Sponsored

Roof leak in back

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Showed up to my appointment today and they had no clue I was there for my top but offered to change my oil for $200. I specifically stated I wanted my top looked at but they told me I had to schedule another appointment. Over it at this point. Feels intentional. No more dealer visits for me, they are worthless. I’ll either pay someone else to fix it that actually warranties their work or buy a soft top I’ve been wanting. Or trade it in and get away from Jeep.
How did you schedule the appointment? If you did it online through a dealer appointment app portal, stuff like this gets lost because many dealerships actually contract out their window leak detection to a third party glass shop that has to be setup in advance.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For things other than normal service, I talk to a person on the phone (or contact my sales guy who puts me in touch with someone and makes sure it gets followed up on - I suspect he wants my next Jeep purchase)
I talked specifically about my broken body bolt with a service advisor.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Well I was good for a little over 2 years and 20k and the common water leak occurred during a storm today. Calling the dealer tomorrow, weatherstripping like the others till resolved.
Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 1686183239185

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Well I was good for a little over 2 years and 20k and the common water leak occurred during a storm today. Calling the dealer tomorrow, weatherstripping like the others till resolved.
Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 1686183239185

New rear window scheduled to be installed Teusday 6/20 in the afternoon. Less than 10 days from initial visit to return for repair, not to bad from what Ive been reading. Hoping its a clean job and NO top damage. Will follow up with photos upon completion ...

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
New rear window scheduled to be installed Teusday 6/20 in the afternoon. Less than 10 days from initial visit to return for repair, not to bad from what Ive been reading. Hoping its a clean job and NO top damage. Will follow up with photos upon completion ...
Take before pics for your own record so any damage they cause can be easily proved đź‘Ť

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Take before pics for your own record so any damage they cause can be easily proved đź‘Ť
Mine goes in tomorrow and I plan to do a video of the inside/outside. Hate to be like this becuse I would never puit something damaged out of my shop, but reports have been way to common here.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Mine goes in tomorrow and I plan to do a video of the inside/outside. Hate to be like this becuse I would never puit something damaged out of my shop, but reports have been way to common here.

Gentleman ... You are both 100% correct and will be doing the same! Thanks!!

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gentleman ... You are both 100% correct and will be doing the same! Thanks!!
You may want to flip your rear seat backs forward to make sure they cleaned up all the broken glass and do all your inspections before signing and accepting the vehicle back

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You may want to flip your rear seat backs forward to make sure they cleaned up all the broken glass and do all your inspections before signing and accepting the vehicle back
Lucky I have a goosegear plate and I took everything out of the back to make mine easier on them. I figure if you want the best outcome, better make it easy on the tech to do his job? That said, it will probably end up with a bunch of glass in places that neither of us could get with without emptying the storage area underside?

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
More prep tonight......Both times my truck has been in possession of another shop for service, someone has used my Rockslides for a step and scratched the power coating.

I just don't understand how someone can not care about damaging someone else's property? I'd whip my employee with a big extension cord if they pulled this shit

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 20230615_202440

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
More prep tonight......Both times my truck has been in possession of another shop for service, someone has used my Rockslides for a step and scratched the power coating.

I just don't understand how someone can not care about damaging someone else's property? I'd whip my employee with a big extension cord if they pulled this shit

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 20230615_202440
If your blue tape sign was not there and I was a mechanic, I would say it looks like a step for stepping on. I can see why it happens.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If your blue tape sign was not there and I was a mechanic, I would say it looks like a step for stepping on. I can see why it happens.
Beat me to it again. it's a step - even when asking those who own them "hey, can you stand on those" they'll say yes.
It looks like a step.
I figure if my standing on them to clean the windshield or the roof means they get worn looking, I'll buy some of that black non-slip stuff to put on the tops.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Beat me to it again. it's a step - even when asking those who own them "hey, can you stand on those" they'll say yes.
It looks like a step.
I figure if my standing on them to clean the windshield or the roof means they get worn looking, I'll buy some of that black non-slip stuff to put on the tops.
It's a nice semi smooth powdercoat.....not bed liner or grip tape so I not step on them and especially not a client's rig. I have used them as a step, but make sure there are no rocks/mud on my shoes before doing so or I put a rag down.

