north of $800k... The only wrecks we get are either impaired drivers, young drivers or people that don't live down our road... and all of those typically exceed the limits. I would never sue the county because the road is 'unsafe'... county needs that money to repair and improve the roads. Don't make my taxes go up, or take away funds to make improvements to the road I live off of because you drive like an ass...

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
OP: The road I live on looks like that, but yours has a little bit more pavement outside the lines. I'd take the advice given to take the Jeep and have it evaluated first.

Ours is a very highly regarded road, with the median home value somewhere north of $800k... The only wrecks we get are either impaired drivers, young drivers or people that don't live down our road... and all of those typically exceed the limits. I would never sue the county because the road is 'unsafe'... county needs that money to repair and improve the roads. Don't make my taxes go up, or take away funds to make improvements to the road I live off of because you drive like an ass...
I’m glad for you, but not all areas are like that. Mine is a very affluent area too. Very similar to what you describe. Our road happens to be a convenient shortcut that google has discovered over the last , so we are starting to see a fair amount of non-locals and commercial vehicles spending though.

the county has plenty of money, but prefers to spend it giving tax rebates or outright purchasing lands that are attached to the homes of wealthy individuals that wouldn’t ruin their views anyway. To do this, they brag about having underspend budget on roads by millions each year., despite some of the worst roads in the state.

Add to that a local law enforcement that won’t leave the parking lot unless it’s an out of town plate, even when locals are complaining about the dangerous commercial traffic.

At The end of the day, my approach is to make it easier(and cheaper) to do the right thing. Sometimes that means suing the local govet me t that isn’t doing its job. If you feel guilty, donate the funds back to the county, earmarked for roadwork. Just one of many ways to drive accountability in our government.

Lots of assumptions I’m making about this road though. For all I know, it’s the cleanest, most well posted road in America, with plenty of guard railing and other safety protocols.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I've seen the bodies totaled for less.

Then you said it ran WOT until died, so I"m guessing the engine is gone too.

My guess, total loss...

More importantly, glad the mises is Okay.

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
I would guess total loss. I do have a question for you about the road, is it county, city or state maintained? It looks like that road needs a guard rail and you could potentially go after the local government that maintains it for there not being the guard rail. Just something to look into in making them pay for the damages. Glad the family is ok and just a little shook up!
hahahaha. thats right, we def need more guard rails in life. More Gov too!!

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I was an insurance adjuster. The final decision is how much we would have to pay out. the final decision is repair cost to value. Having worked for insurance companies the bottom line is the bottom line. Whatever costed us the least is what it will be even if someone says it is repairable from the mechanics perspective. So if it is cheaper to total than repair we would total it and visa versa.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I’m going with total loss here. Had a buddy roll his JLUR and drove it home. Took a bad line with no spotter. Came home and removed his supercharger, 40s all suspension stuff back to stock. Insurance totaled it out just for being on its roof.
It drove better than most stock cars even after the rollover, but something about being on its lid was the deciding factor.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It’s probably worth consulting an attorney sooner rather than later, even without injuries. You may have a claim against the jurisdiction that maintains the road (or not). Also, squeeze every cent out of insurance. They do it every chance they get.

Of insurance totals it and the road is fully up to code, you might be out an extra $200. If insurance plays games or the road isn’t to code, you not only might save thousands, it might prevent someone else from having a not-so-lucky prognosis in a similar incident.

I moved to a new state/area that is renowned for poor road maintenance 2 years ago. Shortly after the move, before my plates were swapped, they tried to take advantage of an out of tow we with a bullshit ticket. I ended up doing some research and came across the DOT signage guidance, which this state has absorbed. For good measure, I went around one day and documented all the other sign/maintenance issues just on my road.

Needless to say, the ticket got thrown out (though they did push me to settle for a non-moving first, which I declined) and our road main in my areahas significantly improved, after a letter with documentation andproperly cited sources was sent to the county supervisors.
I worked in insurance arbitration, etc. Attorney will not take it. We are dealing with a single car accident and no injuries…basically property damage to property that is insured. There is no injury and unless the driver has substantial monetary loses or the insurance refuses to cover the accident, there is nothing to recover for the driver in the form of a civil suit. Attorneys could care less about trying to increase the amount paid to a driver for a totaled vehicle. maybe small claims for out of pocket deductible but driver would do that himself. Attorney will not take it. property damage will be handled by the insurance company. if insurance pays everything, he would not have a claim for the car against the jurisdiction, the insurance company would. what would happen is the insurance company would subrogate against the jurisdiction for a recovery of a portion of what they paid to the driver or repair shop.

Sprinkler-Fitter

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Installed fire sprinklers (retired)

So basically just blame somebody else instead of taking the blame yourself?

Is that what this world coming to? We can hold up to our own mistakes?

I hit a deer where there was no deer crossing sign, should I sue my state or my county I live in?

Those deer should know they can only cross where there’s a deer crossing sign.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
With a family member in the insurance game for over 40 years, it has been mentioned to me that the repairs to a vehicle after an accident need to exceed 70% of the value of the vehicle (determined by the insurance company) to be considered a total loss.

Although it was never mentioned what year this JL is, after reading the description of the event, my uneducated guess is that you will be shopping for a new vehicle.

Glad to hear that all survived okay! :)
Sponsored