Sponsored

Roof leak in back

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I dropped by in December. They verified it leaks and I’m still waiting for the parts.

i have called and checked in still back order.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand people not getting that there's a universal problem with getting parts for almost ALL makes. Impatience isn't the key and it won't solve anything. It's not Jeep and making demands for Jeep to get a part for YOU because you are inconvenienced (the people here stating "they need to pull a part from the factory to fix MY truck) is beyond - well, it's hard to describe.
Wake up, look at the news, get real - this is not a conspiracy, this is not made up by some mysterious powers, it's not a money grab and it's not "just you".

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/nbc-5-r...ts-shortage-leads-to-delayed-repairs/2829541/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...itting-u-s-garages-creating-weeks-long-delays

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/10/car-dealerships-face-parts-shortage-and-workforce-challenges/

I could post 20 more....................
No one is picking on anyone and we need to get beyond our worlds. There's shortages of truck drivers (and some countries won't let drivers in that aren't vaccinated), there's shortages of workers, there's all sorts of supply chain troubles. Some shops are very short on people. My wife just told me that her quilting friend, a truck driver, was exposed to someone with covid - they are in quarantine because he came home and she was exposed to him. And another friend of hers who was going to come pick up a quilt my wife did - can't come until next week because she was exposed - that means that woman can't work. So there's people we know stuck at home, can't work and that's one truck driver off the road for a while.

Jrmotorsports55

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Appraiser
I handle vehicle repairs for an insurance company and will validate that part shortages are a HUGE problem right now. I have had cars sit 6 months waiting on OEM parts.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I don't understand people not getting that there's a universal problem with getting parts for almost ALL makes. Impatience isn't the key and it won't solve anything. It's not Jeep and making demands for Jeep to get a part for YOU because you are inconvenienced (the people here stating "they need to pull a part from the factory to fix MY truck) is beyond - well, it's hard to describe.
Wake up, look at the news, get real - this is not a conspiracy, this is not made up by some mysterious powers, it's not a money grab and it's not "just you".

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/nbc-5-r...ts-shortage-leads-to-delayed-repairs/2829541/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...itting-u-s-garages-creating-weeks-long-delays

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/10/car-dealerships-face-parts-shortage-and-workforce-challenges/

I could post 20 more....................
No one is picking on anyone and we need to get beyond our worlds. There's shortages of truck drivers (and some countries won't let drivers in that aren't vaccinated), there's shortages of workers, there's all sorts of supply chain troubles. Some shops are very short on people. My wife just told me that her quilting friend, a truck driver, was exposed to someone with covid - they are in quarantine because he came home and she was exposed to him. And another friend of hers who was going to come pick up a quilt my wife did - can't come until next week because she was exposed - that means that woman can't work. So there's people we know stuck at home, can't work and that's one truck driver off the road for a while.
Agree. Shortages are everywhere. Try to buy primers for reloading bullets. I haven't seen any since covid started. You might find them on GunBroker, and they want both kidneys and both balls.

RJA

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
New to this thread. I have a 2020 JT with build date of July 19. I am taking mine into the dealership this afternoon for the second time for the leak fix. The first fix was last June (2021). Fixed the leak for about 7 months. Discovered the new leak in Dec. of 2021. So, there is either a design flaw with the top and/or with the glass assembly or the manufacturing process is flawed. Hoping this third glass will work permanently (greater than 13 years). thankfully, my JT is still under warranty but will run out later this year. The new glass installed last year was/is factory glass installed by a glass company (not the dealership). The warranty work on this vehicle is getting old.

Sponsored

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Ram TRX
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
So, the Dealership doing my repair is telling me I have to take my bed cover off and remove all my tools from the bed.

I have pointed out the hard top comes off in less than ten minutes and I think its unreasonable to expect me to remove my bed cover and a ton of heavy tool bins.

Is there some reason this repair can only be completed with the top on the Jeep? Am I being unreasonable here?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So, the Dealership doing my repair is telling me I have to take my bed cover off and remove all my tools from the bed.

I have pointed out the hard top comes off in less than ten minutes and I think its unreasonable to expect me to remove my bed cover and a ton of heavy tool bins.

Is there some reason this repair can only be completed with the top on the Jeep? Am I being unreasonable here?
I speculate their instruction data has them doing it with the top on the vehicle. Taking it off and they having to find bench space and support the forward end of the top probably is is problematic.

While it is a pain for you to remove your tools, probably is a pain for them to remove and do it off the vehicle. If me and wanting a satisfactory repair, I would accommodate their request.

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
I speculate their instruction data has them doing it with the top on the vehicle. Taking it off and they having to find bench space and support the forward end of the top probably is is problematic.

While it is a pain for you to remove your tools, probably is a pain for them to remove and do it off the vehicle. If me and wanting a satisfactory repair, I would accommodate their request.
You may be right, but they also called and told me this the with an hour of daylight left here and they want it dropped off tomorrow at 8am.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
You may be right, but they also called and told me this the with an hour of daylight left here and they want it dropped off tomorrow at 8am.
I had to do the same when I had my glass replaced last year. I had to remove my bed rack and tonneau cover before the dealer, and the glass company they worked with, would replace the glass.

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
I had to do the same when I had my glass replaced last year. I had to remove my bed rack and tonneau cover before the dealer, and the glass company they worked with, would replace the glass.
I get that, I really do, but they had over a week from scheduling the appointment to let me know that. Its unreasonable to call the evening before drop off and spring it on me. At least in my opinion. Either way the whole thing turned into a disaster, the scratched the hard top really bad getting the old piece out and ended up having to repaint it. They also messed up my interior trim pieces and had to order more.

Sponsored

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
I get that, I really do, but they had over a week from scheduling the appointment to let me know that. Its unreasonable to call the evening before drop off and spring it on me. At least in my opinion. Either way the whole thing turned into a disaster, the scratched the hard top really bad getting the old piece out and ended up having to repaint it. They also messed up my interior trim pieces and had to order more.
I agree, the timing on their part wasn't good. I had much more lead time. I hope the dealer makes your rig as good as new, and you don't have any more leaks.

AlohaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Add me to the list. 4/2021 date so almost made it a year of being built. I have less than 3,000 miles. Not pleased considering I paid top dollar for ceramic tint and I do not have covered parking. @JeepCares

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 038F8786-F2B6-44F5-AD1E-B40F1C5D6485

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Can add me too. Had our first heavy rain yesterday since I got the gladiator. It was not much of a leak.

Has anyone tried flowable silicone windshield sealer? I have used it very successfully on windows in the past. I am still under warranty but with how these repairs seem hit or miss and my overall hatred for dealing with service departments I am looking at alternatives. I may just squish some weather stripping in there.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Add me to the list. 4/2021 date so almost made it a year of being built. I have less than 3,000 miles. Not pleased considering I paid top dollar for ceramic tint and I do not have covered parking. @JeepCares

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 038F8786-F2B6-44F5-AD1E-B40F1C5D6485
Can add me too. Had our first heavy rain yesterday since I got the gladiator. It was not much of a leak.

Has anyone tried flowable silicone windshield sealer? I have used it very successfully on windows in the past. I am still under warranty but with how these repairs seem hit or miss and my overall hatred for dealing with service departments I am looking at alternatives. I may just squish some weather stripping in there.
Thanks for the tag, XJFanatic and AlohaTx. If either of you have dealer appointments set for repair and need assistance, please separately private message our team more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

AlohaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the tag, XJFanatic and AlohaTx. If either of you have dealer appointments set for repair and need assistance, please separately private message our team more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Messaged as requested as I don’t have a lot of faith in this dealer.
Sponsored