I am apparently more anal than normal and must have a higher level of respect and care for someone else's hard earned property that normal it seems. The glass guys that did the windshild must have had something on thier boots and ground my powder coating down. They is why I put the note on there......

One time I had the boss bring a nice Benz around to the back shop for me to do a quick tire repair. I noted there was an oil smudge on the floor mat when I brought the car back out front, but I didn't do it, so I didn't clean it..... I looked out there a few mins later and I saw a really well dressed woman in heels was on the ground trying to clean her floor mat........I quicky ran out and offered to clean it for her! From that point on, I either note damage OR clean up anything that a person might think was done in the course of business/repairs and I instruct my employees to do the same after telling them my story.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's a nice semi smooth powdercoat.....not bed liner or grip tape so I not step on them and especially not a client's rig. I have used them as a step, but make sure there are no rocks/mud on my shoes before doing so or I put a rag down.

I am apparently more anal than normal and must have a higher level of respect and care for someone else's hard earned property that normal it seems. The glass guys that did the windshild must have had something on thier boots and ground my powder coating down. They is why I put the note on there......

One time I had the boss bring a nice Benz around to the back shop for me to do a quick tire repair. I noted there was an oil smudge on the floor mat when I brought the car back out front, but I didn't do it, so I didn't clean it..... I looked out there a few mins later and I saw a really well dressed woman in heels was on the ground trying to clean her floor mat........I quicky ran out and offered to clean it for her! From that point on, I either note damage OR clean up anything that a person might think was done in the course of business/repairs and I instruct my employees to do the same after telling them my story.
Having worked in a shop that serviced IHP vehicles, where one of the troopers kept white gloves in the glove box (not kidding) and before he got in the vehicle after we were done, he put on those gloves and ran his hands over door handles, steering wheel, windshield, etc. and they'd better come back white....... and where the boss took great pride in his customer's vehicles, you don't get in and out of a customer vehicle with dirt anywhere on you when dealing with a customer car. I keep sheets and towels in my shop. I grab any sheet or towel my wife throws away - nice to protect seats and floors.

I tend to treat the vehicles of others beyond what I treat mine. They aren't mine and I'm totally 100% responsible for them going back better than received.
But I do step up on my steps - not with muddy gritty shoes, but they get stood on.
I keep rags on a shelf next to where I park my JT - and fender covers in the cabinet next to those.
I do my best to keep my foot from touching the rocker panel - paint, that's harder to fix once messed up.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Having worked in a shop that serviced IHP vehicles, where one of the troopers kept white gloves in the glove box (not kidding) and before he got in the vehicle after we were done, he put on those gloves and ran his hands over door handles, steering wheel, windshield, etc. and they'd better come back white....... and where the boss took great pride in his customer's vehicles, you don't get in and out of a customer vehicle with dirt anywhere on you when dealing with a customer car. I keep sheets and towels in my shop. I grab any sheet or towel my wife throws away - nice to protect seats and floors.

I tend to treat the vehicles of others beyond what I treat mine. They aren't mine and I'm totally 100% responsible for them going back better than received.
But I do step up on my steps - not with muddy gritty shoes, but they get stood on.
I keep rags on a shelf next to where I park my JT - and fender covers in the cabinet next to those.
I do my best to keep my foot from touching the rocker panel - paint, that's harder to fix once messed up.
Now even I feel white gloves is excessive! If you work in a shop that provides that kind of service, they better be billing for and delivering it!

I think yo hit the nail on the head with treating like your own......In my case that's a good thing! If the tech treats his 40yo POS Geo Metro horribly by stacking garbage in the floorboards, spitting chew on the floor, and sliding across the hood like Bo Duke....we have a BIG problem!

I have an over the hood creeper so that I don't have to lean over a fender or painted grill if possible. The 3rd get Rams come into the shop regularly with the AC condenser having bent fins where a person was standing on the front bumper hood open while servicing them bend them with their shoes rubbing them. Never happen in my shop........
Sponsored

Last edited: