Rubicon fender swap

LJ357

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the tazer mini, but either will work to enable LEDs.
As far as the DRL function, do you have the max tow package?
The standard sport (non Max tow) are not set up for DRL and as far as I know you have to make or buy the light wiring harness (I believe it comes in the full LED headlights kit) to make it have DRL

mine is a Max tow so I already had DRL and didn't have to make any additional changes other than enabling LEDs

As for them "not working" on a sport, they fasten to the body correctly and they are marketed as a flare kit(not a lighting kit) so technically they are what they say.
Thanks for the reply Tim! Mine is the Sport S Package not Max Tow. So the only way to make these work on my JT is to buy the light wiring harness?? I already purchased and had the dealer install the LED Headlights, they added the sales code in the computer and everything worked fine. DRL Halos on the headlights work fine.
Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I'm in Boston, so not a huge problem with beach sand. Road salt/sand is another story..
I might pull them out...i had one come halfway out from not getting it deep enough in the groove.
That was another reason... plastic trim tools helped but the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze in the end

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Thanks for the reply Tim! Mine is the Sport S Package not Max Tow. So the only way to make these work on my JT is to buy the light wiring harness?? I already purchased and had the dealer install the LED Headlights, they added the sales code in the computer and everything worked fine. DRL Halos on the headlights work fine.
If you already have the led kit installed then as far as I know (I'm not positive) the wiring should be installed already. Maybe your dealer is overlooking something?

Worst case they could just run the DRL wire for the fenders to the halos circuit

LJ357

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you already have the led kit installed then as far as I know (I'm not positive) the wiring should be installed already. Maybe your dealer is overlooking something?

Worst case they could just run the DRL wire for the fenders to the halos circuit
I'll ask about this. Thanks once again Tim!

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'll ask about this. Thanks once again Tim!

The LED kit does include the wiring for the DLR's for the non DLR models..
BUT it has to be wired separately for the Jeep. *it's not plug and play.
I've read of owners doing an LED swap and not wanting to hassle with the DLR wiring.
The wiring if I recall has to go the fuse box by the battery.

As bigred97 mentioned, the Max Tow is already wired for the DLR's so it's plug, program and play.

I think the errors you are getting might be related to the DLR's not being wired.
I think I read that also in posts for the JL's swapping to LEDs.

Good luck getting this working correctly...

CG...

Sponsored

LJ357

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The LED kit does include the wiring for the DLR's for the non DLR models..
BUT it has to be wired separately for the Jeep. *it's not plug and play.
I've read of owners doing an LED swap and not wanting to hassle with the DLR wiring.
The wiring if I recall has to go the fuse box by the battery.

As bigred97 mentioned, the Max Tow is already wired for the DLR's so it's plug, program and play.

I think the errors you are getting might be related to the DLR's not being wired.
I think I read that also in posts for the JL's swapping to LEDs.

Good luck getting this working correctly...

CG...
Thanks for info!! Much appreciated!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Thanks for sharing the pics and info Tim. New JT owner here and I ordered these exact flares using the part number you provided. Just spent 7 hours at the dealership and they still can't get the LED DRL's and turn signals to work correctly on my JT Sport S Edition. If you try to use the turn signals you get a "turn signal bulb out" and the DRL's do not come on unless you actually turn the lights on. So disappointed right now. Could you tell me which taser you used and the process to add the LED turn signals and DRL's? Dealer stated they would purchase the taser to make the problem right. It's funny because when I ordered these there was nothing stating these would not work on a Sport S Edition, the parts manager even double checked. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
larry
Larry, I have done the exact thing on my JL Sport and sad to say the dealer will be of no help getting these to work right, there are many members on the JL side of the forum who can attest to this. All is not lost as it is an easy fix using a Tazer or the JSCAN app. Look in the JL forum lighting section and the programmers section for info. Less than $100 to fix this with the JSCAN app.
Gregj

LJ357

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Larry, I have done the exact thing on my JL Sport and sad to say the dealer will be of no help getting these to work right, there are many members on the JL side of the forum who can attest to this. All is not lost as it is an easy fix using a Tazer or the JSCAN app. Look in the JL forum lighting section and the programmers section for info. Less than $100 to fix this with the JSCAN app.
Gregj
THANKS so much Greg!! I will check out the JL forum! What really aggravates me is the fact these fenders flares specifically say they are made for the Sport version of the gladiators and come back listing as compatible according to VIN#. Oh well!! Thanks again much appreciated!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
when you say they are just as wide are you counting the extra lip on the max tow ?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
@LJ357 just want to add that there is no more wiring needed just changes in the Settings in the Body Control Module.

Gregj

Sponsored

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sport S - Ordered 8/7, delivered 9/9
@BigRed97 - I am working on this mod to my Max Tow and having a hell of a time getting the fender liners in. Is there a trick to this?

Anyone have a step by step or video they can point me too? I wonder will the Max Tow liners work with the Rubicon fenders? Could really use some help with this as I am trying to get this done Friday.

Thanks,
Kevin

Swapped out my Max tow flares for Rubicon ones using the Mopar kit
P/N 82215985
This number is for LED lights

The kits also come with inner fenders(which was a nice surprise )

These definitely changed the look of the truck. Made it look taller, which is what I was after.

Before pics

IMG_20200110_075523.jpg

IMG_20191007_164538.jpg

IMG_20200428_093354.jpg

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
The max tow liners won't fit

Not sure sure why they are giving you a hard time....they attach the same exact way as the the ones you've removed.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Ebay fenders should work. They are the oem just not assembled. Make sure you get the lights for them. The sport s lights won't work.
Just to clarify this, the are NOT OEM. They are aftermarket reproductions. I looked at these before I went with the factory kit. I messaged the seller directly.
Sponsored