First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Once you get the trailer on it, would like to hear how it holds the gears. I've got a JTRD right now on 35's, stock suspension (but am looking at some stiffer options), and will be towing a trailer about the same size as yours up 6-7000' mountains this summer. Eying if a lift and 37's might be in the future, but might require a re-gear to 4.10. At least by then there should be a bunch of 4.10 rubi take-offs available ;-)
Sponsored

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
Just spent a week in Death Valley . Hundreds of miles offroading,, crawling etc. 37s were absolutely no problem with stock gears. By the way Truck held 8th gear easily on 6% grades pulled 9% in 7th. My truck just turned over 8 k miles no issues.

Woolf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptors
I'm on 38s, and the jeep feels fine on the freeway. Wind is definitely the killer with these. Honestly the only reason I would want to regear is to help the jeep feel a little peppier from a start. To me the lag of the turbo diesel is more emphasized with the larger tires. Is it horrible, no. Would I like it to be able to boil the tires from a start, YES! The reasonable side of me thinks it will likely stay this way, at least until someone regears and gives a positive review...

Tguerrero

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ive been crawlin with my 37s stock gears and the diesel just chuggs along no problem. I have a bed rack Roam Vagabond rooftop tent. 12k Badlands Apex I get 24mpg.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
spun my 37s today on dry pavement pulling out of a parking lot by mistake.. LOVE the ecodiesel!

Sponsored

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
Ive been crawlin with my 37s stock gears and the diesel just chuggs along no problem. I have a bed rack Roam Vagabond rooftop tent. 12k Badlands Apex I get 24mpg.
Currently on a road trip to TX from FL. 37s and stock gears cruise set at 70mph, 23.5 mpg over the last 1200 miles.

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
I’m on 37” milestar pats so they are on the smaller size of many 37’s. While completely driveable and the truck shifts into 8th gear, I definitely feel like it would feel great with some 4.30 gears if/when nitro makes them. I think more than that would be too much gear and 4.10’ are hard to justify Unless you can get low mile take offs and install them yourself. Then you also need to factor in losing your warranty.

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
I’m on 37” milestar pats so they are on the smaller size of many 37’s. While completely driveable and the truck shifts into 8th gear, I definitely feel like it would feel great with some 4.30 gears if/when nitro makes them. I think more than that would be too much gear and 4.10’ are hard to justify Unless you can get low mile take offs and install them yourself. Then you also need to factor in losing your warranty.
I have noticed in high wind and on grades it will downshift to 7th, other than that 8th gear no problem

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
I have noticed in high wind and on grades it will downshift to 7th, other than that 8th gear no problem
Its just not optimal. Taking off from a stop its slower, passing it doesn't have as much response etc. Gearing helps, just depends on if the benefits are worth the time effort and money.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Occupation
Retired AF
AEV Conversions is running a JL with 37s on their JL370, which was regeared to 4.56. 15000 miles of running it so far, and they achieve 24 MPG with it

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I'm on 38s, and the jeep feels fine on the freeway. Wind is definitely the killer with these. Honestly the only reason I would want to regear is to help the jeep feel a little peppier from a start. To me the lag of the turbo diesel is more emphasized with the larger tires. Is it horrible, no. Would I like it to be able to boil the tires from a start, YES! The reasonable side of me thinks it will likely stay this way, at least until someone regears and gives a positive review...
I had a similiar experience in last last truck, going from 35's to 37's.. I added a bully dog GT and that fixed it.. wonder if a peddle commander do other devise would help the gladiator as well?

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
@ssteve Starts from a stop and passing feel like stock to me, the torque and power is still impressive with stock gears, I mean it's not like my 5.0 mustang, it's a jeep.
Sponsored